So GU61 will have 4th Color Update...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChillCat, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Well that is a major bummer. Seems almost like the 4th Color Option is a waste of time if we don't have a 4th Color Tab to put it in :\.
    • Like x 6
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

So I am guessing it will hit test tomorrow or early next week.
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

It's still useful having another colour to choose from. Some styles people want to create can't be done because they are limited to three colours.
    • Like x 7
  4. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Finally!
    A true paradigm shift for character design! :D
    • Like x 2
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It might be "useful" but it is definitely not what I nor others I know were thinking it was going to be which was giving us the option to modify our styles with a fourth color tab. I mean, maybe they made it clear when they announced it that we would not be getting a fourth color tab but I don't remember that.

It is what it is I guess. But it feels unfinished without a fourth color tab.
    • Like x 5
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

They made this very clear when they first announced it.
    • Like x 7
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

This is exactly what I was expecting when they announced it. I was not expecting them to add a 4th channel to our gear. I, personally, would find this implementation pretty useful.
    • Like x 6
  8. JohnDC New Player

finally I can get my robin, WW and others proper colors. thx devs. :D
    • Like x 4
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Water could be both DoT and 1234. Atomic was both. Or Water could be Pet and DoT.
    • Like x 1
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

Water could be literally anything at this point. +1 more post for me.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Dang I wish I had heard when they said that in the video because right now I have the feeling that they half-arsed it :(. Had I heard from the get go that it was just going to be a fourth color option and nothing more I wouldn't feel so let down right now.

I mean when we use to always ask for a fourth color option I'm fairly certain it was understood we wanted a tab with it as well. The response everyone use to throw out there was, "Oh, that's too much work." and "Oh, the game can't handle that.". Well it would seem from the outside looking in that throwing and extra circle on the color palette screen isn't that much work and can't be that big of a strain on the game. BUT I admit I know zero about programming so I have no clue how much work was involved in putting that option in the game or how much of a strain it has on the game.

Once gain though...from the outside looking in I am sitting here going, "Really? It took them 5 years to implement that?"
    • Like x 4
  12. Jak-Man Committed Player

Dudes kept saying that they've wanted a 4th color palette for the longest time. I don't think anyone realized that they actually wanted a 4th color slot.... Like, what use is a 4th palette if you don't have a 4th slot to put it in? But then I just realized that you actually don't need a 4th slot.

Example: Let's say you're wearing the Gotham Outlaw jacket. The colors you pick are red, white, and black. Now you pick what legs you wanna wear: jeans. The color jeans you want are blue. So, now you have blue jeans. And now you look casual and bada$$ asf.

And that's how the 4th color palette works.
    • Like x 9
  13. JohnDC New Player

"Brother Allen" .

you don't seem to understand there is only three color zones on every piece of gear.

you cant have a fourth color slot on a gear piece without redesigning every piece of gear in the game.

but you can use the fourth color on the gear like this.

Head / red, blue, yellow.
    chest / red, blue , green.

In other words you want to make a WW toon, so you can now color her with the fourth color like she wears.

red, white, blue, gold.

This is a welcomed improvement.
    • Like x 8
  14. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

I think you and a few others might be misunderstanding this a little.

Your characters will now have 4 colours total, but only 3 of those per style piece.
    • Like x 4
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No...I understand, I just thought they were actually taking the time to implement such a feature. I took this change as a very long time coming and that they've been working on it behind the scenes off and on for a very long time.
    • Like x 1
  16. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

When is style unlocking?
    • Like x 4
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

As I stated above. I understand, just don't agree with it is all.
    • Like x 2
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I've been wating so Long for this! :D So many styles so much to do! :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I think they should revisit specific past styles. I know a lot of them could really use another color option
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

• Like x 4