A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. E Clip Dedicated Player

He did say his WM damage dropped so ..

Yeah thats my main issue with it and its why there is no way in hell I will be using it. Thing is we already said all of these things in the testing feedback thread, we got no response, so now we have to rehash the same thing all over again. Quite frankly Im tired.
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Ahh, misread him.

STOP MAKING SENSE!
    • Like x 1
  3. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I realized the problem

Before I used illusions with terror and menace
    now i need to set up dazed pi
  4. E Clip Dedicated Player

Yep, the illusion tree isnt so good now, I mean it still ok but the TK tree produces better dmg.
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yup. You'll probably still dive into the tree for Menace, but Terror is no longer the go-to for WM DPS.

It actually makes me vomit having to get Mass Hysteria in order to grab Menace.
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

First page updated.

See post 4 for information about the advanced mechanic. If you guys would check it over and make sure I didn't mess up anything that would be awesome. I kind of rushed through it, so I very well might have. Videos coming tonight or tomorrow.
  7. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

Just posted in that new thread Tunso put up as well. At the very least, they're asking, right? Lol silver linings guys! All is not lost.
  8. E Clip Dedicated Player

Well I just went LW with the intention to test the AM. I used WM from start up until the last room. Before the last boss fight I was still first but leading only by 100k difference. And this is the end score:

[IMG]

Note that the 2nd place DPS died towards the end, so he wasnt making damage the last minute of the raid. I did check the damage difference after we killed WW and I was 400k ahead. So in the space of like 2-3 minutes I increased the difference by 300k with WM even though I changed my neck white mod from Escalating Might to Fortified Blocking (pug safety etc :p). For me that was the one and only AM testing, I'm done with that sheyt :D

One its too risky, I died maybe 7-8 times by the time we reached the end boss, and on top of that it produces less damage than the WM which you can use from a safe distance.
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

They always put those up. They always ignore them. Those threads, particularly for powers, are just places for you to go and vent.

My first post has about 30 likes, and won't receive any attention or feedback from a dev. Between that thread as well as my response to Mepps in another thread when he asked what specifically I didn't like about the Mental update (ignoring duplicates) that post has about 40 likes total. Zero attention will be given to it. Nothing will change.
    • Like x 1
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

An Advanced Mechanic "How to Video". Not my actual rotation, but if there's anybody out there who doesn't quite understand how it works, this should help a bit.
    • Like x 4
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yup. Sexy Greenman. You never change ;)
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

and here's my AM rotation:

I'll have my WM rotation up later on today.
    • Like x 4
  13. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Thank you for all your work on this, Greenman.
  14. E Clip Dedicated Player

Yep thats perfect, but to maximize the damage use Pyro every other rotation.
  15. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

How much difference is there between that loadout and what I've been using..

WM into MassT/PsyRes/Menace > Flames > Shock > Bolt > MassT, and then clipping any of the AM powers with Menace as soon as it comes off cooldown?
  16. QuayQuay New Player

Mental's AM is more like awful mechanic. I kept getting further and further away on DPS board but as soon as I switched to WM rotation I caught up, steadily. I did crit like 15k with terror, of course at point blank, though the damage wasn't consistent enough.

as always, thanks for the new info greenman.
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I think Pyro grants higher DPS then Menace.
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I think if you clip rifle grenades the damage will be better, but it's not very impressive either way.
  19. E Clip Dedicated Player

Menace contributes with 2% of the total dmg output in a AM rotation, its really not good at all. You will see a significant damage increase if you swap it out with Pyro, but use it every other rotation, thats the optimal AM rotation and beats everything else I've tried by 1k DPS difference. And also dont use PsyShock, use TKP instead because apparently when the PsyRes is active our moves dont benefit from the PI of MT and in that case TKP hits for more.

OR

Dont use AM period. Its really not good at all.

Yep, my tests the last 2 days pointed towards this conclusion as well. I've talked to some other Mentals from EUPC and all seem to agree. They all tried it and they are not using it anymore.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I despise WM and Im still forced to use it.
    Welp.. im done. Ill just stick to controlling