PSA: The 300 mark collections in the new vendor aren't for OP items.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NoPhilosophy, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Are they selling these coins in the Marketplace?
    How many replays does one have to do to have 300 extra coins to waste?
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly. What is the point? Grind 300 coins which takes about a month to then spend them on a style that only gives a title? Not to mention ya need the rest of the collections to drop in the content to finish it. I dont understand why this was done and seriously question the person that came up with the idea. There is more then enough grind in the dlc. We dont need a time sink like this just for a style. Its bizarre to say the least.
    • Like x 3
  3. AccelT Well-Known Player

This. I get it that they had to make a way to prevent under CR characters obtain those OP equipments but such thing shouldn't didn't had to cost so many marks. As far as this one goes... if they wanted so much to give 4 star feats at least it should have been for this one. Would have made more sense to spend those Ancient Coins after the next Episode release.

Sure, there's AC sinks for base items but seriosly, anyone should be done with base item feats from the Episode in 1-3 weeks and there's only so many of those items that aren't a variant of another (not sure why they chose to make so many egg base items).
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

My only problem is the way it was done. Players should have known that it's strictly a style, not an op item with stats. The devs have gotten more thirsty in the last 8-12 months
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nope, haven't been able to get all the pieces yet, for anything in the new capsule. This capsule wasn't put on the test server, to my knowledge, nor is there a way to get stabilizers on test, so I haven't been able to spend another weekend grinding everything out from them.

I think my justifications are rational.

If you don't want to work towards the Minotaur head style, you don't have to. It has no stats associated with it, so you won't have an inferior build to those who do.

A common forum complaint is that episodes die off pretty quickly once the next episode comes out. This looks to address that complaint by giving us a reason to go back and play the content when it's no longer the most recent episode. In turn, this ensures that the content is actually being played, allowing those who aren't currently playing AF3 to get into groups. How many other episodes can you name that encourage that?

It should be noted that I'm talking only about the Minotaur style here. Not the Omnipotence items. I think 2 Omnipotence items is excessive and would have preferred more vanity only items as collection items after your main grind is over. Stuff like Cerberus base pet and the likes.
    • Like x 3
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I also dont believe its to give longevity so people will go and run ep27 when its out of relevancy. If future dlcs are like this one then i will literally never have the time to go back to ep27 and grind 300 coins and 11 collections. Im guessing a large % of players wont have time for that either.

And i dont think i ever saw a dev say it was an OP head. Players assumed it was because 1 of the pieces is gold and on the vendor with 2 other OP collections. But imo the devs should of came out and let people know its not an OP item. I didnt see them say anything. It looks deceptive when something like that goes on. If i was 1 of the replay spamming people and spent $ to get that item to find out its only a style i can say i would not have been happy. Why make the collection gold and put it with other OP collections on the vendor and have it cost slightly more then the other 2 OP collection pieces if its only a style? It shouldnt be labeled that way. Cause it will cause any reasonable person to believe its a 3rd OP collection that rewards another OP gear item. Simple communication would of cleared all this up. But staying silent makes it seem deceptive, at least in my eyes. Do i know if that was truly the devs intent? Ofc not. But from outside looking in that is how it looks.
    • Like x 3
  7. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

I hate grinding feats that only give 5 points, but it could at least be a one star.
  8. AccelT Well-Known Player

I was refering to all 3 collection pieces on the vendor. But hey, if the last time they did sort of a preview for the Time Master hands I guess the only reason they haven't done it in a while its because they are accesory pieces and its been all about the styles lately.

Its kinda the same as the rare style sets available for 560 Marks of Victory total, except you won't get a feat that contributes to SP, it will take way more time and you can only progress on that within an specific Episode (reference all the players that keep saying 'its an MMO, it should be THAT grindy').

I think a lot of the moves they've made these past months show something.
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

With much respect to you Tori, I don't understand how in a billion years you can defend something like this.

At the very least leave the Minotaur collection on the vendor but for 30 Ancient Coins rather than 300. The fact that the other two vendor collections are indeed for OP gear items makes it all the more blurred.

Minotaur collection for 300 Ancient Coins for a style is a scam if there ever was one. Of course there were gonna be people who would be intrigued enough to get it thinking it was also OP gear.
    • Like x 3
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

Well, I'm with Torikumu here. The head is a goal meant to be aimed for when everything else is completed. Once you've done and have everything, what else is there left to do at the end of an episode? Usually nothing, but it's great that now I can continue aiming to get something, even if it's not majorly helpful or even cool, I have a reason to keep logging in and playing whilst still feeling like I'm moving towards something. Yes, maybe it is too expensive, but the idea is great.
    • Like x 3
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You folks really need to learn what the words "scam" and "rip-off" means. You're upset about a time sink that you don't have to do. It offers nothing for progression. Want the minotaur head? grind the coins. Don't want it? don't. Problem solved. The sense of entitlement floating around this forum is beyond belief. The sense that you need to be lead by the hand with EVERYTHING is beyond belief. Take some responsibility for your own choices. Sheesh.

As Torikumu said, This is to create longevity for those players that want to do it. Y'all act like someone's sitting around holding a gun to your head, forcing you to go get those coins for the minotaur head piece. Nobody said "GO GET THAT COLLECTION PIECE NOW". You decided to do that.

It seems lately that all the complaints on this forum focus on how the devs screwed us by offering choice. It makes zero sense. You make choices, you live with the consequences. Stop blaming other people for your choices.
    • Like x 4
  12. SheerFaith Committed Player

Just one more piece of stuff I´m not going to care..
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Just out of curiosity does anyone have a picture of what the head looks like?
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Some people cry that one month after releasing new Episode there's nothing more to do, when Devs try to address that issue people cry they can't finish content in two weeks or less and call them greedy because they 'force' people to spend money to gear up faster.
    Be smart and please everyone.
    • Like x 5
  15. inferno Loyal Player

I don't think Torikumu is "defending" anything. He is simply pointing out the simple fact that when we have all moved on from this dlc since we have bought everything with the coins; the DLC currency will have 1 last item for use of purchase. And it doesn't tie in any feat for progression.
    The main point of the counter arguments here seems to rest on the point of the timeframe. A lot of people want it now or in 3 weeks or 3 months or during the dlc's lifetime or a player is "forced" to replay to get it sooner.
    99% of the items purchasable by the currency can be bought in 3- 5 months time. After that if one keeps playing only the raids every week, you can purchase the minotaur head in 10-12 weeks.
    • Like x 2
  16. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

instead of making a good, fun game, everyone wants to pay to play...they do this kind of stupid crap...and wonder why ppl gripe about it.
    • Like x 1
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont have an issue with a grind. An excessive grind for a meaningless item is what i take issue with. But hey if people wanna go back and grind that out more power to em. The point i was trying to make is this episode has a ton of grind already and for people that play atls, which is a ton of players, most wont have the time to grind it. But it not that big of deal.
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

My argument isnt about it taking time to get it. Its that it looks like the other 2 OP collections. Couldnt it have been labeled green instead of gold? Also the collection pieces that drop are also gold and drop once u have the divine favor feat, like the other 2 OP collections. If its not rewarding an OP piece of gear why is it labeled like it is? That imo is the real issue here.

I know i posted about the grind. But my point is why? I dont understand why someone would do that grind for a style item with a title. But if they wan to cool. That is their decision to make. The way its labeled is what i have an issue with.
    • Like x 3
  19. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

Well while we learn what "scam" and "rip-off" mean, you can learn what people are actually upset about here. No one's asking to remove the style, it's a little high priced sure, the real problem? There is terrible communication. You place a collection to a style, right beside collections to the OP items.

Why is it there in the first place? Why put it right beside the OP items? Why is it priced so high? No matter what you say, the devs have always been terrible at transparency and conveying information properly. How many times in a day do people ask the amount of stabilizer fragments to form a stabilizer, would it have killed them to put it in the tool-tip under the currency tab? You hit level 10 and they tell you you can change role, there is nothing in the game that teaches you how to play support or even remotely explains what it is. Skill points and weapon mastery, those are explained a ton aren't they? How many new players ask what the purpose of feat points are and how to get skill points? The livestream for time capsules spoke about upgrading emblems and gear, they never explained how, people are asking about it constantly in game.

Why does it take some poor guy to waste his time, his efforts on a collection that he thought was something else for the rest of us to get it? Why was this information not conveyed from the beginning?

And you know the worst part? Only a small minority of players visit the forums. There are going to be so many other players that buy that head collection believing it will work towards an OP item and they'll suffer for it.
    • Like x 3
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I didn't defend it for the reasons you stated. Quite the contrary actually. The 7th word in the post you quoted was the start of a sentence which condemned the developers for not being clear that the item is a style.

300 Ancient Coins is very reasonable for an entirely optional style that's intended purpose is to be something cool to chase once you're officially done with the episode in terms of progression. 30 Coins is a pitiful amount. It's Thursday's reward if you decide to complete both raids on reset day. How are you meant to get excited about a style which everyone got immediately and takes basically no effort?

I'd have killed for older episodes to offer this kind of system. Imagine DLC7 had a collection which upon completion unlocked a Paradox Tyrant vanity pet or if DLC13 had a Cerberus vanity pet to chase or DLC10 had a Mantis head style to chase.

But yeah, it should have had better messaging. The whole collection system should have better messaging. You should be able to get the tool tip up for every reward, when viewing the collection. At least then it's not as disappointing when you find all of the well hidden investigations from an alert like the Underworld Trials, only to find out it's a 4th version of the same Phoenix base item, this time for placement on a wall...
    • Like x 1