PSA: The 300 mark collections in the new vendor aren't for OP items.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NoPhilosophy, Nov 25, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

The ones at the very bottom of the list.
    Just want to spread the word.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The other two OP collections (Relics of the Underworld and Treasures of Olympus) are for OP items: OP ring and OP neck.

The minotaur collection is just for a minotaur head style.
    • Like x 2
  3. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

What are they for then? Pics.?
  4. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

It's a ploy from the minotaurs to steal 300 of your coins

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  5. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

LOL yeah. Saw the post explaining it as my phone reloaded. Is there a feat for getting the head style? If not. Guess who's not getting it.
  6. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

Feat worth 0 point I believe! You get a fancy title you'll probably never use though ;)
  7. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

I hate 0 pointers, it's like what's the point.
    • Like x 4
  8. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Well for me its to late becouse i already have bought it :(
    Good Bye DCUO .
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I have been waiting for a long time to have this head, when I have 300 marks I intend to buy!
    And as always, I hope developers make more heads in the future!
    I still dream of the Dragon's head![IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Bragging rights. And before you say that's stupid or anything resembling that, realize there are people getting stressed because they may not complete a few feats from this Time Capsule...which will only make them marginally stronger. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Bragging rights aren't stupid they just don't help get my Toon stronger. So they are pointless, to me.
    • Like x 4
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It really surprised me (and made me laugh, but with sadness in my eyes) that they put three-star feats in the TCs but decided to NOT GIVE EVEN ONE STAR for this? It's like...seriously? Course, a title is better than nothing. Not saying I want to run around looking like a minotaur of course. A cyclops maybe...
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Thanks for the heads up! maybe I'll buy it next year after I finish my vendor set first, right now I sell some OP collections on the broker for ridiculous prices to all impatient kids so I can grab their money! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  14. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

The minotaurs will be waiting >.>
  15. BumblingB I got better.

There is no point. hence zero points. *rimshot*
    • Like x 5
  16. Ully Committed Player

300 marks for a style? Shame on you, Devs.
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not really. It's a good idea. Granted, it should have been made clear from the start it was only a style.

Items like this are supposed to be something you chase after once you've achieved everything else. An end-game to the episode, to keep it relevant and interesting once you've got all the important, progressive stuff from it. Even long after it leaves your relevancy window. If you're going for the Minotaur head style now, before you've achieved everything that the episode has to offer for Amazon Coins, then you're doing it wrong.

The feat of earning 300 Marks for a collection and finding/buying the other 11 Collections for an exclusive style with an exclusive title make it a trophy to be "proud" of. Especially when that style is a cool, Minotaur head and not just some "are you even wearing it?" tiara.
    • Like x 5
  18. Ully Committed Player

We'll agree to disagree then. For me, the price is outrageous. Also, regarding the reward, the Devs should have addressed that collection specifically to avoid the confusion. Miscommunication seems to be reoccurring theme.
    • Like x 3
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm guessing you haven't gotten the Phoenix Aura yet either. I was searching around for one of your videos to see it up close and personal, but, alas, it wasn't there. Hope you get it eventually.
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Not sure how you can defend lol
    • Like x 4