Downtime Server Downtime - May 6, 2015 - Game Update 47!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackOrchid New Player

I try and help lower level peeps that's why I do the alerts even though I've done them already but it's not really helping if it's taking me 300+ hits to take down an enemy that is nearly 20 levels under me. I can't even heal fast enough when they attack me. I still don't mind helping lower levels but the enemies have become ridiculously hard. In fact that's my only complaint.
  2. Eyecicles New Player

I Have a league to run with a lot of members my rule is to help lower lvl tiers so they can become like us higher tiers but I guess that won't be happening now. We barely beat Gates and I do mean BARELY with 114crs and 100crs and lower etc...but then we get to prime and we get wiped within a few seconds multiple times (we disbanded) . I don't appreciate this update and what it has done to many loyal dcuo gamers like myself. Many are unsubscribing but I will stick around to see what and how this going to be fixed and for your sake devs I hope you make this game enjoyable again.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gabby New Player

Are the Gold rings from the vault useless now? The number stats seem low compared to rings you receive from the vendors. The necklaces that I have their stats have increased but not the rings Très bizarre
  4. BlackOrchid New Player

I'll still help lower level peeps it's just more of a headache for me now then fun
  5. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I can help lower level players too, but there's a difference between telling them how it works and letting them try, and doing everything for them. I'm glad now older tiers are harder and not easy. I didn't try any instance yet because I created a new toon but I can't wait to see how it goes.
  6. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

Ok..... So I played all day yesterday to test this GU out before giving my opinion on it. The first thing I ran yesterday after the GU was throne on my 114cr troll. Had a 114cr healer from my league with me & rest of the group was puged. Before the update with a pug group we would wipe at least twice throughout the raid before completion. We beat it yesterday in 20min & no wipes. Seemed much easier. Then I ran HOH with the same scenario. Again, much easier & no wipes. I saw people complaining about the difficulty around that time so I decided to take almost all my gear off to get to equiped CR 41. Ran the Chinese theater solo. Had absolutely no problems once again. No need to pop a cola, supercharge, etc. Ran L&W... Again no problems. I'm confused about this severe difficulty ppl are talking about. I just dnt see it. I personally love the stat boosts that we have received & I am definitely glad to see those useless symbols get put in the trash. I can actually run necro, LD, etc. & actually get marks I can use instead of getting a red msg that says I'm maxed out on marks I can't spend cause needed the furys for better gear. Overall I like the GU so far & just dnt see this severe difficulty ppl are talking about. Devs, for the first time in a long time....maybe first time ever...im actually on your side. I like it..... Let the hate begin.......
  7. Kitimochi New Player

I personally play with 3 others from work , all 3 are sub's , also in my household we pay for 4 subs (Or use to) along with people i know in game I have counted 18 canceled subscriptions to the game just yesterday, most of them are people whom have CR112-114 characters and multiple high end characters , The game has serious issues now , this flattening as was called has caused about every high end player that i have came across (with the exception of one) to find the game unplayable , along with a lot of words which would cause me to be censored and banned from the forums if i were to repeat what they called this update. I can say that it is true because even in a CR relevant 4 man we tried to run last night it took so long to do the run that it just was not worth the time any longer and people were being hit for seriously high amounts of damage and being one shot left and right. Jumped on a lower CR character that i was bringing up to see if that it was the high end content only , Negative it was not , we tried 2 different duo's both of which we could not finish , one of which was a nightmare of one shot deaths. It may be a rant but with me paying for the game i think I am entitled to a bit of a rant when the game is fully derailed to the point of a total train wreck. So i gave up last night , we all canceled our subscriptions, money in the real world talks.
    we will check back in a few days or a week to see if things have changed for the better if not i can find better uses for my funds than a game which is no longer enjoyable or functional , and I am sure that many others out there feel the same in the fact that they can find better uses for their time and money than a broken game which is not enjoyable in the least.
    Not going to say the entire update was a bust , My sorcery healer was a lot tougher, regular mobs were easier to deal with but still took an eternity to clear out , and the new Marks are nice .
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Rogue New Player

I liked the update
  9. BlackOrchid New Player

It happened to me on the Hive and Area 51 alerts. It may have been a glitch idk it was just frustrating having to use 300+ hits to take down a lvl 10 baddie I don't mind having the enemies harder but that was more like they switched my stats with the lvl 10 baddies. So far I like the update I'm gonna play again later tonight after class and see if its still a problem. We only won the Area 51 alert because there was a lvl 114 on there but the Hive one we just disbanded because we couldn't stay alive long enough to really do anything.
  10. Bob Belcher New Player

It might have to do with the fact you took some gear off to get a lower cr in the lower alert, i think most keep their high gear on and it's messes their stats up. I use to be able to solo Mist bounties with my cr 113 quantum and now i get killed after 3 hits in about 2 seconds. Go try that out and see if you notice the difference. Maybe i need to take some gear off cause they are about 97 cr.
  11. xXS0EXx Committed Player

So mepps what happen to all of the sparring targets that were on watchtower in different areas? Its just wierd that they are just not there anymore so why?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.