Nerf the new DWF raid?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bjr338, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so your sitting there telling me dropped gear isnt a form of progression?

thats BS if I ever heard and I heard alot in this thread alone.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Here ya go. This is less then 20 seconds. But im not in the vid. And i have 100% killed her in about half this amount of time
  3. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

It's not bs...you coming on here crying...is bs...vender gear is our progression. Dropped purple gear is a reward. Progression system is based on you purchasing the gear from the vender. Beating content for a chance of a better gear is not progression. It's a reward.
  4. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Since this raid has been out a week lets now talk about the real problem. Forming a group of 2,2,2,2 is darn near impossible and most of us want to run stuff 1,1,1,5 and occasionally 1,1,2,4.

#PUGgroupsMatter
    • Like x 3
  5. LT Schmitt Committed Player

If you truly believe that than both should be the same cr but different styles.
  6. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

Then why be rewarded with same value. If that's the case. This game would be boring. So you want it like obama runs the bathrooms..
  7. Senko Committed Player

@xoHLxDPSox
    I'm not a fan of raids either and its going to make anyone trying to get through T7 later without a league suffer horribly even now at just a few CR out of its relevancy its rare to see BD or UM raids, give enough time for BN, PB and BBS to join them and I doubt anyone not in a league will ever pass it.

@HarleyBiker142
    I'd be more inclined to believe that if it didn't take about 10 to 20 times as long to get lower CR and the adds weren't HIGHER CR than full drop + crafting gear. Someone can get 3 150 purples in 1 run, full gear in 2 to get vendor gear you need somwhere in the region of 200 marks to buy all 4 pieces, 220 if your buying synthetic marks that's 20 odd raid runs and if you buy gear you'll steadily reduce the arids you can run as you move out of their CR relevancy the chest alone cost me BD as a raid, throw in a cap of 100 and you can at best buy two pieces at once after running 10 raids. Meanwhile as I said the ADDS are higher than max CR not vendor, but max. If as Dev's keep claiming vendor gear is meant to be the progression rate then we should be able to equal/exceed a months CR with full vendor gear.

Then on top of this mess we have a brand new tier, brand new content and the vast majority of green common drops in duo and raid are not only obsolete by the end of the month but obsolete BEFORE you even start it. They are literally nothing but filler drops to pad out the loot table and prevent us getting something we can actually use the weapons/trinkets/necklaces and even the gloves are actually going to hurt you if you had the gear from the preceeding content something I've not seen in any other MMO. New tier/expansion/etc the lowest drops are equal/better than the drops from previous content.
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Perhaps the best post I have seen all day for this thread.
    • Like x 1
  9. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Got a fix for that, make ALL the gear for a new 3month cycle the same CR. That way when you get a green drop it is an improvement.
    • Like x 1
  10. Senko Committed Player

I actually advocated this from the start I honestly don't know why they feel the need to increase CR each piece of content we'll be increasing in CR anyway as we collect a full set of 150 gear and it'll make it a lot easier to keep the content actually relevant for those who don't want to overpower stuff as you'd only go up a few CR from day 1 (4 pieces of 150) to day 90ish depending on the months (full set of 150 gear). It'd eliminate this ridiculous CR inflation, keep those like me who like to feel powerful or beat older content that is too hard for us happy as we will eventually get that CR difference in a few episodes. There's plenty of benefits to keeping all gear in a same set of EP's the same IL's and I honestly don't see an advantage to this +4 CR model per release.
    • Like x 1
  11. LT Schmitt Committed Player

The current model makes me feel like I got to race to have the vendor gear from day one. I miss the feeling I got when corrupted zamaron came out and all of the green gear was better than what I had.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Dmg output too low on nature bro
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Actually it would be better - same item level on vendor gear, raise the cap on marks, increase the cost of vendor gear.

2 paths to progression, beat raids and getting lucky or just cold hard effort, take your pick both are worthy,

saying either isn't is probably the epitome of elitism and I don't like to bandy that word around casually.

to be fair there's a few people in this thread that could probably do with stopping with the "just get better" nonsense it's honestly quite sickening.

This is supposed to be a constructive conversation, not a place for you to troll people.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheCursedOne Well-Known Player

I agree with this 100%!!!!

There will always be some raids that people just do not like or just can not beat. I don't think the elite should be in the vendor. I'm even fine with every pieces costing 100 marks, all that means is more time spent in game getting marks.

What is so bad with having the vendor gear matching the same lvl as drop gear?
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

With some thought I'm sure there can be a way developed to ensure people don't stockpile marks and buy upon each new set too.

maybe that's a flaw in the single mark system and a better idea might be to revert back to a multi mark system.
    • Like x 1
  16. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

lol you shouldn't feel bad for using colas, the way i see it, i bought the damn things i'll drink as many as i like.
    • Like x 1
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Challenge accepted, I'll post it up tomorrow.
  18. Controller Devoted Player

My thoughts on DWF so far -

"Just" got an invite into a FRIENDLY and PATIENT group where I knew one of the healers, who is among the better ones in game. Rest of his group was very good as well.

Communication was KEY, as well.....don't necessarily need a mic but as long as you can hear and follow directions you should be ok.

Had 2 tanks, 2 healers, 3 dps and myself solo'ing. Another DPS in group could Troll as well which helped.

Got Steppenwolf and Mantis first boss, whittled Mantis first then Step. Extremely SMALL space to work in but we managed to avoid AOEs do pickups and get it done. I'd suggest ROLLING as soon as you find yourself in an orange AOE OR a personal shield seems to help. Once Step releases his hammer BLOCKING seems effective.

Make sure you have a HEAL debuff for Mantis and when you see his health going up use it on him.

Got Mad Harriet and Lashina 2nd boss and burned Harriet first then Lash. Lash DOES follow EXACT same mechanics as HH, in case anyone wondered so watch out. Harriet isn't too bad but she jumps around a LOT even on the good tanks.

Got to last boss Darkseid and learned some mechanics there. If you get an ORANGE arrow point down over your head you got to SUPERMAN I believe.

Last boss alternates between burning Granny when she appears, burning Darkseid and leaving adds up. Not sure why we leave adds (ANYONE else chime in here and give a reason feel free).

It seems as if once you get past FIRST boss (whichever the combo is) you get a LARGER area to work in, which I think is the most important thing. Last boss didn't seem TOO bad - but again there are a good amount of mechanics to pay attention to.

I'll be smarter going in next time. Raid takes a while to learn. Was fortunate enough to get 150 legs from it.

While I don't agree with nerfing I "DO" agree with the posters here who have stated that this raid should've been placed at end of cycle. We've basically went from Brainiac's Bottled Ship and PZE (In difficulty) to DWF and the duo.

Those two instances - while challenging - offers no where near the same challenge as DWF.

That is not right.

Raid "CAN" be solo Trolled (as I just learned) but you need a solid and competent group. Ideally a 2-2-2-2 setup is preferred and I believe Mepps / Devs were aiming for that. I'd even be willing to jump on my Combat Troller as long as I can have 2....but AGAIN it "CAN" be solo Trolled.

Anyone else here feel free to make additions/suggestions to my post if I left anything out. This thread SHOULD be a "Pointers and Hints" thread.

Don't hoard information it makes you look selfish.
    • Like x 1
  19. LT Schmitt Committed Player

DPS not healer
  20. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Why does this matter? Every nature DPS has the option to run as healer.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.