Realistic Suggestions for the 5 Month DownTime

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Abel, Jul 9, 2016.

1. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I just started the game a month ago... I have *plenty* to do in the downtime, be it 3 months, 6 months, 8 months or, lord forbid, a year.

I've barely scratched the surface of the feats. I still have a lot of alerts and raids to run for the first time (been putting them off because I hate rushing through content, and alerts and raids always seem overly rushed). I have tons of skillpoints to gain and CR levels to work on. And that's just on my main. My two alts are hardly started.

And I haven't sampled all the powers yet to see what they are like. I haven't tried all the weapons. I have tried all the movement modes, and prefer acrobatic for running around the city... but it's tough to use in alerts and raids (another reason I dislike the group stuff). Indeed, I can honestly say this game can keep me going for many many months to come without *any* new content.

That said, I feel sorry for folks who have been playing the game since the start and feel like they have nothing left to do. I hope they'll stick around.
  2. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

The most logical thing would be to play n alt but I know some people that don't like doing it. I personally don't and I dislike sm. Idk about the 5 month wait cuz I'll just tale a break after this next episode which I'm guessing a lot of players will do. I'll come bak in october with the halloween seasonal by then maybe just maybe electric and nature will be able to dps even though I don't play them. Who knows maybe they'll figure out the interrutions issue with rage and light. One thing that for sure is some people r subbed without knowing this was going to happen so it might not be a huge drop off but I can tel you all the people that sub monthly money is going to drop off significantly.

Only way I see them able to keep people subbed is if there was somekind extra chances with op drops if u stay subbed once a month for each 5 months or they just make op feet and it's here you go thanx for staying subbed through this difficult process.

Other then that add a few pvp maps and put feats to them. < this would be the most logical.

Fos
    Add oan deathmatch wih feats
    Prime - but the adds are involved somehow or the avatars. Shouldn't be that hard.
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

WTF did I miss over the past week? I was about to start playing again full time and see theres gonna be a 5 month break before we get anything? What a dumb idea. 3 months was 2 months too long for people before, what the hell do they think is going to happen with a 5 month break?
    • Like x 2
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I saw that, but I guess I didn't read it. Hope everyone who wanted 3 month DLCs is happy, because this game will be on life support during that time period. It'll probably perk up when it delivers, but then people will remember how meaningless duos and solos are and how quickly content gets old when you only run 2-3 things every 3 months anyway.

Bi monthly DLCs were always the way to go.
    • Like x 1
  6. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

The devs are going to have to do much better than that if they want my sub over the next 5 months. More of what we're already used to? Come on.....
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

This is why the other i told that after the next Episode there was gonna be a ghost town. I thought you knew about this.
    • Like x 1
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I didn't think it was 5 months. That's nuts. spread out the episodes better and make sure you have an SM and an event or 2 ready before you decide to stop making content for almost half a year. Don't do it when you're 2 weeks away from releasing another one, while you're in a SM period and event period. Whoever planned that needs to work on their time management skills
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Surely you can do a quick hotfix for Nature and Electricity before the weapons pass right Mepps ?
    • Like x 1
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

11. No Crying Committed Player

I don't think there will be as many active as usual but I highly doubt the game will be a ghost town as many have suggested. There is a lot of things to do in between that time. As I have said I will be working on feats during that time and getting around to working on alts. This break should be good for many as you don't have to worry about your CR you can save money not trying to replay over and over and I think it will get people accustom to patients instead of trying to replay their way to the top.

I'm hoping that make the progression slower and it takes a little more time to get the gear instead of people just being able to spam replays. Maybe put a cool down on replays where they can still use them just not spam them
  12. iClip Committed Player

It's not realistic. I think you failed to think this all the way through so let me try and break this down. All of these requests would require the devs to do more work and piling more stuff on there already overflowing platter of $hit to do. They're already taking at least a 6 month break from regular content to get things done, doing these would increase the wait time, money lost, and decrease the productivity.

Would I like to see more LPvE maps? Kinda, I'd like more feats, but it would increase the grind and we have enough of that, so I'm leaning towards no on that. I wouldn't hate it, but I would like to see better stuff than just that. I would like to see more Survival Modes, but again there is more important stuff that needs to be done.
    And the level cap.....Get real.
    I would rather them fix the game and bring us things that were promised rather than just introduce things that will 1) break the game even more and 2) more work to patch later resulting in more potential downtime.
    So again all of these suggestions are not realistic or reasonable. They will introduce more bugs to a already bug-riddled game and more downtime to a game where we have too much downtime to begin with.
  13. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

Yeah right!
    All players are reasonable/dumb enough to play with slim to none new content for ~8 months with still the same bad mechanics and game errors for the same amount of subscription money ...
    WHILE
    The Devs and their managers "fix" the game, so that the costumer don't have to spent/spam so much money on replays and tokens now and in the future ... :rolleyes:

[IMG]
  14. Korlick Loyal Player

That for sure wasnt me lol
  15. rebelscum Level 30

New SM ideas
    Batman theme
    Style: BvS armor
    Pets: bats, penguinbot, black cat, clowns

Wonder Woman theme
    Style: from movie
    Pets: hydra, Cerberus, Amazon soldier
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Various weekends with increased rare item drops.

Experience bar is relatively neglectable in this game as reason for a double experience weekend. Which could mean this weekend of double experience for a bonus happens more frequently. Newbs get a higher rank, and more abilities before reaching rank 30 missions = easier game. imho, too easy as is but i've used it a lot. skewed perspective. whoops, more dps role universe as an outcome? more users that can't do a support role for group content? the pug user states, has no support role gear, no armory. hmmmm, pugged to find the bonus person found achievement. *ding* how many skill points for that?