Test Discussion Starro Event - Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

So Mepps lied or it's a bug...
    • Like x 1
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

or he made a mistake or devs decided to make them untradeable
    • Like x 1
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

I don't think he would make such a big mistake and post it on forums...
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Happens all the time! In this case, we decided to go in a different direction. What's on test now is intended and correct.
    • Like x 1
  5. Maxwill Committed Player

Oh :( I was hoping to save those items for one of my alts...
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So the rewards are not tradeable? If ya finish an aura collection on 1 toon is the aura tradeable?
  7. MensSana Active Player

Items must be untradeable... so you have to reset thousands of times the neverending event! simple...

and then they just say: "if you don't finish the event this year, you will do the next one..."; one year later they add 10 more feats so you wont finish it again :)
    • Like x 1
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

These "special " events keep getting worse and worse with the rng and the insane amount of stuff we need and the poor drop rates if this was a 100% free to play game I'd hate it but I'd understand but it's not alot of use pay 15 dollars a month we should be able to complete the items in the amount of time. If this is the new normal then some things need to change on both ends memberships prices need to be lowered or some of the rng just needs to be removed .
    • Like x 2
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Making at least the plans account bound would solve that. There's no reason to prohibit that - the player will still be running the content; still be using the replay badges; etc. The only issue is convenience. Some people would rather use their favorite character in 100+ raid runs than be forced to do 100 raids as that tank they only keep around for the times there are no responses in LFG.
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Is it possible to know what the replay cost will be? How many replays it takes to reset each instance is what im asking about. The anniversary event 8 player was 29 replays, will this be the same? Im not sure why keeping this info secretive happens. What purpose does it serve? There is no replay sale so its not like people can stock up in advance. Im also curious to see if the amount is going to be changed. I get the feeling the clamped version is gonna be 29 but the end game version is gonna be 87 because they dont share loot locks. Just a guess tho.
  11. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

With there being more bosses like a normal raid (unlike the anniversary event), 10 marks and a weekly reset, I'd imagine both raids will be 87.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

The Anniversary event was 29 to replay because it was a daily lockout with 5 marks. Which going by the formula they set, put it in the 29 RPBs replay.

1-2 marks = 12
    2-3 marks = 24
    3-5 marks = 29
    5-10 marks = 87

Rewards from drops also play a factor. 5 mark raids had good loot too, like weapons.

It's probably safe to assume the weekly raids will be 87.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Ya probably are right. I guess replays arent even needed to finish the gear this time. At least it looks that way from that stealth guys guide. I did some math on if u run only 1 toon through this and wanna just get the marks required for everything and wow. If ya get 750 marks in 8 weeks but need 1500 to finish it all well u can do that math and see for yourself ;) Im glad ive got a handful of toons to run through it all if i choose to finish this stuff. I see most of it is not tradeable anymore. Makes me wonder if the 2 auras and mask are tradeable once ya finish the collections.

Even tho i think u and the person above ya who both said its probably 87 i still dont get why that info is not able to be known before it goes live. Does it affect anything? Im seriously asking cause i cant think of a reason that it would need to be kept secret. I guess im just curious is all.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sooo...Tori already has a video of this aura in Oracle's Database, the Starro Event guide. Check it out. It's way better than this one.

I just wanted to say that off all the shoulder auras (Killer Frost, heart ribbon) this is my favorite. Since the color is a little darker, you can see the starros flowing from the whole back of your arms. That was nice. I think darker colors seem to work better with this kind of aura.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

OK, here's what I've collected so far of the Enhanced Conqueror set. I was not very excited with the original gear pieces (except for the chest), but the enhanced version has left me pleasantly surprised. My two favorite pieces so far are the chest - obviously - and surprisingly the cape. I didn't expect the cape to be so awesome. But I can totally see myself using it with other elite styles in game.

Here's what the glow looks like with other colors.

The good news? Conqueror's motes actually drop relatively frequently (at least for members, which is what we're testing as) from the loot caches and treasure chests. So by the time you have enough currency to buy a piece, expect to have enough motes to enhance it. Unless you're saving up to craft the OP Mask that is.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Oh, one last thing about drop rates. The Unlucky Stars collection drops much for frequently than the Starro Wars ones from treasure chests (at least that's my you-know-what). One hour of spamming the alert only netted me 8/12 of the Starro Wars collections (and other collections besides that). So that means that members shouldn't have hardly any trouble finishing this aura. The Starro Wars one will require more work and probably buying collections off the broker.
  17. recoil Committed Player

it would really be nice if the drop rewards that are gonna be attuned like the rest were to be easier to obtain especially in regard to weapon drops. they kinda skipped a half tier when they made the buyable gear in amazon fury 3 164. given the cr difference the way they've set up tier 8 is rather ridiculous. if you're stuck with a 154 weapon and have to face 184 adds and mobs not to mention bosses they're kinda setting you up to fail given that's a 30 cr difference.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Your overall cr is what matters when fighting adds/bosses. Not specifically the IL of your weapon. The max cr is currently 190 and thats with having a 165 IL weapon.
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

So the same motes used to enhance the starro gear are used to craft the OP mask?
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, like 20 of them, if I remember correctly. About the same amount needed to enhance 4 pieces of gear. I should take a screenshot of all three plans and put them up for people to see. I'll do that later tonight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.