Counter Immunity Removal

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMM Active Player

If it requires no skill then why isn't everyone good at it? You can't say "gods of r1" and then say "no skill required"
    • Like x 4
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Agreed that there is much more that needs to be addressed. At least, Mepps acknowledged that in his post here. Two clipped Celestial combos can fit in that window. One to set the AM, and the other to capitalize on it.
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

You can fit 1 multi-input combo into counter punishment, but if you use a second combo even one as short as ScH or HcS you are still vulnerable to interrupt when the immunity wears off.

According to your guide ScH and HcS have a ctime of 1.1 sec. Add that to the ctime for a multi-input combo 2 sec for RcW, 2.3 sec for AcB, and 2.2 sec for CScWotP, and they all go beyond 2.75 sec. This is using the ctime for the second combo which considering it isn't actually clipped means the vulnerability will last longer.

If you are talking about just using the Might based power and not combo, you might be activating the power return, but you aren't really using the AM. Especially since the Might damage is so weak.

The 4 listed can counter someone perform counter punishment without making themselves vulnerable when it immunity wears off.
    • Like x 1
  4. SirMuttonChops New Player

i didn't cherry pick. you said u didn't understand y ur concern wasn't a larger part of the conversation, and i described y it's just not as important as u think it is, and those of us who pvp consistently know this. and i added that if u really understood the posts, ud understand y that in particular isn't important and u wouldn't be surprised.

as for the am's that fit in the counter immunity window, those am's don't "capitalize" anymore on that timeframe at all. in fact, ur better off using WM in that timeframe bc ud get much more damage. the celestial combos, for example, do little damage initially, anddo nothing significant as u get into the 2nd one, in comparison to having followed the counter with a WM combo and following it into a power crit. if ur going into the celestial am during an immunity window, ur not capitalizing on anything.
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Isn't that already happening?
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

You're technically correct. I think it works, because as soon as you clip Smite into cWither, you're stunning your opponent, and cHaunt will hit before they can break out of the stun. But, yes, you're correct. Nice use of my own data against me, lol! I guess that's a successful counter on your part. ;)
  7. SirMuttonChops New Player

HL takes 4 seconds to get into a combo buff. what makes it devastating is that there exists invulnerable combos that can only be cc'd if u do it right, and bc u can go into counters without losing the buff if u play it right. that's different than being able to get into the am buff after a counter.
  8. SirMuttonChops New Player

yes, except now it'll become the actual way to pvp and u wont get punished for it. before this update u would get punished for that behavior.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

Yes, but you can also set your self up to perform a counter, both an interrupt or blockbreak, with one of those combos. After a successful counter with the AM you can then take off 80% another players health and not be vulnerable to counter mechanics when counter immunity wears off.

Mind you this is what is on live currently, as the boost on test would make that 80% 100%.
    • Like x 1
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Shortening counter vulnerability windows will only result in:
    - block spam festival if your current Legends character or toon is not an OP character or power.
    - pew pew festival if your current Legends character or toon is an OP character or power.

Not sure about USPS servers, but on USPC, under the current system and counter vulnerability windows, it just about allows me enough time to read and react to my opponents. Just about, because my average ping is 200ms. I literally have to play Jedi mind games because I almost cannot trust what is happening on my screen. And there is still the occasional lag on USPC, which usually flares up in visual pollution situations ie Lex/Hal Jordan bombing the area, plus a Circe with Pets, plus Kyle with the shiny stuff, in my experience anyway, though it has been better of late.

Not everyone resides in the US. So factoring the multiple ping discrepancies among ppl (playing from a different state/continent; different hardware like desktop versus laptop or PS3 versus PS4 etc), and that cross-play is probably going to happen eventually, having shorter counter vulnerability windows will result in pure and utter chaos.
    • Like x 3
  11. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

LMAO

RIP Competitive PvP
    I guess 3OO is the new best PvP leagues on US PS
    How sad is that
    • Like x 4
  12. SirMuttonChops New Player

that is exactly what i meant by "what makes it devastating..."

either way, i'm done posting. this thread is no longer about the change, and i'm positive bc of the ppl supporting it, there will be no going back.
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Get ready to pew pew away.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I'll make this short:

Your key mistake is assuming steam would matter in anyway when it comes to player numbers. You can get the download without steam and thus without steam account etc, on top the PC population is a minority in itself. Forums had a couple of threads already pointing out that Daybreak and before SOE could stop doing anything over steam and had no significant loss in numbers. Numbers from steam are complete BS when it comes to player numbers. I think bareheiny always had the stats at hand, but last time I wrote in a thread about player numbers it got (for PC users painfully) clear that at the end of 2014 even the PS3 alone had more players than PC. Now add the PS4 to that scenario. While the PlayStation-Network is the exclusive source of the game for the console side, steam is but a nuisance on PC when it comes to DCUO. Don't worry though, there's a forum user every once in a while coming up with steam numbers to get ridiculed here.
    • Like x 1
  15. SirMuttonChops New Player

wow, you didn't even read what i said, did u? xD
    • Like x 1
  16. Fies Committed Player

As of now they basically compensate (at least to a certain degree) massive imbalances between powers/ams/wm/stats. And besides what is already shown on test this should have been considered. Removing immunities as a first step is Imo just wrong without removing am/wm or at least tune the dmg down/increase effective health. Inb4 "its not about the counter but its side effect": counters are imo the best "gate"(playerskill) to gain that "advantage" as the whole game revolves around them from Brainiac Ship on. (Im really open for some better input here)
    Just to clarify I know about immunities for 3-4 month when I returned to the game and I had to adapt ofc but it was in no way "hard" or drove me away. Imo the low participation revolves more around a lack of rewards (look at pve where people run old instances for styles) and rather bad matchmaking. Moreover its in the nature of every pvp-game/mode that "new" players have to catch up to the competition.
    All in all Im against removing "blue immunity" without other steps quickly ensuing that as it would imo break arenas even more and I dont see powers/wm being balanced (in PvP :)) anytime soon.

P.S. Leave legends alone with this plz I love Supergirl to much to not be able to use her anymore.

Sorry to you that I quoted I didnt want to adress you with everything I wrote lol (happens to me regularly)
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

I never suggested it was the predominant factor. I was just surprised no one was discussing it...at all. In your own example, you offered up a WM combo in the immunity window. So, do you not think WM and AM damage are problems in PvP? That's one of the main things I keep seeing brought up in this and other threads. You can probably find a post to that effect on this or the preceding page. To say that having the ability to get a strong combo off in the immunity window is not part of that is a bit disingenuous, don't you think?

As for WM, probably not the best option with Celestial. The crit bonus on the shorter WM combos doesn't enhance the puny Celestial might damage much. I'd rather have an 80% precision damage buff on a fractionated burst. RcW itself does higher DPS than the shorter WM combos anyway. WM may be the way to go with other powersets, but not Celestial.
  18. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Just proof again that no matter what you are ignorant to any efforts of reason, common sense or an amicable discussion. You would rather ram your head against the wall in protest over this change that is coming rather than realize that the devs have listened to players that CARE about the game rather than their bloated wins gained partially by exploiting aspects of a mechanic that was introduced to HELP NEW PLAYERS rather than have it's secrets kept by the few elite that so many of you look up to. Sad.

Interesting, you speak of shortened windows as if you remember them plainly but speak of running Shadowlands for the first time not realizing how effective block can be. In fact, the way you explain your story, it sounds like you had very little knowledge of combat mechanics at all much less of the map that was introduced a FULL YEAR after the changes to interrupt windows and the addition of Blue Immunities was implemented. Truly sad.
  19. Ace1 Dedicated Player

So after reading all the new comments, im still left wondering, Who is this supposed to help? Its a "barrier" for new players? How? To gain a counter immunity off of a target all you have to do is Block break a blocking opponent, interrupt a player using an a Heavy range attack, or block a target using heavy melee or spam tapping square.

If a casual can't counter, then they will lose to a semi-decent player in a fair fight. I dont see how this solves any of the long standing issues with PvP.

So is it the belief that if you are outnumbered, you should die no matter what? If it is then it becomes a dps race of which teams can put out more dps on a target faster. That scenario would mean the aggressors are heavily favored in the scenario, leaving litlle to no chance for the focused target. I guess if you are being target by 2 or more people "you should die" is the consensus.

May i also remind everyone how most people survived before immunites, Phase dodge, speed dash and well, being a tank (ice)

Unless Healers are buffed to GodMode status a focused target stands no chance in an any arena above a 2v2.
    • Like x 8
  20. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I even remember you writing you didn't want to argue about this with me any more. Face it: the steam numbers are completely non-relevant content for the number of players in DCUO. Ask around - Sore, Sbel, Enquirer (who uses steam himself as I know).

Or try your math the other way round and calculate how many characters are dead database weight calculating from your total number of players (account maxes on character slots at 32) and explain how the devs overlooked over 20 mio of inactive characters on inactive accounts and went for freeing up about 50k names instead of wiping that 20 mio toons? Really, explain :D I like the very basic way you try to wipe away your personal bias and try to show how I'm personally biased in this :D
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.