Sorry devs but these words will try to describe how horrible quantum is!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, May 22, 2016.

1. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Notice a trend? Quantum, Elec, Nature. With the template content design we get these days, any powerset that takes more than two seconds to put out maximum dps will fall behind. The devs can either change content design, or they can give these powersets shortcuts too to make them play like all the other powers. Or they can continue to pretend that only boss fights matter, give all three of those powersets a slight buff and call it a day...
    • Like x 5
  2. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Quantum had its moments during throne of the dead, glitchy times though apparently.
  3. iron Well-Known Player

Every power has is moment
    Elec 3 years ago
    Light 1.5 years ago
    Quantum 1 year ago
    etc etc

And Hopefully now there isn't only 1 OP power
    • Like x 1
  4. Pults Loyal Player

It has roughly the same damage potential that fire has now. I've ran duos, alerts and raids. They both seem similar.
    Still no where near ice, mental and gadgets leaves them in the dust and munitions fire power is unmatchable.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

That in there lies the problem.

The shortcuts that mental and gadgets have will always leave quantum in the dust, even on a boss.

You can effectively pull off 2 maximum critical attacks (as many times as grandeur is refreshed) in roughly the same time as one quantum time bomb sequence, make quantum fall even further behind the longer a fight carries on.

This is why even in boss fights it is not equal, that and the fact timebomb appears to be capped in terms of maximum hit potential.
    • Like x 2
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Even if all powersets did the exact same damage over time in long fights, those without shortcut/preloaded bursts would be left behind because we spend the majority of the time in short trash mob fights with no mechanics.
    I remember a time when raids weren't just boss - trash - boss - trash - boss. In the Batcave and FoS raids there were longer battles between bosses that had actual mechanics and weren't just 4 second trash (think Wing Armor/Shield Armor etc).

As long as the only kind of content is this garbage tank&spank template of the past two years, powers can only be balanced if they all have shortcut bursts. At that point they could just rebrand power respec tokens as "color respec tokens". Come to think of it, they could already do that for lots of powers anyway.
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Bascially from February 2015 to May 2015 when other powers started to be adjusted, almost all DPS who only play DPS switched to Quantum.

When GU47 hit, Quantum TB was hitting for 300K+ without SC or buff, etc..Yeah, like Quantum needs this right...

Let it sit in the hole for a bit.

I took my wife 161 Quantum toon through the new Harley duo and was qued up with a 162 Ice DPS. I kept up due to the fact that TB was hitting almost for max damage. Now a 167 Quantum vs. 167 Ice, I bet the Ice will destroy the quantum player due to the TB cap.

Quantum power is great when you are well below the enemies CR due to how TB works. However, as you reach or surpass the enemy CR Quantum is broken and needs adjustment.

But if you are Nature or Electric you are like, HELL NO to quantum DPS being adjust. They should go after Nature and Electric. Sorry but that is how it should be as my nature DPS does one thing well right now and that is collect dust.
    • Like x 3
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So it's Quantum's turn to get the "it's so bad, fix it now!" treatment, huh? Cool, I was kinda wondering which power set would get that attention next.

And I do beg the pardon of those who think I'm taking the whole thing lightly. After seeing the same kinds of threads about Light, Electricity, Earth and so on when I've done/am doing just fine with those powers (Quantum included) it can get a little tough to take the threads too seriously.
  9. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Been away from the game because I finally want to call it quits, too tired of all the "fast ones" the Devs keep pulling, while claiming to listen to the community (the latest one was making the new material feature only earned in a game of chance). Over the last 4 years that I've played, it feels like they look at what we want, and then they... kinda give it to us, but never in the way we ask for or feel is needed.

Anyway, part of that process of leaving the game was staying away from the forums. I decided to take a look today, to see what's up, and here it is, another Quantum thread. I estimate there was at least a new thread per week in the last months, addressing the several issues, such as slowness, damage cap, limitation in power choice, viability. I've been pretty vocal in the last months about it as well, tried to show proof (aka, sparring target parsers), even PM'ed a Dev about it showing how low Time Bomb was hitting, especially when your CR is higher.

None of those weekly threads, my own or those of other players, had a green name replying to them. That Dev I PM'ed never replied. The problem is not acknowledge, no matter what proof you show, which leads me to believe it's working as intended, whatever that means.

Also, for the dimwits trying to derail the thread, kindly show proof that all is fine and dandy, please. And no one is saying this should take priority over anything. But fact is all these threads are being treated as if they don't exist. "Let it sink in", if you have a thread started by different players every week, something is wrong, no matter how much you try to deny it.

Phew, glad I made it in before A and JtD come in here saying Quantum is perfect and on par with others!
    • Like x 4
  10. Cyro Committed Player

Every power has had a rework before e&n the issue i take offensive is people asking devs for their power to get another turn in the spot light thus prolonging the time for when the powers that need it can get it. I'm not arguing that quantum doesn't need fixing, it does just like fire, what im saying is wait till elec and nature get their work done than complain as much as you want - hell i'd probably join in.

Don't prolong our surviving by getting the devs to take another look at powers that already got a balance pass.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, I'll bite. Right off the bat I'll admit my method is far from scientific and pretty much my observations, so take it as you will.

Right now I've got nine active characters, with eight of them all able to run the same batch of content (all around CR 106 or a little above that). I take each one in turn in gearing them up: run the content I'm eligible to run, earn the Marks I need for their next gear piece and/or Rare Style project, then move on to the next character in the rotation. I also run primarily solo content, so stat-wise I'm under-playing my characters (still haven't broken 100 skill points on any character). That also means I'm going it alone with no one else to help me out.

Of the eight that are around the CR 106 range, their powers are Ice, Gadgets, Munitions, Electricity, Light, Earth, Quantum and Rage. Some use AM rotations (usually partial ones), others utilize WM with powers and some will use a combination of the two (Munitions character will use a WM attack to start the Burning interaction and then trigger the AM). What they use depends on my mood and/or the situation.

When everything is said and done, if there's no significant difference in completion time among the characters and my Soder use is minimal (especially if they start collecting in my inventory) AND the NPCs are dropping before I do, then I'm going to be inclined to think that things are okay. Plus when I do run seasonal instances where stats and CR are clamped and I'm not running off-damage (like to practice off-damage roles there lol), I'm right up there on the scoreboard.

These were my experiences when there were complaints about Light and Earth, and they're the same experiences I have with my Quantum character (just finished his rotation recently, so it's still fresh in my memory).

I'm sure someone could dig through the combat logs and parsers and whatnot and pick it all apart, but I go with actually running the content and seeing what happens. If there's no significant difference in the runs and the end results are the same, I'm not going to be inclined to see problems. And I'm not seeing significant differences in the runs across my characters.
  12. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Common sense on these forums? ;)
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

I find it funny as heck when people come in saying there isn't a problem with Q and they say they use the power.

I've been Q since it was nerfed for being OP after it came out, didn't see what it would do while OP.

While I can actually make it "usable" it does not do the damage they say it "shines" in Boss fights with.

Time Bomb takes 5 seconds( last I know of) to go boom while others are significantly less.
    Time Bomb has a cap and will not do any more damage than the cap. What other power has a cap?

Either raise the cap so Q does the same amount of damage in 10 seconds like the rest or adjust it to be quicker.

And for those coming in with complaints about the thread being about Quantum and not Electric or Nature, You should create your own thread instead of trying to derail someone else's.

The OP even said that electric and nature should be looked at 1st before re-visiting Quantum but those crying must have skipped reading that( or ignored it).
    • Like x 3
  14. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Not sure if serious...
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Absolutely. It's how I've always done my own testing: run the content I'm most familiar with and see if it plays any differently after any changes. If I'm comparing power sets, run them through the same content and look for the differences.

I admitted up front that it wasn't scientific. :D Number crunching has its place and can be useful, but I get the best feel for things like changes and comparisons by actually using the powers and seeing what happens.
  16. Solarverse Committed Player

I love this player right here. Gimpy for President!
    • Like x 2
  17. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

I still dont see how this beats when Fire got left behind after GU 39.... 1.5 years of Nothing... you'll get your buff soon.
  18. JohnDC New Player

Lately I've been changing my electric toons to quantum, then they nurffed Quantum.

I know the mass damage Quantum was doing was a bug, but now it barely hits hard at all compared to other powers.

It almost seems like quantum is weaker now after the last update.

I really wish they would get these powers done right, tired of waiting for electric and nature to stop being Dot.

Dot just doesn't cut it anymore. I hate being kicked because of my powerset. :mad:

So I don't even play my electric toons anymore until the powerset is fixed. :oops:

And rage needs better range attacks with AM, that's another I've walked away from.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

The problem is the slowness of the time bomb like everyone else has said... And the fact that there are front loaded powers out there..either the front loaded powers need to be back end damage powers to match all the others or the back ended powers need to become front loaded.. Personally every power should have a build up before the kaboom....

Powers like earth and sorcery should have a little more then just the pet to get them by and not make it be weapon damage

Earth it's easy reduce the amount of damage crystal does and integrate its aftershocks in the the pet mechanic.. Have crystal do quite a bit of damage over time and have upheaval and jack hammer do its main heavy hitting damage.. When you get to the third after shock of either jackhammer or upheaval that's when the big hit happens... The increased damage in the after shocks happen each time you hit fortified and where you have to begin your aftershock immediately after once the last combo hits you hit fortified again

Sorcery do something similar but no combo after shocks just use existing powers that are ignored now and put those in its place

Ice should be changed to incorporate resonating Gale... The channel powers make them last a little longer have the ticks adjusted accordingly have a timer bar while the channel is going and at the end of the timer hit resonating Gale to get your big hit...

That stops those powers from being front loaded...

Not sure what the short cut to mental and gadgets did but if it sped up the big boom faster then other powers get it then something need to be looked at...

This would help powers like quantum instead of having to change how it works now which I actually kinda like how it works personally... Adjust other powers to be in line with it...

Dot powers are next though so who knows what's up hopefully the ones that are hitting crazy hard in the beginning causing an add wave melt before others get a chance to even get their hits in get adjusted....
  20. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

From about Feb of last year clear through the summer, quantum players never shut up about their awesome crits.

When throne came out only quantum DPS were allowed in pug groups.

The worm has turned .

In the words of WWE's Sean Michaels and Triple H, ---- it.