Pleasantly surprised. PVP is in a lot better shape than some let on.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Winter Sabel, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I have been running PVP a lot more since revamp basically testing things here & there and to my surprise....... PVP is in a really good spot minus a couple hiccups with a couple of the dot powers. When the devs adjust the Dots on those powers I think PVP will be wide open for almost any power.
    • Like x 5
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

o_O:confused:? Pvp with more on power spamming and less on counter-mechanics. No risk with combo powers. Dog broken. Gorilla broken. Rifle 5 tap combo broken.

Shield meta, I think its kinda just ok, and only cos of the power spamming available. Won't complain if it stays when power spamming is resolved, but won't complain if Shields are reduced a little either.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

LOL, no it's not. If you're not an atomic tank, you're either spamming shields with ice or cheesing with electric and PFtTing with arc lightning and flux. Or you're spamming movement powers, 2 shotting people with mental stealth, PvP is a wreck right now. Only thing I do like about it is the variety we now have, don't need to strictly be a hybrid, you can spec into power and spam all day, which is fine and dandy but they need to make super powers counterable after a certain time frame if they do that, like we had with AMs. Combo powers are just ridiculous.

We also need role specific gear back so shields and hybrid healing powers aren't so OP for DPS.
    • Like x 7
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

How would you even know? You quit remember. LOL

I see a lot more balance than before.
    • Like x 1
  5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

There are only a couple things that I see out of place that need to be looked at not counting the dots on elec
    and maybe nature ( I need to look at nature closer). I have scene all powers do well in PVP without using cheese.
    The shields I really do not have an issue with. I think the shields help balance out a few things like stacking healers. LOL
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Nature Wolf form and Gorilla form is broken. Some people are zoning into Pvp in Wolf/Gorilla form.

Atomic Tanks spamming combos making a node a CC nightmare. All reward no risk. Counter-immunity is too short. Fine if that stays I guess. But counter-damage sucks too.

Too much pew pew.
  7. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Are you kidding, feels like every match is a wet noodle fight
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah you're right. I just been playing since the stat revamp came live, my bad for going back on my word saying I'll be back lol.

And this is far from balanced.

What? Everyone else is making hyperbole with no evidence, thought I'd join in.
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

i'm sorry but pvp has been broken even more than it already has. Lets see.

Shield stacking, abilities not firing, powers no longer counterable making every match a PftT spam fest. (see rage/HL), Messed up immunity, heals/tanks literally unkillable if the user has half a brain. One shots from certain powers, roll cancel exploit is still a thing.

there is plenty more but im not gonna sit here and list all the problems i've come across.

pvp is faaaaaaaar from being in a good place.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ringz Dedicated Player

I don't appreciate troll threads op lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

You obviously haven't fought powers that are heavy shield based, it is quite near impossible to kill a mental player, particularly in troll stance so they get the power return. Mental has 5 shields and reflect dmg from reflect pain, either the fight will be a stalemate or will die but he won't. The new shield meta has brought a completely new playstyle where you have loadouts with pure shields and a weapon buff and you tap the other person to death thus giving no opportunity for a counter.

Like others said you have powersets that completely break all the rules of counter mechanics with rage & HL that you cannot interrupt any of their combos and they don't have to use any weapons so blocking and lunging do nothing. With the superpowered focus you have healers that can literally just just fly around in matches hitting powers and regening their own abilities without you being able to counter them whatsoever.

Damage is so reduced and shields are so strong with 100% absorption matches especially 1s-2s routinely last the entire duration because you can't be killed nor do you do enough damage quick enough to kill the other player.
    • Like x 1
  13. Soul Dedicated Player

On behalf of the now completely retired competitive DCUO PvP community:

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Yes I have played against mental players, Just as ice players. They both have shields. All powers have shields.

HL & Rage can be interrupted. I do it all the time.

Healers are a different story but you can counter that as well. Right now the only one that really sticks out is electric.

Nature mehhh... It is not op either, you just have to single them out.

Like I said, I don't see many issues outside of a few things. Elec DoTs not splitting right and a few exploits.

TBH, I think some people are upset they can no longer knock other players out in three or four hits.
  15. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

I truely wish I was running against the same players as you are because those players have absolutely no clue what they're doing if you think based on those matches that everything is near perfectly balanced in pvp.

Literally the only balance they brought to dcuo with this revamp was open world pvp no longer having to worry about players in full pve gear and AM's above you killing before you can react.
    • Like x 2
  16. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I will add that people complaining about immunities must have never boxed, wrestled or played any sports for that matter because IN REAL LIFE immunities are a dream dreamed up by the one's that cannot compete in real life situations.

Are you just angry because you are on the same playing field as everyone else now? Legit question ... not mocking?
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

With the shields the way they are, I was surprised the RPS system wasn't thrown back in.
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

People can complain about immunity all they want it was a dumb concept introduced into pvp that solely promoted turtle or playtillacounter playstyles. The only immunity is the original immunity which was a hardstun and knockdown where the only bonus you got was the free dmg window from them being helpless on the ground/stunned for a couple seconds. True balance wont come back until the RPS system is brought back.
    • Like x 2
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, but it really wasn't any better before the revamp was it? Unless you enjoyed being a nature healer, HL dps, or mental player. Sorry, as broken as it is, the engine needed a giant wrench thrown in it. Our previous meta of lunging over, and over, and over got ridiculous. Not saying they fixed anything, but it's also not a bad thing to see interest in PvP, right? They've said, holding my breath, that a PvP revamp will happen. We've dealt and adapted to the state it was in, we will adapt to what we have now until things change.
  20. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

If you step back and take a good look at it..... it's almost there. It's kinda weird and why I made this thread.