PS4 "NEO"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lu Ex, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Lu Ex Level 30

With the rumors of the the playstion 4 having a spec skew this fall, I was curious what the community and devs thinks about this for DCUO and it's future.

My questions are:

1- Will the devs utilize the power increased in the new PS4 Neo?
    2- Will the community be buying one?
    3- How does it make you feel if you are a one of the at launch PS4 buyers?
    4- What does it mean for the Playstation 3 and DCUO coming to the Xbox One console?
    5- Will this allow VR mode for DC Universe whether it be in theater mode or 3rd person camera mode?

Those are the thoughts I been thinking about. I'm also excited and will probably be buying one, as im looking forward to what this means to DCUO and other games performance.

I did buy my ps4 at launch as I feel a little saddened by the news of a new console, 3 in the cycle at first but I was in the mark for a second ps4 so this actually. So this doesn't bother me too much. I kno that not everyone can offered one and its a bummer the thought of having to buy another one.

So let me know what everyone thinks
  2. YinChakra Dedicated Player

No
    • Like x 1
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Nope. They would be better off making a sequel to take advantage of the improved specs.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Is it really that big of an improvement though? I haven't read up much on it but last I heard the biggest change is it'll support 4k, and there's practically nothing in 4k yet.
    • Like x 2
  5. Lu Ex Level 30

Well it more than 4k actually, with better hardware comes better stablility, better performance if the developers decide to utilize it, think of it more like the PS3 to PS4 in terms of UI approvement and better performance.

Having an option is not a bad thing I think.
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I don't have a 4k tv or monitor. I will not get Sony VR. DCUO can't be graphically advanced by more processing power from a NEO (textures are what they are, and the engine code is what it is. There is no ultra graphic setting. /shakefist@PS3). There are no games on any console I'm interested in.

If I were suffering from a drastic head injury, i'd get one. That way I'd support the international console companies that want profit from their proprietary hardware that have taken a dump on early adopters. :oops:
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Just bought a PS4 last June.:eek:

No intention to upgrade to 4K anytime soon. :oops:
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Doesnt really apply to DCUO at all. DCUO is not on the list of VR games, even though any PS4 game can be viewed through VR.

Devs cannot utilize the power of Neo due to like many articles have stated, they have to accomodate their games for the original PS4.

Look at the PS4 VR game list and it will tell you all the games that support PSVR, and DCUO is not on that list. There was talk on ESO forums about them soon to support PSVR and FFXIV has been a PSVR title since PSVR was announced.

The Neo is pretty much to accomodate a better VR experience and playing some games in 4k. If you have a 4k tv or monitor. However census predicts that the price of the average 4k tv will drop come november.

As for now its best to assume that PS4.5( aka Neo) will have no impact on DCUO whatsoever.
    • Like x 5
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

2. I will be picking one up, only because my current PS4 has plenty of problems and I've been waiting for a newer model to buy.
  11. Lu Ex Level 30

I disagree only becuz it not on the list doesn't mean it's never going to happen, the ps3 and ps4 run DCUO with ps4 running and looking better, so safe to assume the the ps4 NEO with run the same game smoother and better(if devs utilize it)

Plus everyone need to realize that it's just an added on option, you will still be playing DCUO the same way we always have, it's just like PC having low end and high end.

I kno no wants the console market to be like PC market with its upgrade cycle but it's coming why not Day Break be ahead and use the new hardware to improve the game

I wrote this post to let the dev kno I want more options and different ways to play DCUO

I don't want the devs to not use everything they can to make the game better just becuz, it's will be the same game just smoother on the NEO like ps4 is to ps3
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

I'm rather pissed off, and think it is a terrible decision on Sony's part.

Why should this bother an at launch buyer's? It should piss off people like me more as I just bought a PS4 a few months ago.

F Sony!
  13. Lu Ex Level 30

To play both sides here

Well a launch buyer was excepting the cosole to last the 7ish years(which it will) and for the recent buyer yea I feel yea it sucks alot

But in most states you do have 2weeks or 30 days to return it depending on the state your in(speaking of US of course) and if it's pastthat sell the console via eBay/Craigslist/asking friend and family if they are interested in one

You don't need the PS4 neo, so it shouldnt effect current ps4 buyers, you're ps4 original is still gonna play the same games like they always have but if you want a spec bump you can with the neo
  14. Supergirly Dedicated Player

They should upgrade for PC, before they even look at upgrading for a console. We have had 10 times the power of a console for years now, and they do not utilize it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lu Ex Level 30

I agree PC should be upgraded as well or have more options for getting the best proformances and visuals
  16. Supergeon Well-Known Player

As far as question 4 goes I'm pretty sure anyone still playing on PS3 for DCU are hurting themselves at this point...they should've upgraded way ago and if not by now then they might as well call it a day because no one's holding their hands anymore.
  17. AmpX New Player

1. No

2. I will. I'd imagine most that have a standard ps4 won't. Ppl that are going to upgrade that haven't yet will.

3. Doesn't bother me. (A third ps4 for my gaming room) Others may feel slighted. Though unreasonably, in my opinion. $12 a month for entertainment is pretty cheap. Less if they keep it longer.

4. nothing

5. No
  18. TroEL Dedicated Player

Nothing will be upgraded past what we've seen so far until the PS3 is out of the picture.
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

With all the other things that can be done to make this game better imo this should be near the bottom of list. Last night i buy an armory. It wont let me imprint and i keep getting an error when i try to. Id like to see that kinda stuff taken care of long before they switch dcuo to 4k.
  20. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I would like to upgrade to the Neo but not sure I will. I have the PS VR preordered, paid for, and I cannot wait to use it. However I am not too happy that in order to get the most out of it I may have to drop another $3-400 bucks on a better system. The reason I got the PSVR was because it was the cheapest route to VR.

Will DCUO make use of the Neo....I doubt that the Dev team will even consider entertaining the thought of it. They have enough issues with the game and things to do/fix then to dump money in visual upgrades and such.