PS4 "NEO"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lu Ex, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Delta796th Loyal Player

Sure they should...
    I mean 10x the lower and 1/10 the players base.

Great idea there...hopefully you are not involved in everyday financial decisions
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I very much believe, that DCUO can support 3D, but certainly not VR. Some PC players tried DCUO in 3D I think :).
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Here are my predictions ...

1- Will the devs utilize the power increased in the new PS4 Neo?
    No different than they do for PS4 vis-a-vis the PS3. Other than what it takes to port one to the other, I'm sure they do their best to avoid maintaining a separate base game for each platform.

2- Will the community be buying one?
    The majority will not. Some that are constant early adopters with disposable income will, some that have been waiting to make the leap until the next version will as well.

3- How does it make you feel if you are a one of the at launch PS4 buyers?
    I'm sure, with every upgrade, everyone feels the same pressure that what they have is getting older.

4- What does it mean for the Playstation 3 and DCUO coming to the Xbox One console?
    Nothing.

5- Will this allow VR mode for DC Universe whether it be in theater mode or 3rd person camera mode?
    No. DCUO did not adopt 3d gaming on the PS3, there's no reason to think that it would adopt these either. Especially since they are platform-dependent functions.
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

5. ErnieB Loyal Player

You need to understand something, just because your system upgrades doesn't mean your games will, look at WoW for example, it's been around for 12 years yet it's graphics are actually quite behind when you consider how far the tech has come in the last couple of years. You can't just upgrade a game whenever new tech comes out because you will never be really done, as it this the game barely gets any support from graphic cards makers, and it's not even optimized to work on any current gen rig, which is why it lags so much on PS4 since it's pulling the weight of the PS3. You can buy a PS Ne if you want, but don't do it because of what it might do to current games, because it wont do anything, do it to what it might do to future games (as in 2017).
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

You are forgetting we're sharing a server now, if you upgrade the PC that means the PS3 will lag to the point of being unplayable, which will affect the PS4 and us aswell. Sad truth is this game can't upgrade beyond what it is right now until it gets rid of the PS3, even devs have said in the past that it's getting harder and harder for them to make content for the PS3 (and keep in mind it probably has at least one more year before Sony shuts down it's servers, since the current PS4 will probably drop to half it's current price).
  7. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I have thought this from day one. They should have made this game for PC, and then downgraded for consoles. It would be a different world, completely. CO and CoX were never made for consoles and they could do soooooo much more. The fact it was made for PS3, I believe, is what keeps it back and will for another year or more.
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I suggest that is unlikely to happen until the PC player base overtakes the PS player base in terms of revenue.

I know it's quibbling over details, but I don't think we are sharing a server.

From the cross play FAQ (emphasis mine):

Q: What is cross play?

A: Cross play will allow all players on PC, PS3, and PS4 to play together as if they were on the same servers. In game, the transition will be essentially seamless. The biggest thing you will notice is more players around.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

Well we are, it's the same server for everyone with only the account restriction and not being able to replay players on PC if you are from PS and vive-versa.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

The issue is that when Sony made the game, they wanted another Everquest but mainly for consoles, the interface, chatbox, controlls, and even the size of the cities are amde to fit a console due to it's limits. And we can see how it's only current console competitor, Final Fantasy 14, looks way better (I wont say it does better because to be honest that does carry an almost 20 years game lore, as where DC has had a lot of issues in keeping up to date with it's fanbase) even tho it's on PS3 as well, but that game took almost 8 years to ever make it there, and even when it did it was the second version since the first one was so bad they decided to remove it, but this guys just went with what they had and well this is the end result, a game with years of unresolved bugs, the graphics quality of a 2012 game, and the fact that since it still uses the same engine it has since 2010 it can barely keep with with current technology (mine can't show loading screens because the game has so many issues on AMD cards).
  11. Omega Boy Committed Player

No, no, don't care, nothing, but for 5, I believe that you will be able play in theater mode. That's the mode that just takes the video output from the PS4 & puts it on the screen of the VR, right?