Which Power "Should" Be The Strongest.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AverageJoe, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Senko Committed Player

I have to go to work so sadly I can't take the time to read the full thread (and all the pretty pictures in these forums kill my bandwidth horribly so I'm not using my phone). However I have a few things to say quickly.

1) Atomic: I tend to think of this as presented by the kingdom come character in DC who could absorb and release radiation.

2) Sorcery in my opinion could be number 1 or number 100 depending on what kind of magic your dealing with. There's a huge range of magical power from ones that are barely more than we have with modern technology up to the high end where your raising the dead, creating pocket realities and frankly can do anything you turn your mind too. From what I've seen DC is on the high end (Zatana has control over fire, ice, light, shadows, light constructs, time travel etc etc) so I'd put it at number 1 on my list.

3) I agree on munitions and gagets they can make a person powerful but they're not really a power in themself because aside from ones like the green lantern rings that choose an owner anyone can put them on and use them.

4) You may want to include movement modes because the flash's whole power is superspeed (and a very powerful one indeed in my opinion if you can't see the attack coming you can't protect against it).
    • Like x 1
  2. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Well that depends on the user for all the powers in most cases a sorceress could put a bubble on Johnny but who is the sorceress and what amount of damage could a bubble hold? If that bubble was strong enough to contain the power of the sun then why aren't their more people consider that strong? In most comics and anime powers like time control for example have limits such as uses and damage. Also just because you go back in time does mean it will work.

For example an anime I recently watch has a character that could travel back in time. There was a situation where he was up against an enemy now grant it they knew his weakness which was his eyes. So they attack him and damage one of his eyes causing his powers to control time useless.Also there is usually limits on Sorcery and Celestial as well. Now you could argue that Earth,Water,Fire,Nature,Ice,Mental Celestial, could be under magic.

It is true that given that Magic could do that to fire take away its oxygen I'll give you that but in turn that depends on who the users are as well, but also interesting is the some cases fire can burn without oxygen but its rare and you would need special circumstances and lots of helium and hydrogen given that a condense bubble would take out the oxygen the sorceress would have t o be smart enough to such out all the air including all gasses. The spacial case being a sun meaning the fire user would have to burn beyond supernova most likely killing themselves and everyone If the sorcery was to work better that would encase in water and a small space that is in a vacuum.

Lol I like how we are adding science to this where there is talk about magic. Based off what I'm saying and basing on I still consider Fire stronger and more dangerous in destructive power but will say Sorcery could match it with someone smart behind it. And looking it up there is a difference between magic and sorcery it seems I'm not sure of what it is but there is.
    • Like x 1
  3. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

How i will view that is that God is the Alpha and the Omega. meaning everthing starts with him and ends with him or her. God power is beyond Celestial and every power listed. since God could have all those powers and none of their weaknesses. And can go beyond their limits. all these powers would have limits but not to God.
    • Like x 1
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I stopped reading at Anime. There are only two Anime movies anyone should ever watch. And thats it.

1. Akira
    2. LA Blue Girl

That said, yes, as I mentioned it does all depend on the character. But, without any other information besides Fire vs Magic/Scorcery, the latter wins. That is because there's no restraints naturally in place. Fire, being a natural "element", automatically has restrictions.

Thus, sadly, the reality is:

(Edit: God) > Harry Potter > Superman > Goku.

And there it is...
    • Like x 1
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Power tier list goes like this:
    Psyschic powers are in a specal catergory because they prettty much are the basic part of all powers when you get down to it. It just depends on the degree.

Sorcery is also special as it can have varying degrees but on the upper level it is up there with the reality warpers: celestial, quantum.

Quantum and Celestial
    Atomic if based off of firestorm
    HL powers in current era or else is based off of silver age feats then they are God tier.

Elemental powers

Gadgets/munitions
    • Like x 1
  6. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

lol what???There are limits to Sorcery you know that right and not even basing it off just anime but in DC lore as well. There is limits to socery ironiclly like fire.To cast a spell, the sorcerer required a source of magical energy. In some cases thin air. that means in turn a fire user could just torch the surrounding area making the air theirs to control so sorcery would be useless. This is From DC lore. There are other routes too. That sorcery could use but to say that they don't have limits is not correct. If so then why isn't Dr. Fate stronger than he is many would put Firestorm ahead of him who powers are closer towards fire.

Also agree Superman=Wrecked Goku.
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

Okok, we don't need to create here a discussion Religion vs. Science because this is not the purpose of this thread. Let's talk about DC Comics. What's the most powerful being in the DC Comics? The Presence and this character would be like The Almighty God. And what's your powers? Comparing with the powers in the game would be Celestial because in fact Celestial is a Spiritual Power and for this reason I think that is the most powerful because is over all the another physical powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

ice

• Like x 1
  9. BlazeChamp Committed Player

MUNITIONS!!!!!!! NUKE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
  10. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I stopped reading at "There are only two Anime Movies anyone should ever watch and that's it".
    Wow that's offensive **** to people who like anime. As much as I like Akira there are much, much better anime out there then those two. And thats it.
  11. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

In terms of what's usually perceived as the most powerful in most Media it would easily be Celestial. Celestial is both the power of The Presence (The Judio-Christian God of DC Universe) combined with the Power of DC Universe's version of Satan (or at least his demons i guess). Specter is a Good Example of a Celestial Powered Character (they weaken the Dog Crap out of him for this game so we can actually fight him but that guys Power Level is "Cosmic Level") He's easily with-in the top 5 most powerful characters in DC Comics Lore. He has Omnipotence. Meaning he can do ANYTHING he can possibly imagine. This also means that he also has every other power in this entire game (Fire,HL, Rage, Quantum, Atomic, Kryptonian, ALL OF THEM) as well as every other Power in DC Comics, as well any power he could possibly imagine. He could easily WILL us all out of existence if he chose too (He'd be in DEEP, DEEP, DEEP CRAP with The Presence but he's more then capable of doing it). But ya, the Powers of the Judio-Christian God easily top this list.
  12. Senko Committed Player

To be fair most of the character power levels in this game are not worth considering for a which is stronger debate. Seriously you fight Doomsday who took out superman at a lower tier than you do generic rioting prisoners (smallville vs intergang crime wave).

Really how you class celestial/demonic powers as regards to magic comes down to how you consider them I mean Raven is a quintessential magic user but she'd be more properly classed as demonic because of the source of her powers just like many priestly casters are chanelling celestial power. To me the distinction is pretty much source with celestial/demonic/sorcery all functioning the same and the only difference being where they come from and how powerful the individual is. The most powerful magic user is going to be below a being like the specter much less the pressence but they're powers are still fundamentally magical its just they're far more powerful than the average mage.

As for limits the problem with DC is as the above poster said you really can't go Power X is stronger than Power Y because character X would do this since you are immediately laying limits on the characters rather than on the power set. Its like comparing the marvel fire user in the X-men movies (don't remember his name) who can manipulate an existing flame but can't generate it (he can turn a cigarrete lighter flame into a fireball though) with the fantastic four johnny who if he wasn't careful could ignite the earths atmosphere. Both fire users but very different limits/abilities and yes I don't know any DC fire powers but these work well for my point.

Its even worse when comparing magic because what is possible varies hugely depending on what the writer wants in their storyline. Take the young justice series the bad guy's there split the ENTIRE world in two with everyone over 18 being in one reality and everyone under it in another and any change over that dividing line (including captain marvel's transformation) shifted the person from one reality to the other instantly and they did this as a distraction from their real goal. The simple fact is magic especially ritual magic seems to have its only limit being you can't raise the dead outside very special circumstances (unless you want a zombie). There's been magical cages that held superman, magical outfit changes, magical energy bolts, magical dimensional travel.

Outside DC magic power vaires hugely depending on the type of magic your looking at. In anime where one magic user might just be capable of making glowy lights and other small effects whereas another destroy's worlds, in Shadowrun mages are little more powerful than the slightly advanced tech available to normals (for game balance), in DND a mage can create pocket planes, raise the dead, teleport across time/space/reality and then conjure up a filling breakfast. Really you need to limit it solely to DC or the discussion will go nowhere since sorcery in anime/book/game A is going to be markedly different to magic in anime/book/game b and any power is going to vary in usage based on the character your looking at.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Quantum and Sorcery should be the most powerful with atomic following closely behind. Anyone who has the ability to alter the mechanics of the world is highly dangerous.

Celestial is a wild card because it is dependant on what the benefactor allows.
  14. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

This is how I see it. Water is the strongest because of it effects on a global scale compared the sorcery. I don't think many of you realize how limited sorcery really is. now I could as Water is sorcery therefore its #1. In media sorcery has more limits compared to Water and Fire, which is why I agree with the OP making it 1 and 2. Quantum is really the only one that I would see as number one and not because of its time control because in everything that is limited and at times broken. Like there was a comic in DC I read years ago where a character had time control powers froze time and I think it was Superman was strong enough to break through the frozen time. I think too many is caught up on Celestial name its not known for being the most powerful, its known for being the most pure. If something is Godlike its doesn't mean its Celestial. Superman is Godlike. Look at Aries and Appollo, Athena and most of the Greek Gods their powers aren't considered Godlike. in-game the Celestial is really made from Raven. her good and evil selfs. Celestial is usually not shown as powerful only the user, and it has a great weakness as its usually weak against demonic and fire, meaning Fire could defeat a celestial user. Think about the weaknesses more not the strength which they all have. Fire could cause a supernova but that could kill him sorcery although powerful depends on the who what and where too much. Meaning it has more weaknesses that Quantum and Water and Fire.
  15. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

To me no Quantum I would put ahead of Sorcery after researching Quantum is stronger and not because of time ravel, just because you can travel or stop time doesn't mean you can beat someone. It has lesser weaknesses like Water and Fire. Sorcery and Celestial has too many weaknesses. I think some are confusing God-like powers with Celestial, they are not the same. Celestial is weak to fire and demonic power. like demonic is weak to water and celestial lol if that makes sense. And sorcery it depends on too much, one it cannot generate its power out of nothing it usually needs a catalysis, unlike most Water and Fire.

Compared to Water and Fire its overall Destructive power as a whole is tame. Meaning it would take too much power to be a world killer in most cases while Water and Fire it would take that much power to be a world killer. Now Quantum could match Fire and Water destructive power when I didn't realize until looking up. Gravity control is more dangerous than time control. You can stop time don''t mean you can beat someone. You could crush them to death. But it all depends of the users brains more so than the powers. If someone using water is fighting a quantum user the quantum user is trying to crush them but not paying attention to a tidal wave coming from behind them then its end of game.

I just feel Water has less limits but no one is wrong this has been one of my most favorite threads. But Sorcery no its actually weaker than I though and I would drop it. Quantum is stronger than I thought and would place it #2.
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Sorcery allows you to do the same exact things as quantum. That is why Zatanna was always regarded as one of the most powerful beings in DC. Once you enter the realm of reality warping fights just become a match of wits and creativity.
  17. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

well yes and no it has more limits overall as a powerset you are talking about a person I'm talking as a whole. And as a whole Quantum is stronger than Sorcery overall because of the overall weaknesses of sorcery.
  18. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Gadgets - it's really the power of creating technology and you really don't have a limitation on what you can make.
  19. Senko Committed Player

What limits/weakness are you talking about here though? Just some of the things Zatana has done with magic include . . .

1) Freeze someone with ice.
    2) Turn someone into a rabbit.
    3) Turn a car into a cloud of butterflies.
    4) Healed her own cut throat when she couldn't speak from sheer force of will.
    5) Time travels.
    6) Dimension Travels.
    7) Divines the future.
    8) Mind wipes batman.

Not to mention all the basic combat applications like shields, energy blasts, flight etc, etc. Then once you open it up to groups you have things like the ritual I mentioned early creating two alternate realities, the pocket dimensions in various magic users houses and who know's what else.
  20. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Thats all good and all but all of that means nothing since her weakness will not allow her to one do that an unlimited time compared so some characters who are strong using water and fire. She can freeze time but it have been shown in comics she has to hold a strong person if not they can break it and fatigue her. Mind wipping Batman is cool and all that's like mind wipping me or you he has not special defense against that.

Zantanna is cool and all but she isn't the strongest Sorcery in DC. she can't beat or overcome anyone that is over powered in their abilities. Like I said before time travel don't mean nothing if you cannot beat your opponet as well. If someone knows how her power works like i stated before its even easier to beat her. Her weakness is using her mouth Like i said also Sorcery is like Fire in a way they cannot gain anything from nothing.

When she fights really strong people that will test her concentration she will likely to loose. Her powers is based off time and consintrations which are big weaknesses and I could see someone of Quantum who has better control of time that her beating her. Zatanna is the Strongest female human in DC, but you would have been better picking Circe or Dr. Fate who don't have her limits. Also Zantanna is usually not in one on one fights usually in groups is a great supporter.

Now I will say this that may help your point out with her. She has great command of element powers meaning she fought Fire she could use air or water. But yeah she is consider one of the stronger DCU character but not the strongest in magic.

Lol I'm surprise you didn't pick out her more amazing feats.