NPC's hitting too hard post GU80

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deus Ex Machina, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roocck Committed Player

Just forget the Elite and wait for the next DLC to drop and get better gear!!!! That what I'm gonna do!!!! :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth Loyal Player

Who asked for ZooE to be harder? I must have missed that thread. A boss level mob getting effected by an npc buff and one-shotting people without a tell was never asked for as far as I know. People criticized the E3 raids because they're too easy and they still are.
    Who said PanE was buffed? PanE wasn't changed. You're just out here trolling bud lol
    • Like x 1
  3. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Not trolling man. I ran Zooe last night also I don’t see why people are having trouble all the raids are still easy.
  4. Darth Loyal Player

I've ran and beat ZooE 6 times since GU80 dropped. It can still be completed if your shields and heals are on point. Having Laying Claw go from almost killing people to straight up 1-shotting without a tell isn't a balanced change and shouldn't have happened IMO.
  5. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

I was thinking/hoping all the artifact bonuses were helping bridge the gap between before and after stats revamp. Especially in older content. Many old raids just take too dang long even with full 220+. Doing BDe last night, that hope was shattered.

As for end game, I hoped artifacts would help establish a baseline for elite content. I do think there should be one-shots in elite... but only as a way only to punish the most entitled, unprepared players. If you, for example, come into PANe with all purple gear (netting CR221), with all beta mods, with 1:1 CR:SP (thus 221 SP), and a level 60 artifact, I think that's a fair "breakeven" point, where you should barely survive one of these massive hits. Instead, what do we have? CR228/SP300+ all OP/elite gear with full affinity bonuses, 2 artifacts over 80, full max mods, league bonuses, omega bonuses, consumable bonuses, trinkets, etc... still getting one-shotted.

If anything, ESC/PAN should have stayed the same, and previous content should have scaled back from there, with spot tweaks as needed (*cough*ZOOe*cough*).
    • Like x 1
  6. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

THIS is the mentality that got us into this mess in the first place. There is a bunch of old content that still hasn't been fixed/balanced. There are still a bunch of feats that I want to get from some elte raids, like ZOOe, that stuff like this keeps messing up.
    • Like x 1
  7. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

What atttack are you referring too ?
  8. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

All 1 shots in pane are avoidable lol, you shouldn’t be struggling in pane period.
  9. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

I thought so too, which is why I stayed for 3 full wipes. I watched. I recorded. Played it back. People seemed to be lunging when they should. Looked at the combat logs: I was taking insane hits. Maybe it was a laggy instance, because there was no time to react, just insta-dead. I played it without issue on my main a few hours prior, so I'm not sure how much was due to GU80, how much due to lag, and how much due to lack of the group's skill, but I know it wasn't because the group was clueless, as the deaths were not coming from the tether (except for that one dps that sat on me that one run...).
  10. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I don't know what they are figuring when taking artifacts into consideration. I don't know what the average artifact rank is. I know my DPS has 2 artifacts at 100 and I was still dying to Lying Claw's snare. I don't know how much higher my health needs to be. I did notice that I'm not hitting as hard and that controller debuffs are a must now. You can no longer get away without having at least the defense debuff on, unless you like not hitting hard and want the instance to last longer.

So far, I've only run Escape Elite and Zoo Elite since the update. Zoo Elite last boss is already a drag. It just takes forever. And now with Lying Claw one shotting, I really don't feel like running it until her attack is adjusted. Having a two death limit and then making it so you're SOL b/c of a random one shot is really not fair at all. If there was a tell, and you died b/c you weren't paying attention, well, that's 100% your fault.

I like challenging content. I don't like random one shots with zero tell or counter.
    • Like x 2
  11. Pher Active Player

So how is "feeling" that NPC's are hitting harder, relating to getting better? It's not a feeling really, especially if people track their combat logs and can compare numbers, then it becomes fact.

There are many levels of skill and knowledge in this game and among those at top CR and with most of the SP available. Having said that , while you might get through PanE in 13 minutes, that certainly wouldn't be typical. The game needs to be geared towards the majority of players who play consistently. Making content too difficult will only result in players leaving. Again, Elite raids should be almost impossible when they are new. They should be doable when you're fully geared for that DLC and even most of the feats should be doable by top level players. But, what most people are referring to are older raids, especially one that came out 8 months ago and our CR's are about 20 CR's higher, even those Elite raids should be a standard run for end content players.

I get we all have different preference for the game but I don't like spending a lot of time on older content.
    • Like x 2
  12. Pher Active Player

I did notice that Johnny's Whirlwind attack can one shot someone before they're even pulled, which makes it hard for a team mate to lunge him before there are many knockouts, so that should be adjusted a bit. This raid is a little harder than before GU80 but out league can still get through it in about 20 minutes or so. But our league are mostly 228's with 370+ SP.

My bigger concern in ZooE and USe, those need to be adjusted big time.
  13. Roocck Committed Player

Oh the mentality is what got us in this mess and not the communities request to re-engineer and change the game? Due in time when everything is fixed everyone can go back and finish all the Elite raids and get the feats.
  14. Vagrant Committed Player

^^^^^^^^^

Can't stress enough. We like challenging and engaging content. One shots will no tell or preparation for said one-shot is what ALL OF US WHO ACTUALLY PLAY ELITE CONTENT are complaining about.
    • Like x 1
  15. Vagrant Committed Player

The immediate refusal to play elite content when it is relevant is why it never gets tested in the first place. Since the devs can't test it themselves.

We need more players willing to play the content when it is actually challenging so that things like this can be fixed and not glossed over. Why would you want a band aid over a crack when you can plaster the wall?
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Like you seized the opportunity to misinterpret what was said by the majority and call people out?

No one here is saying elite content in the "latest" episode was buffed. Mostly complaints regarding ZooE and UsE, which before GU 80 we're stamped as "broken" elite content because of random one shots and overlapping mechanics. Folks are just saying how it seems worse after the GU.

Of course that's the perfect opportunity for you and a few others here to point out an "irony" that doesn't exist nor has anything to do with the main point of what most are saying.
    • Like x 5
  17. Darth Loyal Player

It's psionic snare. It used to hit for under 40k when you weren't shielded. Now it hits for roughly 50k from what I've seen. With a shield up you don't get hit much if at all. The run is still fine to complete for groups that know what they're doing. The one time I saw an issue was when carrying a healer. That was a bad idea lol
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There's much talk here about unfair one-shots. Reading through, I only see Lying Claw's Psionic Snare Attack mentioned. We will check this out. Are there other one-shots not mentioned?
    • Like x 2
  19. Compound Omega Level 30

Another big change that the group I was part of noticed was the inability to dodge Talia's Mind Control projectile. Before the update you could dodge the projectile if you timed your dodge. Post update, it appears that dodging the projectile is no longer allowed.
    • Like x 2
  20. Vagrant Committed Player

Hey Mepps, for ZooE:

• Lying Claw's Psionic Snare needs adjusting damage wise.
    • Joker Bat's Gag Glove does NOT need adjusting but would help to have a TELL when he is going to use this ability.
    • Tornadoes still need to be more clear, they are still WAY too small to see sometimes and with the cluster of abilities its hard to see.
    • Ads are fine damage wise and feel more in scale for what elite content should be.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.