Devs will raids continue to be designed around 5-1-1-1?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

Controller isn't useless but if you think about it enough it becomes less appealing. So as a Controller, our main task is to give power to everyone. A Controller can have other tasks of course but not every instance provides a Controller with the opportunity or reason to perform other tasks. When this is the case then sometimes a Controller is just someone ensuring that other players can have more fun with their role.

A Tank is needed to aggro enemies and bosses and control them so that the rest of the group doesn't die since the Tank has more health and defense plus different skills to make use of. Depending on the power set, Tanks can self heal, receive defense buffs, have better shields, increased HP pool, damage mitigation, etc.

A Healer keeps everyone alive and helps to ensure that the instance is not a failure. I find healing fun partly because it's situational and isn't restricted to an almost predetermined loadout. In most content though, A Controller simply doesn't get to make use of the skills it has available thus making the Controller role far less appealing and sometimes less enjoyable.
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Cr doesn't really affect controller and healers as much as tanks and dps.

I do think a nerf on resto is needed. However I think devs secretly run solo heals and support solo healer runs, and have just now started to accept solo troll runs.
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

The new raid was actually buffed and it only proved that 5-1-1-1 is still the best option to go with for the raid.

So at the end of August I will not be renewing my sub and most likely will come back next year when Daybreak either supports this game or sells it.
    • Like x 5
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im just waiting for roles to be abolished.
    • Like x 1
  5. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Im going to be honest, as a person who prefers to play the Troll role before dpsing I find it much better to solo raids rather than have 2. When I am by myself it keeps me alert and focused on the task. I know every doesn't like to solo or they can't do it but it is really fun and makes you challenge yourself.
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

More like how it's supposed to work but doesn't ever happen
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

IKR?

They say its an easy raid, like Labyrinth, NGN and Necropolis, I say it's a bad start to monthly content.
  8. Lightws Dedicated Player

Still not understanding why people care whats in anyone else's groups. If you have a league and you don't like 5-1-1-1 FINE! Do whatever run you see fit. But don't complain about those who want to get in and out of content. It's just stupid how some people can be so blinded. If you want 2 healers for no reason go ahead. Same with trollers it's your choice whats in your group. But because others choose to run something different then you don't complain about it, at the end of the day you choose whats in your own group.
  9. XODUIS Committed Player

When did 3-2-2-1 become unpopular?
  10. GrowlingNight92 New Player

I'd say a few months after origin crisis launched, i remember doing 3-2-2-1 in nexus and sub bosses in tunnels , then tanks got a big deff/health increase also the healers got a huge restoration increase so the 2nd healer was replaced by a 4th dps or a 3rd troller. Running 4-2-1-1 or 3-3-1-1. At cr 96 i had like 3.5k resto more than enough to solo heal PW+4.
    • Like x 2
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The problem with the 2222 set up is that it's not encouraged in lower tiers. Lower Tiers are a problem and it's very very hard finding a solution for it because nobody wants work in those lower tiers. Why? Becaus witoe Any benefit end content tiers but in the long run, it does! People don't understand this. Honestly, I don't mind the current 5111 set up. I just want a health and defense buff for tanks because they have always been the hardest role to find and I'm kinda sick of it.
    • Like x 1
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I have a feeling when power rengen hit. More trolls will be needed and that's when a lot of players will stop trolling. I just have this gut feeling that power spamming is gonna make a comeback, cause power regen won't be as beneficial like ppl think it will.

I could be wrong, But if I'm right, all the players that started trolling after power back may abandon the trolling roll all together
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

We aren't complaining about 5-1-1-1, we'll I am not. I am simply asking devs to make content designed around it. On USPS you cannot make anything but 5-1-1-1 groups for pugs unless it's throne or HH or survival mode.

Even leaguemates feel 5-1-1-1 is best unless we are helping a support role gear up.

At the end of the day its not up to you. We'll it is but you won't be playing any content.

So the point of this thread is to get devs to continue with making content like the paradox bombshell that complements 5-1-1-1. The pug community doesn't have enough tanks to support these 2 tank requirements
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Actually power regeneration is very good and without a troll you can easily use a Soder in rotation to maintain power at all times. If the tank didn't need power, you wouldn't need a troll.
  15. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

That sucks :(
  16. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Where's the challenge? Pop pot and hit debuffs or an occasional recharge. No challenge whatsoever. Healers only get challenged in brand new content but as the new wears off and we become familiar with the mechanics the challenge is gone unless you're in groups who are inexperienced. Face it unless they balance content in dps to support ratio support will die and so will the enjoyment people like me have doing things other than pew pew pew the whole raid. Even tanking is getting dumbed down for all the FOTM dps who suddenly realize we need a tank, but I don't know what I'm doing. Screw it, it can't be that hard. Wipe!
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Perhaps they are waiting for ps3 to be dropped before they eliminate support roles.
    • Like x 1
  18. Solmes202 Loyal Player

It is DCUO The Remedial edition for sure. If it gets any simpler we will be able to just run the game on auto.
  19. IceRaider Dedicated Player

True and I hate where this game has gotten.
    • Like x 1
  20. Uncle Voodoo Well-Known Player

It has been going down this path for a while now... :(
    • Like x 1