Work In Progress Development Update: Episode 27 Gear and Progression

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

If you want to sell that stuff, that is what "greed" button for, icon of the button pretty much suggests it.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The number of coins rewarded and the vendor costs will be different and have no relation to marks. The costs will reflect this gear being the BEST gear in the episode.
    • Like x 1
  3. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

So as others have mentioned, what's to stop people from needing on a collection that they already have? Seems unfair.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Elite raids give everything that regular raids do, plus renown, which is needed to purchase elite gear from a vendor.
    • Like x 1
  5. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

But you don't have to purchase it, if you don't want to. I personally can get behind this idea because people have gone years without ever seeing an op drop. At least this way, people have a way better chance at it.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

We dont know if the elite gear is going to have better stats then the normal raid gear. If it does then yes it makes elite gear more valuable. But elite gear has had the same stats as raid gear for a long time now. If it stays that way after the stats revamp then elite gear is basically just a style that gives ya the elite bonus. Those bonuses can raise your stats obviously. But imo not enough to be meaningful.
    • Like x 1
  7. metalfenix Committed Player

I approve these changes :)
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

we go back to alot of different marks, they are just called now coins...
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

we will still recieve marks of victory in the amazon fury part 3 to right, or will it only be the coins that will drop?

Will the coins be able to buy the gear or would we need both the coins&Marks of victory?? :confused:
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A little renown lets you unlock a few slots. Then more renown means more slots, and so on. You'll want to be gearing up as you go to be strong enough to fully complete everything.
  12. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Maybe they'll remove mark relevancy because of that.
  13. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

It's stated in the OP that marks will continue to drop as well.
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

okay so we will probably need both Marks of victory and the coins to buy gear.
  15. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Is the renown cap being increased? Most people are already capped out in all factions because of how long renown was useless.. Are we getting more renown feats?
  16. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Well think of it as DWF u go into the raid to get gear right well its no different
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So let me see if I understand this say I run Zeus elite. I get renown correct? I can then buy 1 or 2 pieces but not full set? Is that kinda of the idea?
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ah, so I'll get to update my notebook with Mark (guess I should say Coin now LOL) costs for gear, maybe add a note or two about payouts. :D

Good to know going in, even if it may be a way off for my characters. Thanks for the info. :)
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These items are looted from defeating bosses, as individuals, not as a group.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, it also clearly states the opposite of that.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.