"Our primary focus atm is the revamp"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChillCat Loyal Player

On the contrary. ^This is almost an actionable bit of feedback. The point of my original response was to point out far too many posters are posting far too much noise in far too many places without actually providing at least some anecdotal feedback to work with. Just after revamp went live, I lost count the number of butt hurt posters saying ridiculous things like "roll it back" without any tangible justification. If players want to vent, fine/whatever, but all that's doing is slowing down the process of identifying and resolving actual problems.
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I get that. There are alot, but, and this is a BIG BUTT, lol, it is very obvious which powers are performing well and those that are not. I'm not even calling for nerfs any longer, because the community seems happy with how those powers are working, fine, but people need to stop and take a look at mental and sorcery. The revamp wasn't supposed to be a cash grab and reorganize which powers are balanced and the new ones on the bottom. They were all supposed to be similar, not equal, but similar. I am fine nkt coming in 1st at dpsing, but I'm not fine with those that are just because of their power. The skill level is gone, or is going.
    • Like x 1
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

All powers under revamp are supposed to have equal damage potential but they don't all work the same in every situation ( e.g. Rage favors melee). If you can reasonably show two players side-by-side w/ different powers and everything else is equal (mods, applied SP, gear) and demonstrate a real output difference, then I'm betting that will get real attention.
    • Like x 2
  4. monaka Well-Known Player

Thee testers did their bit, there is nothing called perfect balance, say tomorrow, comes another raid which has less adds and more bosses or where content design focuses on single target damage, I can assure you that I will easily beat earth with my gadgets toon.

I can tell you that both controllers and healers can be battle roles. The stats of various roles are closer to DPS than ever before. My healer, controller and tank roles have more than 14000 might and I can run solo content either as a heal/tank/troll or DPS unlike before.

The problem with battle healing and battle trolling is simply one we make ourselves. I battle heal/troll alerts but the same does not hold true for raids since standard group formations allow for one of each role. As a solo heal/troll, I have to then focus on healing than battle healing and I would have powers suited for role related healing rather than ones that focus on damage .

If we made groups with 2 controllers or two healers, battle anything is possible.

It's not all that bad as it sounds or as you make it sound.

Enjoy whatever the revamp brings, and while it lasts. What's the big deal?

Balance has been an ongoing exercise since November 2011, what's your big rush?

If your genius self knows of a sure shot method to make balance, share it.

Personally, I don't care if some powers are better than others, has been so since launch and will go on till the game is gone.
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Well I care that my power was released broken and unfinished.

Nine months and it was swept under the rug.

Fail.
    • Like x 3
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't think psn approval is that long. Something had to change because Ubisoft get fixes on It's test server really fast.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Gadgets says hi. I'm actually finding out that implosion mine will not explode if part of it clips through geometry. Add that to the 'nade lobs. Yeah...
    Seriously, why the ever loving does the blame always go to the testers?! We've all mentioned problems with powers that miss. The devs didn't change it. Ever thought that maybe, just maybe, they are going in that direction?
    • Like x 2
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think its because most of them are really obnoxious.
  9. recoil Committed Player

i'd be fine with my power if they'd just lessen the supercharge penalties. preferably by making the self heal and group shield just normal abilities with cool downs.
  10. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

If you don't like this revamp guys just give it 4-6 months, we'll have a big announcement about how the entire direction of the game is changing again to improve the "future." I vote we call it DCUO Rebirth this time.
    • Like x 1
  11. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Harsh.
    I think the devs are alright.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Well, that's true, but that doesn't mean it's their fault.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I assume it's because of the constant hate and blame they get. That can push anyone to their breaking point.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Projectiles missing has been a common theme since they were put into use. You act like we can get the Devs to stop creating these powers. A lot of testing is split comparing base damage and splitting on sparring targets. Did I play Sorcery? I ran a solo and ran around Typhon area but didn't notice anything amiss. I am not a Sorcery player however so I don't assume I know what's best. Blame Sorcery players for not getting on test and figuring things out. A lot of PS players have PCs but they won't test. Meanwhile, they drop a Test Server update at same of Double marks weekends. So we have to test for others against our own interests.
    • Like x 3
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What I think is funny is, people blaming the testers are admitting to the amount of pull they have over the game. They act as if the devs jump to our every command. Well if that's the case then why wasn't their more testers during the whole revamp process? Why was a small handful of less then 30 people the only ones even giving feedback on an entire game overhaul? If testers have as much pull as people claim, then why did folks wait till the very last minute to hop on test and give feedback? I don't understand it.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

They are either lazy or jealous. Most of the people targeting testers are also the ones the cry "why should I test something for free" or "we should have a ps test server" knowing full well that they would still not test. It comes down to it, testers get pooped on for wanting to help fix issues with the game they love because they become the new face. Eventhough they don't have sway, they do report bugs and things change based on it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like x 2
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wait but I thought 9 months ago the devs don't ever listen to the players and that's why we're in the state we currently are? Well at least it went from "the devs don't listen" to "they're listening to the wrong people." Guess that's an improvement.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

chicken. egg.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It was actually proven the "chicken" came first.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i already knew that but somehow feel it wouldn't be official til i heard it from you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.