Buying seasonal currency..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Sep 27, 2016.

1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

In the end, that's all that really matters though.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Opens wallet. Pulls out credit card. Enters basic numbers.

Phew that raid was hard work!

5231 6789 5688 3456 is the new AM

Now where's my expiry date gone.
    • Like x 5
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Not when feats are being handed out like Camdy on Halloween.
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Whoot!

I was going to be playing DCUO again purely for the cat. Turns out, I won't even have to play!

That totally works for me :D

Now...please tell me that I can use the stock pile of loyalty points I've built up. Maybe I'll just fill my lair with cats.

Wait....we're going to get a kitty litter tray as well aren't we? Anybody feel like pet-sitting for an undefined, and extended, period of time? Duties would involve feeding one or many cats, and emptying their litter trays. Not many rewards to be had, but the cats may allow you to pet them. Although there is a very real risk they will randomly attempt to claw your arms to shreds.

Hmmm...maybe Ms F isn't quite ready for pet ownership.
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely I love cats.

I was gonna say something else but thought I'd get banned :(
    • Like x 2
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

As Mepps said, the feats are so trivial.

Y'all of course have a right to disagree and complain. You're customers.

But personally I'm glad they added the option. I won't use it for feats, because in my eyes that's a waste. But I will definitely buy a couple of Teekls and maybe some spotlights.
    • Like x 3
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

So you don't care what happens to the broker prices. Or that it's literally pay to get feats? hm
    • Like x 3
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I think Seasonal Marks on Marketplace for 600MC is a good thing myself. Reasons:

1. Great for new players or players who haven't run the Halloween seasonal much or at all. With the ever increasing amounts of styles and base items for seasonals another way of getting seasonal marks is great for the game imo. I'd want this for the other seasonals as well.

2. This is great news for any base decorators out there, especially if you need Teekl. Sure, as Torikumu said you can also run the event on however many alts as well as your main and trade base items back, and sure if you have enough in-game cash you can buy Halloween base items off the broker, but this is a great and convenient way of getting lots of Halloween base items fast. I personally need a few Teekls, many mass base items from last year, Steaming Cauldrons, and more from the seasonal, so buying a 50 Spooky Bites or two off the Marketplace is majorly convenient for me.

3. This is great news for those who may get tired of the Halloween seasonal event itself, having run the event 100s, maybe even 1000s of times - and Spooky Bites on MP might even be preferable for those running the event daily (and on alts too) come the last couple weeks of October when they have run the event a crazy number of times.

4. Seasonal base item packs? I'd find this very restricting unless it had exclusive seasonal base items not from the seasonal vendor (and would probably cost more). Buying seasonal marks gives you choice. I'm liking the devs direction of the game towards more choices atm.
    • Like x 4
  9. Proxystar #Perception

As long as you sold your time capsules in the first 5 minutes it's fine.
    :p
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Aw you mean players won't be able to gauge other players for simple seasonal base items anymore ? How awful.
    • Like x 2
  11. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Ahem, no. All the people who decide on buying the currency instead of running the seasonal will no longer enter the queue, making the wait longer ;) This is an MMO, so a lot of decisions one group of players make have impact on other players. Look at what time crapsules have done to exobyte prices on the broker due to players buying stabilizers - the cheapest entries are now sometimes at just 25% of what the before cheapest prices used to be. As long as DCUO isn't fully switched to just solo content relevant, stuff other players do will/can impact one's personal game experience. And the forums is the location where people fight to improve their own game future experience or fight changes that devolves their current game experience.

The only thing about a lot of "suggestions" and "additions" is that neither the majority of players here (which is OK since they are just gamers) nor the devs themselves (which is, considering their job, not OK) seem to think any further than the imminent effect changes may have; but hey, we just killed 2 years of balancing for a "back to square one" solution, so we already had excellent examples of the devs lacking foresight, why complain further :D Just everyone lower their expectations, and when DCUO finally starts focusing on solo content, everything will be good :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Bobburt Committed Player

This must be their response to the feedback about the increased cost of seasonal items and how it makes marks worth less for those that saved up from past years. Insulting.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They also increased the amount of Spooky Bites you can get per day to offset the increased prices. They said they want the prices to be uniform across all the seasonals. Currently all the prices and amount of seasonal marks you get per day are all over the place.
    • Like x 2
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I'm torn.

I understand Jain's viewpoint of:
    But at the same time I understand Kody's viewpoint of:
    In the end though, there is no way this is not going to be successful because as Proxy said:
    I will literally log in tomorrow, buy enough marks for Teekl for my main on EU and my main on US (unless the cost is ridiculous for the marks), then just do the seasonal once a day on US to get the feats I am missing from last year and this year, and use replay badges to unlock the feats on my EU main.

In the end...these seasonals from here on out are going to make Daybreak a good chunk of $$. Because everyone knows as well as I do, every seasonal from here on out will have a 50 pack of marks for sale.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

600? Where was that announced? I thought the price hadn't been revealed yet.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the DCUO Twitter said it to you on Twitter.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Wow says the person gouging players for time capsules when they first came out.

I'm sorry little sister I like you but your attitude towards the in game economy and pay2win etc etc is truly truly horrible lol
    • Like x 4
  17. Controller Devoted Player

I honestly don't think that you BELIEVE that this is a change in the game...we have to remember that DCUO has to get revenue from SOMEWHERE, with the break between DLCs and such.

Why do you think they offered the $70.00 Yearly Membership? This, the TC's and now THIS Halloween offer could be a way to offset the break in content AND offer the players some cool stuff we want.

I'm LOVING my Green Lantern emblem on my Energy Armor....LOVING IT.

And as a "sort of" Old School Gamer (Around since January 2013) I have no issues with this. Again - the nearly 6 SPs gained from the TC's and NOW this Halloween currency thing won't make a notable difference in our toons at all.

6 SPs won't help me our or our raid parties with DWF E.

I honestly don't think that this is going to be a recurring thing. And in the event that it IS then again we won't see a notable difference in our toons until 40-50 SPs......
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Eh. There's a difference in my eyes. There was no precedent for Time Capsules. I saw them going for 400k on the Broker, so I also put mine on there for that amount. It wasn't meant to gouge players.

I can see how you think that though. Oh well.::shrug::
    • Like x 3
  19. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I'm going to hit the event with my alt army as usual, but the price of the cat along with how many I want is just too much. So currency in the marketplace is a big help. I know towards the middle or end I'm going to get sick of farming the event. It's all about the cats this year!
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I actually don't think it matters what we say I this thread.

It is clear to me the direction this game is taking

Progression via microtransaction

Don't worry devs my wallets in hand and I'm bending over.

I've assumed the position.

Choo choo : D
    • Like x 4