MAKE SKILL POINTS A REQUIREMENT FOR ELITE ALERTS/RAIDS

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DeadInAMinuteYT, Jan 19, 2017.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This has been the disconnect from the start of the game. They are called "skill points" because they are used to purchase skills (weapon skills; movement skills; etc). The name is not meant to imply you are somehow skilled at playing the game.
    • Like x 4
  2. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

^^^Exactly.
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

Sure, because you know people don't already have enough reasons to keep buying Scam Capsules, lets throw in an SP requirement in also. How about we just put actual mechanics instead of double the adds with twice as many one shots, oh wait that would mean players wouldn't be able to show their invincible number that you can only see by going to Wavedox, that proves nothing and just shows you played more than the next guy.
    • Like x 1
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

This is the one point I keep trying to make people as asking them for the event, the clamped event that any player above lvl 10 can do (if anything I would ask for lvl 27 at least since you have full access to your powers) as if it actually mattered. Even now people don't realize how little SP actually plays into your power, and sadly stats doesn't change that much, gear is still what decides your efficiency as the gain from SP is still barely visible and content didn't become easy the more SP you had. Specially when you had to divide your SP between Power and having to decide if you wanted Precision or Might, because good luck if you actually went for both and thought you would get more damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I'm a little lost here, so you took my post and somehow made it all about DPS. Specifically DPS with "OP" powers?

The powers that can "keep up" in hard content right now include Ice, Mental, Gadgets, Sorcery, Earth, Celestial, Atomic, HL, Quantum, Fire. The powers that can't "keep up" in hard content (but can still do 50%+ of the "OP Powers" are Nature, Electric and Rage.

While my Electric toon is rather sub-par right now and I don't have Fire HL or Mental, I will gladly except a challenge either PVP or DPS'n in Elite Content/SM with any other power using 50sp or less vs your 250sp Electric DPS.

We are getting off track from my original point now. Here's an Example, I currently solo Tank OLYr, GOMr, OLYe, and GOMe (2nd boss gets a little tricky solo on elite) Using 4 different powersets (ice, Earth, Atomic, Rage). So you're saying 3 out of those 4 toons should all of a sudden not qualify to enter the raid simply because you have 250sp? That is the most self entiltling thing I've ever heard. I know it's hard to get away from the DPSuniverseonline mentallity but could you imagine trying to find tanks heals or trolls for elite content (especially on the Xbox servers) if they implemented a 200sp+ restraint on content?

Wanting to put a sp restriction on content because you get out DPS'd by people with less SP because you decided to DPS on a broken power is ridiculous. Here's a thought, maybe play a different power, maybe try Healing, Trolling or Tanking out or even create an alt or two. If you don't want to try that, for the time being IGNORE the scoreboard.

Revamps are coming, and hopefully all powers will be on par with each other. SP, though they will make more of a difference than they do now, will NEVER provide the majority of your stats.
    • Like x 3
  6. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

lets play devils advocate here. The most common excuse I see here is sp shouldn't be a requirement for raids because it will exclude paying customers from content they deserve to be in, skill doesn't equal skill points blah blah blah and so forth
    If that's the case lets remove cr from being a requirement from raids too, why stop there lets remove being level 30 from allowing you into raids as well. lets give everyone participation medals too.

I don't disagree that skill points should be a requirement just as gear shows your survivability skill points shows how much higher your HEALS are how much higher your POT is how much more MIGHT and PRECISION you can have. The most common misconception i see here is people who say they have done this or that with low skill point toons however give equally skilled players the same gear but have one spec 50sp and one spec 200sp you'll see a very noticeable gap and that the 200sp way out performed the 50sp.

My point being if your going to take someone into a raid from lfg and all you actually know about them is their cr and skill points I'm willing to bet all of you are going to grab the high cr/sp person because there is no way to determine a players "SKILL" yet so all you can go off of for your average pug is there cr and skill point's

and last but certainly not least but we are now in the 300's of skill points that are available to your premium and legendary players im sorry but 200 skill points is no longer a high requirement currently the game gives you 60 free skill points and earning 140 i could do that in less then a month not even grinding just an hour or two a night of actually doing content instead of standing in the watchtower/ hall of doom dueling or begging for auras
    • Like x 1
  7. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

can i see a video of this solo tank GOME please any tank power will do i just find it hard to believe because even the best leagues still use 2 tanks for 2nd boss ive seen first and last be solo tanked by rage but ive seen no one do 2nd boss gome solo tank
    • Like x 2
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I don't see why this would make sense.

Ideally content is created to entice people to play the game, that in turn (in a game like this) either causes someone to buy the episode or sub up. Demanding X character need Y amount of skill points would equal a turn off.
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

Typing the title of your incredibly horrible idea in all caps doesn't make it any less bad.
    • Like x 2
  10. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

if content is created to entice people to play the game and that either cause someone to buy the episode or sub up than demanding X character need y amount of CR would equal a turn off.
    unless you believe in taking cr requirement out of raids then skillpoints are just as justified to be a requirement.
    People can be top cr in a matter of days of starting the game if we are basing skill off of experience then cr hold far less weight then skill points takes longer to earn 150sp then it does to reach 189 cr
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

With the feats that have been popping up in the time capsules I can actually see this happening especially after Stat Matters comes into the game it sure would force people to buy the stabilizers and legendary (for unlimited money) to get the quick feats to get into the elite content.
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

Sure why not just add Legendary as a requirement to run Elite raids on top of SP on top of CR. No point in pretending this is about "skill" anymore when it's clearly all about da $$$.
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

14. Swiftduck Loyal Player

lets say they implement such a feature.

have fun find anyone to join your raid.

the majority of the player base has less than 120 skill points. You think its tough to find decent players now? It would be near impossible to find a qualified player that hasnt already run the raid for the week.

also skill points dont really do a damn thing after 75 points as it stands on live and its not a whole lot different on the test server for the stats revamp. Skill points have never and will never be the bulk of your stats or a deciding factor of whether or not you can complete content.

since day 1 of release of this game, knowing the mechanics has always been the end all be all of whether you complete the content you are doing. Skill points are just the sprinkles on the icing on the cake. They are not even the icing, mods are the icing. The devs designed it to be this way and that is the reason the devs never put a skill point requirement on anything because they know you are not required to have a ton of them to be effective.

I'm not saying they're useless, but they're not as effective as people wanna hype them to be and they are most certainly not much more effective on the test server.

having 300 skill points is not going to grant you some godly advantage over someone with 150.

It has never been that way and never will.
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

CR requirements are necessary because they at the end of the represent your total gear level, it's even more important because due to the CR differential if you could just go into any raid regardless of your CR, you would just die repeatedly because their are some things you can't kill until you meet a certain threshold. Removing the differential will help some of this but at the end of the day your cr will still represent a certain amount of stats.

You're right skill points take time to earn, far more than gear... but getting the majority of skill points is not a reflection of skill (back when FOS 2 was new, there was one member who successfully healed the raid (outhealing the other healer... although technically speaking "outhealing" can be a show of other things but thats another topic) with 32 skill points.

Also, just because someone has the skill points doesn't mean they allocated them "correctly" so they could still be not useful to the group as a whole... there are so many reasons why tying skill points to any raid (whether normal or elite) is silly.
  16. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

Need Roles OlyE 200sp^

I'm sure after stats matter hits people will shout for a minimum number of SP's

So your idea may not be officially be put in game but

I'm sure the guys(dps) with low SP's will get passed over for players who do.

safe to say now though Cr is king and SP's don't matter
  17. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

lol this again? really just stop with the sp..

- SP aren't skill. i'd take a 40 sp experienced alt over a 250 SP every time. and getting them SP doesn't have anything to do with how much u understand the game. i bet there are lots of players who already complete their pvp feats buts don't have a clue how counters works coz they "earn" their feat with trade wins or something like that.

- yes having much SP will help ur stats, but it wont make that much of a difference. a bad healer will fail if he has slow reflect on bursting or keeping the LoS. a bad tank will die if he doesn't know how to counter. a bad troll won't be able to keep up power if he doesn't know when to timely cast his POT. no matter how much sp they have. yes they will help, but it wont make any difference in success or failure, unless probably if ur aiming for high rounds in SM.

- don't forget SP is just a number, doesn't show how a player spent their SP. say u need 200 sp for some elite raid, and a heal comes in with 200 SP but didn't spend any dime on resto/crit heals. which do you tink will help more? him or a 100 sp healer that effectively spent their sp? and don't forget mods, league buff, white mods, HT trinkets actually will help more than SP. so whats next? req to have lair system? or req to be legendary? or req to be in a league with buffs? or should there be a stat req also for raids? min resto? min vit? min def? min repc/might? stop it lol

- oh and its so darn cute how many ppl think "stats matter" will benefit more high SP players. many players with say, 250++ SP just start playing after WM/AM era. most of them dont even know how to use weapon, let alone clipping the combos. 250 SP wont help you. just wait and see

- and lastly, why is this in the testing feedback? do you go on test server and fail on the elite raids because test server doesn't give you as much as SP as ur toon in live? believe me, if u failed in test it has nothing to do with ur SP.
  18. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

Because of players like you thinking this is why, I love Atomic tanking and at the end of a raid laughing at the Dps that I just out damaged as a Tank.
    Skill points do matter an at 291 now I can spec as tank an dps.
    • Like x 1
  19. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

This is the exact reason why the name Skill Points needs to be changed to something along the lines of STRATEGIC POINTS or STRATEGY POINTS.

There is zero skill in acquiring SP so the name needs to be changed.
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

Seriously though, such a feature would truly be the death knell for this game. Just look at all the anger that resulted from tying feats to time capsules and even from gifting grindy feats in the CR 100 boost promotion. Like it or not, feats are directly tied to how much money you spend on this game and it's only getting worse it seems. You seriously want to make the game appear even MORE pay-to-win? Not to mention making it even more of a hassle to form groups and include alts to beat content that is already meant to be the most challenging content available? That's insane and stupid. No way around it.
    • Like x 1