Downtime Server Downtime - April 8, 2015 - PS3 Member Grant

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooba1223 Well-Known Player

they are only giving to legendary members this **** is ******** why even have premium if devs are gona spit in our face like this?
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Huh....I remember a few times where after I got deadlink I could not log back into the game on my PS4.

I guess I should have complained more. Oh well.

Good to see the developers taking care of there customers.

I'm curious how they determine PS3 from PS4? Just wondering.
  3. vPRIDEv New Player

This was nice to see. I was losing hope thinking the company went completely cold. Once again this was nice to see. Thanks for the inspiration.
  4. Morcra Committed Player

aaa aand so the masses gather once morr for the roadtrip to the end of downtime

who else is ready to fight endlessly in the cramped bus. to pick up new bus riders by the hour. to hear there complaints{albeit reasonable) about the longevity of the ride. As the people continuously pressure the bus driver to hurry, as if they don't want a safe driver. the ones that constantly repeat the same question even when the driver has already instructed them.

and in the end the driver must mourn. because he has no choice but to endure ot all over again.
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm glad they did something for the PS3 players. It is good news...

But as a long time PS4 player, playing since PS4 launched; PS4 has had mulitple issues with logins and disconnections over its life time with DCUO. When most PS4 players were not able to play DCUO from November 2013 to January 2014 we got nothing. Again, we got nothing when most of the PS4 players were block from the server from June to July 2014. Again, this past December when Sony was having connection issues, PS3 players had access to the game and not PS4. These are the times I can remember, I know with each update we had other issues but it impacted more or less the whole community.

You know what I got for all of the times I was not able to LOGIN to DCUO, 25 replay badges. I went without access for roughly 4 months since I got my PS4 and I got 25 replay badges. PS3 players get 2 weeks of service interruptions, not being fully locked out of the server, and they get 500 loyalty points.

I am just saying going forward a new precedent has been set. Any type of interruption of service, regardless of the platform, now requires similar compensation.
    • Like x 1
  6. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

But that is NOT what mepps said. He said ALL MEMBERS... I think we should hold him to it. I have spent more on DLC's on 3 different accounts in 4 years than most will ever spend on legendary access and that isn't counting extras such as styles, escrow withdraws, etc... AND OCCASIONAL LEGENDARY WHEN I MAKE A NEW TOON!!! I think this is total bs. HE SAID ALL MEMBERS!!! Not Legendary Members. Am I no longer a member??? WTF mepps?

By the way, I was going to spend that 500 on munitions and then get a month of legendary to lvl the new toon quickly. That obviously WILL NOT be happening now. I had already decided that I would never spend another penny on this game but after reading mepps' post that ALL PS3 MEMBERS would be compensated I was taken aback thinking maybe I had been wrong and reversed my decision. Then I log in to find out that I was right all along, that we are nothing more than pieces of crap to them. So much so that they cannot even fairly dole out the compensation to all members as they said even though it cost them absolutely nothing to do so. Well it is going to cost you now. No matter what, I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY ON THIS GAME, ON ANY SONY PRODUCT, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WARNER BRO'S MOVIE, AND I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER DC COMIC BOOK!!!

The only thing you have going for you DCUO is that fantastic physics engine that, knowing you, was probably stolen through some sort of legal loop hole as I cannot see anyone on the dev team having the skill to design such a spectacular creation (look at their track record for updates, patches, and hotfixes) and eventually someone will come up with something just as good. I've hung in for all the downtime, all the bugs and glitches, all the marketing spit in my face, all the stupid decisions on gameplay you make, and this is my reward? NO DCUO, from now on it will cost you for me to play. You will never get another penny from me and every time I log in it puts a tiny little load on your server costing YOU money. And as soon as I find another game I'm gone. It is to bad that so many sellouts will continue to pay you for a crap service because as long as they shove their soul at the demon the demon will continue to eat souls and never have to pay for their evil.
    • Like x 2
  7. xXS0EXx Committed Player

What about the premium members? Im one of those pple who tried to play the game even tho its was freezing way to often. I had a hard time trying to do the survival too because I knew it was temporary and yet trying to get in there with the freezing problem but still I don't get anything? Just because im premium? What the heck mepps. Ur treating us like we don't spent money on ur game. I have bought alot of things from u guys and sometimes I even sub up again just for the heck of it but is like it doesn't matter to u guys.

So premium players are nothing to u guys? Its that it?

Edit: that's without mentioning other bugs included on the ps3 side.
    • Like x 2
  8. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Thank you for the compensation for that frustrating week. I'll also take this time to apologize for my whining and anger on these forums directed at u and the devs lol. I doubted you folks, and yall came through...respect.
  9. Pr0tojay Committed Player

I think the answer is obvious. Premium players will always be premium, you dont have to spend another dime all year long and be premium. Compare that to a Legendary member who specifically paid $15 for 30 days access to all DLC content. The freezing occurred for 10 days, so we lost 33% of our $15, which equals $5.

I myself was dumb enough to purchase that $15 membership the day before the update. I lost $5 worth of legendary due to the freezing, and 500 LP that theyre giving Legendary members is basically the equivalent of that.
  10. ShadowNova72 Level 30

I'm glad you got something out of it but us preium players should get something also for our suffering. I have dlc up to amazon fury part 1 and get nothing but disrespect for my loyalty to dc.
    • Like x 1
  11. Abel Well-Known Player

I will just say simply that as a PS3 user it was definitely frustrating logging in the last 2 weeks and freezing at every instance entered. With that being said the 500 Loyalty Points is definitely a nice gesture and, in my personal opinion, shows that Spytle, Mepps and the Devs do listen and care about the player base and the DCUO Communnity.
  12. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Thats when ur wrong. Premiums are not always going to be premium. If u read my post correctly I did say that I sub up sometimes. I use to be a full time subscriber and now I sub only sometimes. I have been on this game sense 2011 so u do math.

What u just said about premium is a bull statement because once ur sub if off ur going to be a premium player until u sub up again.

Legendary only Rents Content.
    Premium owns the content.

We still pay money to play content like u guys. We still buy replays like u. We buy things in the marketplace just like u. The difference is that legendary gives u perks like infinite keys for prom... or 500LP every month and now u get to buy legendary characters with just marks of legends. If anything u guys have it the easy way and by u guys I include my self too because I sub sometimes. So please don't do false statements like that.
  13. Crzyrazr Well-Known Player

I do have a question, not a complaint, I upgraded to a PS4 during this period. I had installed and played on my PS3 before going and getting a PS4. Will I receive the LP? If not I am fine with that just curious, also am a Legendary memeber.
  14. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Well I used my new Loyalty Points to pick up the Red Energy Weapon Pack.

Went to Redeem them and when you select one in the Redeem list, the cursor goes away so you can't select any more. You have to back out, then go back in, then pick a weapon again. Then back, go back in, etc.

Please fix. Highly annoying.
  15. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

WAHHH!!! At least you got something besides crapped on!

I have been a LOYAL PREMIUM MEMBER for 4 years (and sometimes a Legendary Member). They should be called SELLOUT POINTS or SUCK UP POINTS as they have absolutely nothing to do with loyalty.
  16. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Thanks, Mepps! I've been wanting to go back to my original power and thought I'd have to wait till next month! This is just what I need!
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Perception error. A loyal member is a subscriber, hence loyalty points are granted monthly to subscribers. Premium players are not even members; they are premium, pick what they want and hence in total spent less money to the game than a permanent subscribed member does.
    • Like x 3
  18. Shifty Committed Player

wheres my LP. Ps3 member who remained Legendary during this time and logged in everyday as well..
  19. Nocturn X New Player

Oh ffs, you lot.
    Pretty sure the bar for the award was set at "those who had several hard reboots of their system per day trying to play the game" -- not "experienced a less than perfect game experience."
  20. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

I am a premium member as opposed to a legendary member or a free to play member. Quit sucking up and selling out with your double talk. There is no such thing as a PREMIUM. It is a description of something. In this case premium is a description of member just like legendary or free to play are descriptions of the type of MEMBER. Catch a clue before you reply to my posts please!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.