The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Yea, seems like just yesterday.
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

I was recently asked about tips to increase a players damage in raids. What I made clear is that it's all about manipulating ways to boost your numbers on the scorecard. Since most players don't actually understand how the scorecard works (things like # of targets and time in combat are important). I made brief commentary in a SM run I did using EMP III at Melee and midrange. I do plan on making a video with far more details and tips on how to "comp"/number chase just so some light is shed on why some players don't appear to do well with some of the powersets. It'll be specifically catered to Gadgets but some of those same principals can be used with other powersets.

• Like x 3
  3. The Game Well-Known Player

Is emp capped at 150 or was that always a myth?
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

150k? It's a myth. Depending on max might values on gear during whatever recent content is out, that'll determine a damage range. Crits and non Crits.
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

uhg Von just recently came back and he's higher than me. hahahaha
    Oh quick question, are you in Happy Sunshine or TRLH? =)
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm in TRLH.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Good video. Probably the first one I've seen that actually explains how to dps. Not just another BEAST DPS LOADOUT. Good stuff. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Real2TM Well-Known Player

Anyone have some tips for troll in pvp? Currently using 1h weapon and have both mastery from 1h to DW and both 1h to HB so I can melee or range when I need to.Mixed 97/98 pvp gear with 254sp. L.O. is SB, GG, CFoam, Defib, 35% Drone, Distract.... I usually cast SB at the beginning and ill try to get a wm or weapon combo in before I use gg.... cf used on healers mainly or I will use GG-CF in some fights where enemy are bunched up for PI's. I have been thinking of using Napalm and stasis field (figure if they get encased they break out and lose power). What are some ways you use gadgets in pvp troll stance?

I have a pvp gadget dps l.o. that is working great for me when I just random queue but I would like to mainly troll in pvp for teams in 2's and higher.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Pvp has changed. I would only run as a troll in a set group of 4 or 5. Power super charge you don't want the drone, grab word of power. Gives great power and does very good damage in pvp. You only need a healing debuff, but it doesn't work like it did. Put the healing debuff on the person being focus fired. Debuffing a healer in pvp is a waste of power. Carry you 35% move, it hits just as hard in troll role. For your other powers, doesn't really matter. Pets help split damage if everyone is grouped together. As for weapon, MA or Brawling. Brawling would only be for power regen. MA are kind broke, the lunge hits super hard. 1H and DW is also good. Most of the time you will be the block breaker. Most set groups focus the dps to keep his damage low. They will be lunging you for blues. Get good at sitting out of site and block breaking.

Have fun and kick a$$.
  10. Real2TM Well-Known Player

Alright thanks for the help. Made some adjustments and can see some improvements as far as making it easier for me to troll. I haven't done pvp in a while so ty for mentioning the way the healing debuff works.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No prob.
  12. Real2TM Well-Known Player

On second thought what do you recommend for pvp dps? Been using 1h w/ intim, sticky bomb, stasis field, photon blast, decoy, stealth... Spec sp into prec and might plus dam crits.
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

I'd respond since you haven't gotten an answer yet but I haven't PvP'd in months. Maybe a year or more.
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

I added part 2 on trolling 101 with Debuffs, stats, skill points, and R&D in another thread but I'll put it here too.

The last part might be ready tonight or tomorrow morning. It's on control effects which is something that no video on youtube exists. Except for one or two done by my old friends at the DCUO book. If you don't understand how control effects work, it's something you will definitely want to watch.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

The last part.

Control Effects, Breakout Profiles, Immunity, NPC Ranks.
  16. L T Devoted Player

This video is a complete sham. At just under 2 minutes in HE STOPS TO PICK UP A DOWNED PLAYER!! Something no self-respecting scoreboard chaser would ever do.

EDIT: just kidding of course. Nice vid.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

I recorded my first full run of the new raid on release. For gadget players who are concerned about melee, or even mid range, use on the bosses (you can melee all the adds) I added in text tips. Some describe major attacks and what to watch for. For details on the damage you can read the info in the description box. It's not a difficult raid, but it is beneficial to have a efficient healer with fast reaction times.

18. TheDark Devoted Player

I started my 102 vids. Here's learning how to Double Tick tips. I also included Triple Ticking with a partner. As well as my own tricks on triple ticking solo and the Quadruple Tick.

19. TheDark Devoted Player

Here's part one of a video talking about the 3 types of vit buff trinkets. the second half will show how you can apply them in content.

Major edit! I did not include another ability with the Central City Trinket. What you can do is activate the Central City Trinket and tap melee on PC or square on PS. If you miss the first time, cast the CC trinket again. Then quickly tap melee for PC or square for PS. You can do this a third time. Pop the CC trinket and quickly tap melee or square. What will happen is you will immediately get burst power back to yourself only from the Central City Trinket without having to use the Hold Triangle/Range power regen CC trinket ability.

On the second or third time (depending on how many successfully you pulled off) you'll get stunned and can no longer use that ability until the CC trinket cool down is over.

I am currently testing to see if the power restored is based off CR, % of power pool or Vitalization.

When executing this bonus, you need to make a decision as to whether you want a 40 to 60+ second vit buff on the team or rather choose to restore immediate power to yourself. You could also spread out this burst power restore so you benefit from both its power heal and Vit buff. I'll post a video of it in action when I have time.
  20. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Great vid! Is there any way to clip EMP? It just seems to take so long to me. Again, nice job on the vids!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.