The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardinal 728 New Player

I am sure it's some where in the 215 pages but I will ask any way. Which one should I have in my load out battle drone or speed drain
  2. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

It depends on how you like to play and what you're doing. Using speed drain (or word of power from the iconic tree) is good for those moments like "oh man the whole group needs power NOW!". Whereas Battle drone is better at preventing the group from ever getting that low on power.

Speed drain and Word of power: 50% supercharge. Takes a little longer to build up but great for quick recovery in tight spots.

Battle drone: 35% supercharge. If using the "extended supercharge" base mod in your chest socket, then having maximum supercharge built up means you can use it 3 times before needing to recover more sc. Also has the ability to draw aggro from time to time and also helps you attack. It deals minor damage but some is better than none.

For me I really enjoy battle drone when I'm trolling. It's like having a 3rd troll join the party for a bit and he gives you a bigger chunk of power when his timer expires, in addition to his power over time ticks.

For a full and accurate description of what everything battle drone does you should check out the beginning of this thread. TheDark has up-to-date information about all the gadget powers and you'll be able to determine which supercharge you like to use more.
  3. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

I just checked for you. The Battle drone description is about 1/3 of the way down on page 1 of this thread.
    • Like x 1
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I read over the post of Stealth. I'm really happy that the PS side is utilizing Stealth. It has always been my favorite power to use.

Not just for the damage side. Before Max Damage, me and Dark would come up with ways to maximize it's use with the improved stealth mod by timing our stealth to avoid 1shots. And scaring tanks at the same time, letting them know how squishy they really are lol
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I use stealth in all my rotations and loadouts...even PvP. There's not a single loadout where I don't have it.

Yeah I've been trying to tell this to Dark for the past couple days (I switched back to Gadgets for testing reasons) and I kinda want to promote some more stealth usage in troller form. I use it and laugh at others that are blocking against Carroll and I just stand there and take the hit like a boss lol.

But that's not the only advantage....you can apply a debuff like pDart in stealth form and it will stay active....unlike the other debuffs. pDart is also a great 8-man stun (though I'm not sure how it is now with nerfed Troll Stealth stats). You can place Thermite Mines and strategically place them in key areas around the room and activate Self Destruct and they can work like pulls and they offer great 360 CC (regardless of DOM). Implosion Mines cause knockups (regardless of DOM) and can cause a burning DoT for those Fire guys or for other Gadget users to take advantage of. You can use Turret in stealth now finally. You can activate Battle Display in stealth for a quick heal. You can throw in any other SCs you may need. And finally you can use defib in stealth just in case the group starts dropping immediately while you're in stealth.

I use stealth most of the time for the shield, the free CC/positioning from the mines, and for pDart's debuff/stun. Sometimes I can go crazy and just play entire sequences in stealth if the group rarely uses power. It's fun as hell.
  6. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Trust me. Me and dark came up with every single form of ways to make stealth works. We have pages of methods to take advantage of stealth. Both myself, dark and penryn have intensive Gadget discussion before we post them here. We make sure all of us agrees it's viable and do legitimate testing for this.

If I ever troll, I will always carry stealth.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I like to keep the signal in my stealth loadout. Depending on the way I'm using my loadout I'll keep WoP on that loadout as well. That free's up some spots when in troller role. Allowing me to use the Decoy for an 8 man stun and then using the signal for a juggle. Stealth is great for squeezing in some extra powers.

None of that hasn't already been put out there.... But stealth is awesome in either role.

I've used SB/Defib/GG/Stealth/Decoy/Robot Sidekick

Then in my stealth loadout carried NVB/Signal/HL Shield/Dart/Robot Sidekick/WoP

Stealth is pretty sweet. That's what I love about Gadgets though. It's versatility in what powers can be used/carried and how each can shine in the right spot.
  9. Grid Ion Committed Player

There are just so many things you can do with Gadgets right now, it really is amazing. Everyday I find myself changing loadouts and experimenting new stuff.
  10. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Rokyn/All - Question on PvP loadout.

Been think about Turret versus Robot sidekick, wanted opinions.

We all know from Dark's testing RS puts out more damage. However in PvP it seem he's often one-shotted/KO'd quickly just from splash damage. Turret however seems to have a little more staying power. Do we know if there's large HP differential?

Just your gut- overall which is better in PVP?
  11. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

I prefer turret. He sticks around longer (or so it feels) and he puts out power interactions that gadgets directly benefits from whereas RS does not.
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I honestly haven't tested a lot against RS since I always use Turret. My reason is because of my power point spec and I like that he does burning and some nice grenade attacks. If I could somehow get him to do the attacks he does in troll form....then hands down he wins. He can set up other PI and do CC in troll form and CC is handy when it comes to getting your opponent to waste a trinket, shield, or power.
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

I switched back to Gadgets yesterday. I ran like 5 L&W's and forgot to get everyone's power bar size for the vexor power leeching curiosity.

I may have time this week to make a quick PoT video for Gadgets. It'll most likely include the normal 25 second PoT, as well as casting PoT every blue tick for reasons (someone just got revived), and double & triple tick. I'm also trying to do a control effect immunity vid but that one will require more time since I want to show various NPCs.
  14. SpecEU New Player

Thats why im not switching back to mental, looks like the exact opposite of what gadgets offers in terms of variety.

Also bought an armory to try out the recently discussed hybrid builds, thats just too fun, gotta love gadgets for that. Props to the people who came up with those builds.

Ive tried to approach them with different characters and still see different numbers between roles, my ice tank doesnt even feel the power loss when my healer is dry in like 4 ticks. You dont need to go through the hassle tho, i think L&W is pretty much done with at this point and the "more active v-lanterns" fix looks like a fix to the bug you reported so i dont think well see anything new.
    • Like x 1
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

You guys think it's intended to be able to WM crit into Gauss Grenade then clip with Stealth and use P Dart for a crit ? I had this discussion with a friend earlier and I don't think it's intended.
  16. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Need some help in figuring out what's odd in the screenshot below guys.
    [IMG]
    Can any Gadgets Gurus please shed some light in clarifying on how did this player above can get 9,048 Might and 5,150 Precision during the whole raid?

Thanks very much.
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

The whole raid ? I know this site will still log your stats even when you sign out. Are you saying he had those stats for the entire raid ? If he is popping sodas and trinkets to keep it up yeah but indefinitely ?
  18. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Yes, the whole raid. I've been monitoring him for a several times now before/during/after our raid run. Before queuing, his stats are normal base stats. During the whole raid, his stats are like with steroids high on. After the raid it returns back to normal base stats.

Another question is, how much can a Might Soder Expert boost up Might stats? But in the case above, both his Might and Precision are buffed :D Or better yet an ATK Consumbale huh? :)
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Well he has 200 SP so thats even more stats. There are various variables to take into account as to why it's so high. Although I'm assuming he's always using his trinket whenever possible.
  20. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Can someone here from Gadgets with high enough SP close or around 200 replicate stats like the one on the screenshot?

If not one can replicate his buffed stats, then he's the only one i've seen who can only do that. And his DPS output is really a beast :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.