RP Themed Thread: If You Could Choose Your Own DC Mentor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight Avenged, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Arcee Active Player

Ozymandias

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

In-game my mentor would be Kyle Rayner or Nightwing but from all of DC my mentor would be Lucifer Morningstar
    • Like x 1
  3. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Truth. Plus an endless supply of cigarettes.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Power based mentors would have probably made more sense in retrospect. I remember my munitions character's first day on the job...

"Hey Batman, the scarecrow goons have been neutralised like you asked"

"Good work, don't kill them, cuff them and leave them for the GCPD to pick up"

"Bit late for that, I kind of gunned them down with a belt-fed machine gun and automatic rocket launcher."

"WHAT?!"

"It's ok, they might have been rubber bullets, I think. And my rocket launcher... with rubber rockets... and rubber explosions."

Awkward.
    • Like x 8
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

LOL!
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Maybe Raven or Starfire, I feel they are some of the more standing-out types of characters; and It'd be interesting.
    • Like x 1
  8. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Exactly. I've shot countless mobs in the face then strolled into East End police station to talk with Gordon. Still covered in blood...Batman didn't blink an eye.
  9. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Grodd for mentalist, flash for speed breakers, and zatanna for arcane fighters.
    • Like x 1
  10. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well for Black Dragon my mentor is Joker as she is my tech villain character. However if I had more options I would have probably chosen Catwoman as she is my favorite DC character and I was inspired by her particularly her Jim Balent look just with an original flair. As for Phoebe she is my Meta villain character so she has Lex Luthor as a mentor but if I had more options I would probably pic Sinestro as she is a Hard Light user and thus a Sinestro Corps member. Also I get that Lex Luthor is Superman's main nemesis but I always found it weird that he is the Meta mentor as he is tech not meta. I mean he has no meta powers. For Sekhmet she is my magic hero character so her mentor is Wonder Woman and she is probably the only one I honestly wouldn't change as I love Wonder Woman and she is one of my other DC favorite characters.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

One reason why Luthor is the villain Meta Mentor, is because he is doing 'research' on Metas
  12. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Lobo cuz i wanna kill **** but I also like animals
    • Like x 1
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I always thought of Luthor as having superhuman intelligence as a superpower. According to Brainiac, Luthor's raw intellect is higher than the entire rest of the human race put together. He even said Luthor is more intelligent than most of Brainiac's own species, the coluans. So yeah, in my mind Luthor IS a metahuman with superhuman intelligence.
    • Like x 1
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I always thought it would be fun to add a new cross-faction mentor, a mentor for both heroes & villains. John Constantine would fit that perfectly, I think. or maybe Dream of the Endless? the idea would be that you roll a new character, choosing hero or villain, then pick Constantine ( or Dream? ) as your mentor, & the journey up to lvl 30 would be a combination of instances from both factions, magic, meta, tech combined. add a kind of random generator aspect to it, where the individual missions get switched around, swapped in & out, for each character that's rolled. you might start in the East End PD, you might start in Little Bohemia, you might start in Sheeda's Den, & see where it leads you from there. not gonna happen, I know, but it's an idea.
  15. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

That brings up an entirely other discussion I wish would happen - a chance for faction betrayal.
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

I'd rather see Mentors mean something first.

As is, who cares? It's more role playing than anything.
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

Nightwing for the main and Flash for an alt.
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

there always should have been other factions...spies..."mercs"...all that...instead black white and the black needing to play nice with white way too many times frankly...
  19. Arcee Active Player

I always thaught they could use a new area for this , so you stay Hero/Villian but once you enter said new area you become alligned with the area faction you had choosen. And tie it into a multiverse story.

Take Flashpoint for example,, you enter via WT/HOD teleporter you enter Flashpoint and you have a moral choice do you allign with the Atlantean forces or the Amazon forces
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don't know, I kind of like my villain being this Wario-esque figure that will save the world so long as she gets paid. I didn't really like the levelling quests for villains because you were frequently made to do things that were unnecessarily cruel, because EVIIIIIIIIL MWAHAHAHA. I wanted to play a sensible villain that was pragmatic and amoral. That's pretty much what we are now.