Message to all healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Deranya Dedicated Player

Oh damn! After sooo many years I finally know what it means to be a healer :eek: thank you so much o_O
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I'm beginning to think that what Fatal Star meant to say is "Heal yourself when you are the only one taking damage even if nobody else on your team needs a heal at that moment".
  3. minuteofdecay Committed Player

You are right, in the early days heals always pulled more aggro, but that was when there was more balance between the roles. DPS have gain so much more dps potential then healers healing potential. Example (numbers made up) t1 dps crit 2k , heal healing four ppl for 1k.t7 dps CRITS 80k, t7 healer healing for 4k on 4 ppl.

Edit ppl forget that the first person that attacks is always top of hate and even when they are overtaken on the hate table, the NPC will alway finish their attacks (think like a weapon combo or an AM rotation )on the 1st person.
  4. Dack Man Level 30

Now that would make sense to me. Hopefully that was his point.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Congratulations. You're the first person to understand it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

I thought that was so obvious I overlooked this possibility, but when everyone started making jokes as if you were saying something stupid I suspected this flew by their heads.
  7. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I wouldn't recommend telling new healers to heal themselves. The may focus too much on themselves if they were given that advice. Odds are they'll do it naturally given enough experience with areas of Healing.
  8. megamanzero Loyal Player

kinda felt that was obvious but still i can't stand when people tell others how to play with their smug attitudes.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

They changed BBS again, ( sorry havent ran it since the first week.)
  10. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Yes, spikes don't hit for as much. Still will 1 shot you if you're unshielded and not blocking. I have no issues however.
    • Like x 2
  11. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

After the tank, in most cases its the healer targeted next.
    Been that way for a looong time.
    Also, aside from the 'meant for tank' mechanics, I.E extra mechanics like the laser in pze, that floating black ball in bn, those 'maniac dregs' in ngn, stompa, (list goes on) they usually target healers either immediately after or instead of the tank. It's by design, you can spare a dps or two, but a heal? A solo one no less, its intended that they're 2nd in line for adds, mechanics, and 'hate'. Makes content harder.

Im sure there are cases where a dps or two might go first, could be proximity, an aoe, or maybe they landed a big hit at the wrong time and trumped the healers 'hate' but, they're the exceptions to the rule.

I'll throw this in for the thread, A LOT of mechanics/adds stun before they 1 shot, not exactly fool proof or as simple as 'just heal yourself through it'. And if you don't happen to have a shied available right then or cant breakout/roll out fast enough for the damage incoming than, Kiss your *** goodbye. Thats something Every healer worth his/her salt knows.
  12. Azreaus Committed Player

I suppose I should have added that the current AM level of damage hate generated would completely swamp any Healing hate generated as I think it's still based of the pre-AM formulas (which I canna remember), but I thought that was toooooooooo obvious to have to mention - guess I was wrong :confused:
  13. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Nope the replies u got in here showed that.
  14. JKwak Well-Known Player

thats only cause i play my healer like a tank,
    also i play my dps like a tank and my controller like a tank.
    i even play my tank like a tank
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

We also had a theory that full might DPS rank higher than precision or compound powers. It seemed to happen in SM: Trigon that the adds would target the Ice DPS vs the two Sorc DPS.
    • Like x 1
  16. Azreaus Committed Player

I really need to stop over estimating the amount of knowledge/common sense that the other forumites have....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I think everyone can be guilty of not looking at their own bar from time to time, whether it be for health, or power.
    The UI that was shelved was going to allow you to place your own health frame with the group's health frames.

As far as heals healing yourself, too, it's a double-edge. Precisely because I'm healing myself all the time, It makes me even less likely to check my own health. But, there's still always controller vibration, situational awareness, and (hopefully never) a red-edged screen to tell me if I'm getting hurt.

I die a lot and have even been kicked from BN. Ground/floor AoEs just don't always show (issue DC-1140). It's a problem, particularly on PS3. Heals aren't mobile; heal and jump just isn't fast enough. I've taken to hugging someone I know has good situational awareness (problem being that their situational awareness tells them to spread away from me :D). I've also started putting "Damage In" into my custom "Team" chat tab for that fight so I can keep an eye on what I'm getting hit by. Honestly, though, the problem is "moar burn" groups doing away with a second healer in favor of more damagers to take up the slack of weak damagers. If two healers are keeping each other alive they can easily move without having to stop and heal.

As far as the argument over the order of the hate table, it's unclear how Healers and Controllers get placed. It would be nice if they could step in and clarify that for us.
  18. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

Real talk, this was my first mmo so I didn't know about roles

So when I made my character of course I made a healer so I could heal myself this be immortal.
  19. IceRaider Dedicated Player

You're obviously new healers are the second highest threat in any fight because they keep everyone alive.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You obviously skipped the entire thread