An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think the heals in dps stance are fine. After all you are in dps role.
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Point, but I can see how it would benefit dual specced people that run it for duos and solos. Hell even alerts it'll be enough to keep people up without actually going healer. I know were pushing for more use in support roles but I don't see that happening anytime soon in non raid content. Might as well make it easier for 4 dps.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

I recall that, actually. I've actually been pushing for all powersets to require targets to set and maintain the AM.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The issue I have is Celestial has to start its AM with risk whilst Ice and Gadgets can continue non-stop without a target. Also it bugs me when celestial cuts off when your target dies, when Ice can happily move around channeling without stopping when the target is dead.
    • Like x 2
  5. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

so im starting to see what yall are talking about with power management.
    when i left 2 years ago Cele was a power management dream, now im having alot of trouble not draining my bar.

has anything changed with power regen in general over the last few years? i mean, you still regen power with weapon attacks right? lol
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I think our power management should be as it is and other powers revert to our level. Mobility and API dps are the worst being the ones that are handicapped to much, their power bars are like 95% of the time above 90%, it's stupid and has handicapped controllers making them used less also.
    • Like x 2
  7. Proto1118 Committed Player

Agreed.
    I personally would like power back toned down even more. Say 40% - 50% power back. I feel that in DPS role, we should not be self sustaining as most powers are. It's great for solos and duos but when I trolled raids, I felt almost useless. If it wasn't for the tank and healer needing power I could have just thrown PoT and watched. I'd like the return of 2 troll raids. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Dps are favored too much, this power back is ridiculous. Either reduce their power back to like what you said and/or reduce their survival stats (Defense, Health) allot then they'll be crying for support allot more.

It just seems controller are extremely useless now, they become more and more over the months. Now its just tank and spank raids/alerts with the rushing and CC isn't really needed and not needed at all in duos with dps stunning and power back killing fast. But going back to the issue, yes power back for dps is to high that it's stupid.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kharoti New Player

What is Phase Dodge for? What effect does it do to you? I have been searching for a long time and I don't know what use it does to you. So if you could please tell me what Phase Dodge is and what it can do to my character in game. Thanks

- Zubair
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Reduces incoming damage you take for the duration of the cast. Relatively useless though since blocking reduces just as much damage.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

It can be used as a clip to allow you to squeeze out a bit more DPS. It doesn't work as well as it used to before GU 36, though. There's honestly little reason to use it nowadays. There are better ways to increase DPS.
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Power bug fixes are finally coming in. So now I can test to see if the power bar itself was bugged
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

Keep in mind that those AMs fire powers off more often. Since using ScH has fallen out of use all other combos take over 2 seconds to perform when clipped perfectly. With AI AMs for example you will be using powers every second thus firing off over twice as many powers and needing more power back.

I personally am fine with not being old style power dump spamming, and would prefer more content designed with Controllers' other functions like CC and debuffs. I find healers and tanks still need trols, and haven't ever felt like I was on the chopping block because of my role.

I don't feel like nerfing an aspect of another role is not the way to look at adjusting controllers.
    • Like x 2
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I prefer current 1 troller set ups to stay.
    Being second troller was the most boring role in game and made me quite playing as controller in general. Right now 1 controller cant really focus at crowd control much cause tank and healer need constant power dumps, which is a good thing cause CC happy trollers can make tanks' life miserable.

Something good can be adding a Damage buff to alert groups that run with 1-1-1-1 set up. That way people wont push to run with 2-3 dps as much.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well it turns out that it wasnt just the soder cola that was bugged. Actual power pools were capped at 10k. The average healer has 13k power pool so essentially we were losing alot of potential power.

However both of those were fixed today. And now I have seen soders return 15k power back to my healer. This change will surely help electric healers. Especially since I can literally spam the AM in healer role until my soder comes back and thats without a troller.
    • Like x 4
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that was a great pick up, Derio!
    • Like x 1
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

How important is the weapon damage? I know in the past it was super important. But I have noticed that during the 1st and 2nd month I struggle to get 1st on the scoreboard against earth, sorcery and ice, but in the 3rd month once I get the weapon its like a day and night for my dps.

Has anyone noticed this.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Weapon DPS is half your effective precision, so yeah, it makes a big difference. I brought this up to the Dev team, when they were working on the gear drop pattern. This is the way it appeared to work out best, though.
    • Like x 2
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

Would you recommend WoTPCs-PcDL spam? Sometimes on youtube i see certain players doing this combo.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

That could work for boss fights. Too slow for adds.