Pleasantly surprised. PVP is in a lot better shape than some let on.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Winter Sabel, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

2. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Oh for sure PvP hasn't been at a good spot in a very, very long time not since Season 1-2. Even season 3 immunities were way too overpowered with so much emphasis put on them but that had to do more with Clutch. The lunge, roll glitch meta and finisher spam meta was really unfortunate, same with the overlapping panic that was never fixed with mental.

There will always be 2 underlying issues with PvP which makes it seem to me that we'll never have balance 1) the devs cannot create something for PvE that has huge implications for PvP because 2) the devs don't know how to pvp/don't pvp at all. In addition to the fact there is no profit to be made from pvp like there is in pve :(
    • Like x 2
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That was worth logging in just to like.

PVP is an absolute joke right now.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

atomic, ice and rage.... i just dont know what to do. if i can dammage them, i find myself completely empty on power, meaning i can't break out any longer, so they stun me and within seconds, they are completely full on health and i die soon... to some extend i would say that pvp is realy fun, but seriously: i think if you play a power without any heal (quantum for example) you can only fight untill your power is out and that was it... yeah, there are SC like the iconic, but SC takes forever to get ready... i am frustraded right now, because the same powers i mentioned kicked my quantum alt in the heck one round after the other, without any chance to do... whatever would be possible, i don't know it!
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: shouldnt breakouts regenerate power when breakout mastery is taken in the movement trees? i could swear it: i never receive any power at all, even if i use the breakout power airburst... even worse: the power has a cooldown of 18 seconds and seems broken...
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

There are some bugs & exploits a few players are using atm. It's mainly elec, nature & mental. Elec, nature Dots & mental both have exploits that are being used along with your usual few players using macros for combos & clipping powers. I'm almost positive the earth cheeese was ninja'd.
    • Like x 2
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

basicly tank powers are dammage sponges and heal while dammage in and out...
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Be interesting to see when Water hits the scene. :eek:
    • Like x 2
  9. YinChakra Dedicated Player

The only issue i've ran in to in pvp is the extremely high survivability of an Atomic tank due to the healing/defence abilities and combo heals. Devs definitely need to take a look.

Ice shield rotation can get annoying, but you just need to play smart and you can beat an ice tank with 4 shields.

I've beaten every other power in pvp multiple times, even an Atomic tank once lol but i think he was judt testing powers.
    • Like x 1
  10. YinChakra Dedicated Player

you can counter hl and rage spammers with a shield and mm abilities that stun. I got wrecked by a smart quantum dps, used shields at appropriate times and cc'd me during my combos so I couldn't do a lot of damage.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shifty Committed Player

Uhhh..... Troll thread?
  12. DulcesS Well-Known Player

The things I want to point out especially are taps and blocks. I think those should be reverted back to 3 taps against blocking player = getting blocked, instead of 5 or 6 like we have now. It's a pain, like someone said above, that players can literally spam taps and powers while getting 0% chances of being countered.
    • Like x 2
  13. Surtur Well-Known Player

14. Surtur Well-Known Player

I have to agree here.
    Electric's dot's not splitting right need to be addressed ASAP.
    Nature has a few issues as well and then the mental spamming power that has no interruption + stun.

If the dot's that are broken cannot be fixed then the powers that are not spitting right need to be removed from the power period.
    Either fix them or remove them from the game.
  15. Surtur Well-Known Player

If you remove the few minor issues with nature, elec, mental and a few players using macros.
    I don't think it's a troll thread at all. I think it is a very fair conclusion.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

i wouldnt call nature dots an exploit... you mean roar consuming all dots at once? i rather think it is a game mechanic that is strong, but it has enough backlash to be beaten... if it is stacking dots and roar what you mean
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, i think that players are doing simply what works best in pvp... one guy was upset i used einstein, tap, spiral wave clip for example... he called me noob, and said he would report me for it... but it is not something that is forbidden: it is a mechanic that costs severe power to spam, therefore i think the backlash is enough to justify... however: same guy used super speed vortex trap with electro healing powers just as much (and he was even able to beat me with it... so what?). its just: i dont call others in versus to stop using certain powers and tactics... i just didn't figure out yet how to defeat tank powers, thats all. if i am done with those pvp style feats on the villain side, i will not even play pvp anylonger... so i will use whatever i can and focus on winning, even if i get called noob for it... so: whatever ^^'
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

i don't want to complain, but i was just fighting against one that was using the full program:
    atomic, tank, combo, riffle and vortex trap.
    i know, there are some OP powers, some OP combos, some OP weapons, some OP movements...
    but damn, if anything: that was overkilling ^^'
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I agree, after shields are fixed and the non blockables.... We'll be great!
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

Shields are fine as they are. Shields help bring balance into PVP.