NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Johnnie5oh Level 30

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, I WISH THERE WAS SOME WAY TO MAKE THE DEVS FEEL OURS. SO MUCH TIME/MONEY/EFFORT SPENT ON BECOMING GREAT, THEN THEY GO IN WRECK THE STATS AND NOW MY 200CR 314SP HITS LIKE A 175 WITH 200SP. THEY SC REWED US REALLY GOOD THIS TIME. IM JUST GONNA GO ON TO FARM AND MAKE MONEY TO SELL FOR REAL MONEY, FORGET PLAYING WHEN THEY CAN JUST CHANGE THE RULES WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT. I PLAYED BY THEIR RULES, I EARNED WHAT I GOT AND THEY CONSISTENTLY NERF US AND TAKE FROM US. FORGET IT, FROM NOW ON IM TAKING NOTHING FROM THEM AND GIVING THEM HELL IN RETURN.
    • Like x 3
  2. jamesdiga New Player

Agreeeeeeee death to dcuo this absolute crap with this revamp period . Ruined the entire game this more nerd of pay pay to play for noobs. After 237 sp they dont even let u spec into power . Exactly pay 9.99 for 60 sp token pay 500.00 for 80 capsule feats boom ur 237 sp in 3 months and doing the same damage as 340 sp player. Nerd of pay needs to be fired over this bs !!!! Ruined dcuo
    • Like x 3
  3. Johnnie5oh Level 30

CLOSE TO THE SAME!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! NOW I KNOW WHY WE GET THE TOP TIER SP/CR GET THE SHAFT SO MUCH, THE PEOPLE IN CONTROL OF THE GAME ARE DELUSIONAL AND I DON'T MEAN THAT IN A NAME CALLING WAY. HOW IS MISSING 2000 VIT 2000 MIGHT 4000 RESTO AND MANY OTHER STATS WHILE INCREASING THE ADS AND BOSSES STATS CONSIDERED "CLOSE TO THE SAME?" I have 314sp 200cr quantum and i now hit like a 175 with 200sp with no where to increase my toughness and defense which is way lower as well. Insane! Why must you punish the top tiers so much, why do you give us gifts that don't help us? Why do you not care how much time/money/effort we have spent earning everything we have and helping others in the game to only see it count for naught in the name of evening things out. WE ARE THE TOP PLAYERS WE DESERVE AND HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE ALL POWERFUL AND DOMINATE ALL THOSE BENEATH US. AS FOR THOSE ON THE SAME LEVEL OR ABOVE, A GOOD FIGHT IS EXPECTED. BUT WHEN A 200 WITH 314SP CANT BARELY DAMAGE A CR89 MORROWBOT AND GETS KO'D SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG AND IT DOES NOT TAKE A GENIUS OR CODE WRITER TO KNOW IT. Once again you have goofed, either your too dumb to know it or your in on it, either way, your wrong. And just so you know, I honestly don't believe your too dumb, I know better.
    • Like x 4
  4. Anatoly New Player

The dumbest thing i've ever heard.
    • Like x 2
  5. Kreachure Committed Player

WoW is easier.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

It was about time. No more crutches or training wheels....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Ekart Committed Player

Orbital always scaled down to what tear you were in. This was since we got clamped seasonals.
  8. Xanathos_PS New Player

Mepps, I really apreciatte if you take a couple of minutes and read this, thx:

I already ended to play a couple of hours in this "new" update mode, with a character with CR 88 and 102 sp, fire, damage, NOT TANK. In the old system, i have 3 weapon mastered and 1 weapon with all his abilities attack, no stats (I like to play with 2 handed and Dual wield, with Bow mastered for both, and sometimes change to Dual Pistols), and just his critics attacks abilities added to the stats (3 sp on this). Today I reorder the SP so I can use the same weapons and masters, after read the info here very carefully, so i can understand the new concept, and I have a 70% less of damage... then I reset the stats and try again, and again... and again... 2 weapon mastered.... 1 weapon mastered and bla bla bla.... same result. I come back to the forum, check almost everything and I decided to test the most similar stats position for the SP, in order to get something near to my old damage capacity... and I run a lot of different mission: bounty Bizarro: he literally take me down with 3 hits, and after that, only with 2 other players we can beat him, but i´m pretty sure I just did the decoration part in that, so, I try a tier 1... I cant understand the low damage... ok, maybe the server is giving bad info back, lets try another, lets try the summer event... between 70 and 80% less in damage.... ok, lets try the more basics, the Brainiac forces behind little bohemia MPD.... the hit score shows 140-180 per hit with dual pistols... So in this points I change to Two handed, and i have the same result in percentage: between 70-80% less. At this point, i wanted to see the real fustration of this update, and cue in a tier 5, 8 player. We start with 1p with CR 101, a few with CR70-79, and 2 with CR 60-70... and was a real torture. At the third part of the tier, in condenmed yard or something like that, ALL the players has already died a couple of time, a few left the raid, and a CR189 join us, and when we arrive to the final boss, Eclipso, we just saw (we all already dies by the way), a player with CR189 took almost 15 min to beat the boss, after a lot of Soda, healing and prayers and candles and all kind of stuff, to win the fight. After that, I dont even wanna try with my other charcters. My point after all the sad history: no matter the amount of "dedicated player", "well-know player", "super dupa hyper player" on the forum, who are posted the spectacular of the update and the glorious days to come... the previous test of this update was extremenly poor. I'm an old player, differents games, differents plataforms, and former pro-player in other franchise, this is the most destructive update I ever see in a massive online game: the updates are suppose to be a fun step for old players, and an atractive invite for new players, but all I get from today was: i need at least 200 sp minimum to enjoy this, or a lot of armor, but a lot of SP... and thats kill all the fun. I understand the model of sell level upgrades to the players, buy stuff and stats for a better experience, but I cant stop thinking: I dont wanna pay for membership, this is to hard, I want to enjoy the game, advance my characters, collect stuffs, and I dont wanted, this is too slow and too hard, i already advance my character and I feel like a level 1 player again, and is not fun, I work for advance in the game, and now Im like the begin of this... and thats the sad part... you dont test this. I dont remember any focus group taking real opinion for the upgrades, not just a forum, or the most important, I see how this game repeat the same mistake made by a lot of other developers when they try to balance the players and gaming enviroment. You ask in other forum for detail info about what happens in the game, but you really need to take a CR80, with 80SP (this is the standard character for a free-premium player, without open world), and I bet, you are gonna drop the game in a couple of days because the difficult curve is not coherent with the game experience. The devs really need to fix this, because wathever the number you get on membership, I believe theres gonna be a massive log out of player who want to PAY the membership, but they dont wanna spend money in something wich not givin the more basic result: fun. I know the review is very poor, but you can check my log of today, and see what Im talking (I suppose all the data of my character and user in on the log in of the forum). And 1 last thing: devs cant take the opinion of top players or players with CR over 170 and 200-300 SP for spend... they already have the game ended, is the opinion of the middle player you need to pay atention. Thx for the time.

Xanathos_PS
    Informatics Engineering
    Engineering Sciences m/ Informatics Ph.d.
    • Like x 5
  9. Ekart Committed Player

Ice: Having fun as DD or Tank. With Tank i need to figure out a good healing with shield ratio in skills. In both stances (using pftt) no problem with power management.

With Quantum it will be like starting fresh. But still ok. Will be fun to test stuff out this weekend. :D

So far no complaints. But hey i'm still from the old days, when content was challenging and you needed to watch the boss mechanics. :p
  10. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

I've played this game since it first came out in 2011 on PS3 & now on xbox one..I went from having a toon with 100sp (which wasn't great,but it was getting worked on) cr 103 that could hold his own in t6 raids & quite often was near the top in damage scores to now having that same toon get knocked out in the oan sciencells & couldn't even beat captain boomerang & took 6 minutes to beat fullhouse with a group of 4 people. So thanks alot stats revamp for ruining my character. I was looking forward to all the new content coming out, but thanks to this revamp I'm not renewing my subscription when it expires. You have made this game unplayable. Under this revamp my character can't do the raids for which his CR says he supposed to do which means he can't get marks to get gear & feats to get new skill points & there's zero incentive for me to go through lower level raids that I don't get anything from which no one ques up for anyway... Basically my character has been stalemated & stuck where his CR is currently at. So what is the point to me wasting my time on this game then. I've seen characters run nexus of reality & paradox wave with the required CR of 84 & higher get knocked out with one hit & the apparent solution is to make it even tougher...way to ruin a good thing. Also , I shouldn't have to read dev notes or update notes to play a game. This is not a job, I play this for fun. Remember the old saying , if it aint broke, don't fix it. The game was fine as it was. There was no need to change it. Tweak it if need be, but nothing so radical like this. this was my favorite mmo to play, but after this its time to look elsewhere.
    • Like x 6
  11. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

If you're going to ask the man to read something, please make sure it will not make his brain bleed.
    • Like x 2
  12. Wowlock1903 New Player

Well you better fix the earlier Tiers because I tried to do a Blackest Day raid where we have 200s and so on along with many on level guys... and it took 2 hours...couldn't even beat Black Hand !

How the hell are we gonna reach max level if we cannot even finish, let alone find , earlier tier raids ? At least give higher level loot from the damn things. The raid CR is 146 but the loot it gives 122 ... REALLY ? Do we have to grind Duos and Alerts for months to just farm marks to even have a chance to reach max level ? At least when higher CR people could do high damage, they had incentive to do lower raids...but now, when it takes 2 freaking hours ...why would they do it ?
    • Like x 9
  13. Captainyumyums1 New Player

I am highly upset about this stats revamp....sone things good came out of it but I go to playing a t8 raid and even with 188cr + are struggling...i feel like in terms of consistency to the game this update make me not want to playing dcuo....i thought this was going to be great for the game but made it more complex/complicated to playing....nothing will her done ....my character won't progress of the team cant do the same damage,heal to power and health if this doesn't get recorrected
    • Like x 7
  14. AlmightySAint New Player

So the update is good on overall, the removal of power points should have been way back but it's finally here .

The MAJOR issue this update has is the overly risen game difficulty. Doing dailies have become a chore even when doing a tier 1 mission while being cr100+ .The missions takes a lot of time to finally get through them. Having to constantly repair my gears as dying has now become common even in low tier instances.

When in the cr range of a 4 player mission, the most common NPCs are just overwhelmingly strong it can take up to 2 minutes to beat only a group of 3. Bosses are like godlike figures which time to finish them can take up to 20 minutes

I was in the League of Assassins Instance with a Cr 95 and cr 105 while i myself was Cr 97 .I can tell you that it wasn't fun at all as a tank i was doing little to no damage the whole instance took 45 mins to complete.

Playing in the 8 Player raids is currently impossible everyone getting one-shot while we are in the middle cr range of the instance. Even when high Crs like those with 180+ we still having a very hard time to go through the mission. Many leaves middle way.

Final words: NERF THOSE NPCs.
    • Like x 7
  15. ChicagoCub New Player

If you want to know why they did this the answer is in the small final section of the "What is the Stats Revamp?" article on the DCUO website. "New Foundation. Laid the groundwork for expandable character progression systems, new content mechanics, new features, new abilities, and more." All they did was make all the powers follow the same template. The PI's may have different names but the outcomes are the same. This has the added benefit of balancing the powers since they are now all the same big with difference lipstick. More importantly though, it makes it easier to add a new power like maybe, oh, I don't know...water? Do you think its just a coincidence that they did this right before water was released? Now they can add all kinds of new powers, all they have to do is plug them in to the new template. Bada bing, bada boom, new power. Throw it on the marketplace and you're good to go.
    • Like x 1
  16. Elpower Active Player

i love this revamp . i dont know why ppl complains all the time. im doing instance pretty well. just follow the mechanics.
    learn when to block and roll. learn about your powers. 95% of complains come from inmature dps.
    if you go with troll be sure he is debuffing .
    im doing some alerts whitout troll and tank and ppl says its hard. xD
    sorry for my bad english.
    learn to play the game and be sure that all your group know how to do the same before posting your bad experiences.
    dont nerf anything please, make them uses his brain instead. xD
    • Like x 4
  17. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

This is the best update for the last couple of years. Thx devs.

For those who prefer to cry on the forum:
    Learn to play the game, follow mechanics in instances and than game will be fine and fun for you.
    • Like x 5
  18. Kipperjones Level 30

This whining needs to stop, for the people who do not like this revamp, VERY GOOD DETAILS were givin, devs told us the difficulty will go up, you have to play more strategically, shields, heals, and using your roles. 4 leaguemates and myself went into prime and gates and all dps' d the whole thing, 1 person being nature 195 and 145 sp. I've seen other posts about growing a pair and relearning what to do, I agree with them 100%. Yes some content needs to be fixed, also stated by the devs that content specific bugs have not all been fixed. So give them a break and give them a chance to fix some things. That is all.
    • Like x 4
  19. Control Creed Well-Known Player

If some of you who are saying "the game is like it was" or "no more easy mode" mean you have to block, lunge and block break and block on skulls now I guess I see what you mean, don't think it's a big deal and everyone will adjust pretty soon. But this "1,2,3,4" is inferior to 1,2,3,3,3,3,3... you got to be kidding me.

Maybe some don't know how to use: Hand Blast Solar flare clipped into AOE Power interaction applicator (causes burning, dazed whatever) clipped into weapon buff, HB Solar Flare clipped into low power cost spam over and over till PI wears off but to act like it's "work' or "skill" when there will be videos within the week and everyone will be doing the same thing with every power... please don't let me see any of you complain about getting beat by noobs next month... please, just be happy with your very temporary superiority for the next couple weeks and leave it at that. Yeah, people didn't do the RPS cause of advanced mechanics all the overpowered powers and WM but to act like you won't be complaining once everyone catches on... don't fool yourselves, you'll be chasing kids off your lawn soon enough.

The fact that people will have to start putting together groups for raids / bounties instead of walk ins will probably be good for growing the community in the long run, assuming the toxicity and constant wavdoxing doesn't chase away people trying to enjoy this VERY simple game, probably the update will be a good thing, I'm enjoying it so far.
    • Like x 4
  20. azarel New Player

ok i like some of the revamp but i've seen some guys taken over an hour to finish an alert that up until yesterday took them 15 mins max. while i like a challenge this is ridiculous. ik now we need healers and trolls for everything now but make the healers and trolls better protected so that noobs in the game dont blame them for failing alerts or raids.
    • Like x 6