Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

One, you're exploiting a bug in your video.

Two, the preload rotation, which people have been using since the AM was on test, has been shown to not be the best rotation.
    • Like x 3
  2. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

I'm so disappointed with pvp and quantum. Maybe Im doing something wrong
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

Its below average as a Dps, and average as a troll. It is also plagued by the fact that the most powerful and popular powerset in PvP, HL, does everything it can do better. Honestly the only thing that keeps it from being down right depressing is Quantum Tunneling. Other than that it is best to try to find a healer to run with and just trol, because of how the Dps is.
    • Like x 2
  4. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

Yeah bro I might just have to. Thanks
  5. ForumJunky New Player

The test server on sparing targets don't prove anything, I have beat ever DPS that had used it and yes I havecbeay hades so there for I don't run with ****** DPS. What's the exploit?
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

If you want to play denial then that's your choice, but it isn't the best rotation. You can tell me tons of feats of Dpsing or scoreboards, but there's nothing about those that makes them really relevant without predetermined factors put in place and proof that context didn't skew results. So saying you beat Hades or scoreboard chased other Dps says nothing to disprove my statement that it is not the best rotation.

Watch Warped Reality.
    • Like x 2
  7. Flight Avails Well-Known Player

Yea any rotation with Warped reality or gravity well or any combo of the two is not the best. Go to any league base hit the combat tab and compare them across the board. Anomaly, time shift or warped reality.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol yo your killin that controller ... You're hittin so many buttons so fast when you're not even clipping anything but warp barrage wiyth warp reality... Lol let that controller breath (controller as in ps4 controller) otherwise cool vid nice job
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Why you so mean to your controller ?
    • Like x 1
  10. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

lol your poor ps4 controler you only have to hit the button once lol
    • Like x 1
  11. Agnetta Dedicated Player

He's doing that so he uses every power ASAP. If you just watch the animations and hit each button once, I doubt you'll use every power ASAP. Sure, you probably just lose milliseconds between powers, but it adds up. Have you played FFXIV? Check out any FFXIV video and you'll see people spamming their abilities before they're ready. Why? To use them ASAP.
    • Like x 2
  12. ForumJunky New Player

Thanks for that! Maybe we will play togather sometime, heard your a beast DPS. Haha
    • Like x 1
  13. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

To be honest this how it sounds when I dps with quantum. Only with quantum for some reason. If I don't press the buttons like that I will mess up my rotation. Haha
    • Like x 2
  14. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

If you want to be really good at pickups, you use both, and there so many one-shot risks in the game now. My default PvE troll loadout assumes that I will QT over to downed players, pop my shield so I can pick them up with low risk of interruption, and then revive them. The shield usually lasts long enough to bring down a supply drop too, and then I've got back some of the power I didn't generate while doing the pickup.

POT, Dump, Defense Debuff, Supercharge; that covers most situations. Space left for QT and Bubble. There are a few spots in the game where you need something else, and only then will I drop out one of two of the pickup assistants. Healing debuff, damage debuff, and a pull+stun pair are all useful in some fights.
    • Like x 1
  15. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I was just messing around it do the same thing lmao
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Is there any difference between Time Bomb > DW > Time Shift > Tachyon Blast, and Time Bomb > DW > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift?
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

I don't believe so. In the little testing I did on Time Bomb's multipliers the order of the powers didn't change the multiplier, with exceptions like Warp Barrage in certain situations. Only changing the powers used and/or the number of powers used changed it.
  18. shiny mackerel Committed Player

if you don't have max damage, ending with time shift will be worse since time bomb uses your current damage modifier at the time of the hit to calculate the multiplier. since time shift is used last, the multiplier will use a 35% instead of a 45% modifier. but with max damage, modifiers are pretty much eliminated from the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

Absolix I been doing some testing the past 2 day with a different rotation using WB first and then TB DW TS and TB. It hit alot harder but I lose power without a good troll. I know you said a preloaded Rotation is not the best Im assuming because its slower and the power lost. But why do it hit harder then TB DW TS AND TB. Follow with TB WB TS AND TB which is faster and better for power?
    • Like x 1
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

Note a preloaded rotation is typically has worse Dps. Your Time Bomb hits will be higher, but they will hit less often to the point that over time you actually do less damage. Dps is not just how high the damage you deal is, but how long it takes to deal it.

That being said the one time preloading is good is when you have to setup the Destabilized PI. You can then follow it with 2 Time Bombs with WB, TB, and TS which is actually more efficient than preloaded Time Bombs. Also with no need to manage WB's cooldown so you can preload again you can actually use WB twice in the preloaded Time Bomb for ever so slightly more damage. It only requires using one power that doesn't get power back every 13 sec, so 1 PoT tick or power dump will be plenty to maintain power.
    • Like x 2