Supergirl Show [Thoughts & Views]

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magician, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Saw this. I like it, but I'm curious as to how it's going to work. Superman doesn't exist in the CWverse, so my thought is that the flash just gets trapped in another world.
    • Like x 1
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That's what I'm thinking.
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Either Multiverse or Grant plays a older version of the Flash. I find Supergirl timeline is the future, since Superman does not exist in Arrowverse yet.
  4. Pults Loyal Player

Yeah, it seems a bit overpowering.
    Regarding the villains, hated the aunt and hated Livewire, none of them seemed to have a purpose. The aunt seemed more like all the rest "one-episode-take-down" villains.
    Also regarding supergirls character, she seems too earthly, Superman in the movie universe is as alien as can be and he was fully raised on earth. I mean look at Manhunter he's been on earth for over 300 years (was somewhere stated in the show) and is still a very disturbed being.

One thing I would love to see would be Winn accepting his fathers legacy and becoming the toyman, his father in the one episode had great potential but was rather weak.
  5. megamanzero Loyal Player

if you only saw one episode then you cant really say anything. im caught up on both except rhe bizarro episode of supergirl and i can honestly say supergirl is better and i dont even like kryptonians
  6. The Quickster Well-Known Player

Flash and Supergirl crossover, ugh. I thought CBS said they were going to wait at least a season before doing crossovers. Also how will they even handle it? Does Flash go to Earth 3? Will this be a one off thing if that's the case? I just can't see the point to the crossover if its going to be one and done. And they can't possibly try to pull the "Supergirl and Flash exist in the same Earth" excuse because you know, Kryptonians are OP and CBS has 2+ of them
  7. Pr0tojay Committed Player

This show desperately needs a cross over, even though the ratings seem to be staying around a decent number. The reviews suck and that bizarro episode is neck and neck tied with the red tornado episode as one of the worst episodes so far. Hopefully this is just an Earth 2 or 3 that Barry visits.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can't be Earth 2, as that is where Harry and 'Original' Flash came from
  9. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Lol no I didn't see one episode I just saw the last one after not watching what like the last 3 episode before that one. So my opinion of how bad the show really is was formed well before this Bizarro show. And i think they will have to improve it in season two because the writing and a lot of times the acting is poor. There is a reason they gone from 12 million to 6.6 million, there is a reason they gone from Tv's #1 new Fall show to just CBS Supergirl in the same ad.

Also even if I did just saw one episode I can say what ever I want, if the show left a bad impression on me who are you to say what I can and can not feel on a terrible show.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Complete Agrecian: everyone is allowed to have and voice their opinion, even a 'negative' one (as long they are not deliberately rude)

Personally enjoying the show, but readily admit there are things that should be 'fixed': like not-Jimmy, the atrocious harness-work for the flying scenes, Cat going on about "girl power" but believes she 'owns' Supergirl simply because she named her (not really original: already have Superman, so was it really that much of an achievement of replacing 'man' with 'girl'?), her tights
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol, not Jimmy confused me a bit. When I first saw the pilot, I thought her geeky hipster looking guy was going to be Jimmy since he wears a bowtie and all but then when I saw the actor who was Jimmy, I was blindsided. And it wasn't because he was African American, it was because the actor is a tall dark handsome GQ model looking guy which isn't what you expect Jimmy from the comics to look like but I can accept it just as I did the version of Jimmy from the Superman animated series. By the way, was there a version of Jimmy in Man of Steel ? I can't remember lol
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I don't see why the Flash in the crossover can't be the same Earth-1 CW Flash. Reason being, well, that Flash wasn't mentioned in passing (on TV, newspapers, etc.) in Arrow until the Flash tv show was ready for launch/airing. I'm sure the same kind of thing could happen with Supergirl.

Heck even when Constantine was airing there weren't any stories mentions of supernatural events but just out of the blue he shows up on Arrow in the same universe.
  13. megamanzero Loyal Player

you can say that episode is bad but not the show as a whole. your words dont mean anything in that scenario. sorry but supergirl is better than gotham every time.
  14. megamanzero Loyal Player

cbs is earth 2
  15. Ncdoc New Player

Great cast for the lead. She can pull off the nerdy Kara (Kira) but still be a sexy bad chica. Like Callista in her role and 'son of toyman' in his role. Really liked the twist on Hank....only thing I don't really care for is the romantic overtone with JAMES Olson...meh, should have left that guy out of it IMHO...way too macho for lil Jimmy.
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]

Ah the crossover. It was expected. But didn't WB/DC state that their tv shows will be separate from their movie universe?
    So why not have Supergirl, the Flash, and Arrow in the same universe and not a multiverse version everyone is speculating it will be. Heck, the Flash and Arrow always drop easter eggs of other heroes, so why not have them on either show. I shall refer to the newspaper article from the future of the Flash gone missing , that Reverse Flash had with Gideon in season 1....
    "WAYNE TECH AND QUEEN INDUSTRIES MERGER"
    thus allowing Batman, into this universe. (So he can school Arrow and stop ripping off his legend :p)
    Granted we probably won't see any of the big named heroes until AFTER the cinematic universe is over. Then the rights to the use of superman, batman, wonderwoman, the justice league, teen titans, and all other heroes that would appear in the cinematic universe are up for grabs, and guess where they would end up... in the final seasons of arrow and the flash and super girl...
    Supergirl already has a superman in play. Just no adult face, since they never show the face... they aren't sure whether or not they are part of the Cinematic universe or not..
    They've been very careful to leave the gap open to the opportunities that could lay ahead...
    Flash already has a FERRIS Airfields.. thus opening an opportunity for Green Lantern Hal Jordan into that Universe, but who knows...
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, about the only way they could get any more opposite to the real Jimmy Olsen is if they made this version female (hey, maybe James '8-pack abs' Olsen is Bizarro Jimmy :eek: )

Is the episode with Toyman the final? Because it's not on the following week :(
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

In one episode, there was reference to Hal Jordan still being missing
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Any one else disappointed (even disgusted) how quickly Cat gave up about Kara being Supergirl?
    Kara only quit because Cat wanted her to spend more time as Supergirl saving other people rather than getting her her coffee? Umm, yeah, that makes sense: Cat- "You are Supergirl and you should be out there saving people and if you don't admit I will fire you" Kara- "I won't tell you, and I quit"

Way to go General Lame, you sure showed those nasty lowlife aliens that you are better than them... by injecting one of them with a substance that is hazardous to them!!! This is why 'good guys' suck phlerbs direct from a yarngle-stat!!!!
  20. Blue Chromite New Player

I'm a old timer comic book buff, and I actually like the show, sure they have a new version of Jimmy, but that's the norm anymore. Crossing comic book lines totally different. Take for instance Toyman that was Batman not Superman or Supergirl. And Red Tornado That was the Justice league in itself.