And Just like that GU 41 is ruined

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Seismicfesr, Oct 9, 2014.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If necro didn't cost replays, a lot of players would have just ran that over and over, and wouldn't have touched artifact. Maybe lockdown for the neck
  2. winter13 New Player

Mepps -
    You do realize you just made the lair battles meaningless in terms of progression right?? I'm taking it out of my rotation, even though I need the feats, because along with the feats I am also working towards my first piece of the Hush gear. There is no reason for me to run an instance that I have to run 3-6 times as often for the same reward. I'll just continue running Australia and Safehouse/Hostage until I finish those feats. Maybe when I'm done everything else I have to do I'll come back and work on the lair battles, because the rewards are near worthless now.
    • Like x 3
  3. DCUController New Player

funny because I reported something and yet it was ignored...

just saying report something and it never helps.
  4. DCUController New Player

this is what I dont get, aren't all opinions of YOUR cusomers suppose to count? Even if they aren't "hardcore" PvPers like some.
    • Like x 3
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Well, that doesnt mean you have to ruin PvP Lair Battles for those who enjoyed them as I feel not getting rewarded in some way anymore. Maybe thought that way? Obviously not!
    • Like x 4
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Bottom line imo is that players will start running the 4-8 and get crushed by the multiple league runs and get ran off from pvp. And the same players who are putting down there controllers/kb mouse in lairs will be doin it in the other maps. Might get into groups with multiple players like that
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It has to actually be a forum violation. If you have concerns, please feel free to contact forum-admin@soe.sony.com.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I play the content, all the content, I play because I wish to play it. You devalued all my T6 pve gear's prestige and I was angry, no one seemed to care tho. I got over it, I tried to look on the bright side, I was going to get a half decent return on my PVP gear as I earn my new set and get a small boost towards my League Hall, a much smaller boost but a boost none the less. Then you guys 10 percented that too! And on the very day I was going to donate my first piece.
    Many many other people got full value for their things and I got...well I got it.
    I busted tail for those things and I HAD them already just wasn't able to use them just yet. I don't feel that I'm out of line for being angry about this in the least bit.
    I earned my stuff the hard way, all on my own, never carried, never given too.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mageara Well-Known Player

I think they should bring back 1v1 lairs since they nerfed them this bad
    • Like x 5
  10. Blue Spectrex New Player

This NERF won't encourage people queuing 8v8 or 5v5s they will just hop to the next fastest queing match which will be 2s.
    • Like x 3
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Thank Zod for this comment.
    • Like x 3
  12. Tikkun Loyal Player

Node based 2s still require more of a time commitment than LB. Also, players are auto-kicked if they afk and don't leave the staging area.
    • Like x 1
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

Do they even remember there were feats attached? I'd run the other stuff but it doesn't load right on PS3 half the time. Can't do the map objectives if the thing I need turns invisible on me.
    • Like x 2
  14. winter13 New Player

This drastic reduction in rewards fixes nothing, and ruins lair battles for those working on feats and progression....period...end of discussion
    • Like x 6
  15. DCUController New Player

I have I PM'd spord about it and waiting to hear back from him

and I messaged you on this matter the day it happen and never heard back...
  16. Crimson Jonni New Player

So if you considered it a shortcut compared to other pvp modes, then why let it go on for so long? And furthermore, if such a change was made to an extreme for the sake of 'balance' why didnt the other rewards scale as well?

I doubt waiting for an extended period of time to get into a larger scale pvp map for 200 measly marks is a total turn off. I mean Hq pvp should be rewarding MUCH more marks by the logic you used above as it is far more difficult and strenous than lairs.
    • Like x 5
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

But those are more stable. LB are a pain because of their speed. I can't even tell how I'm getting torn to pieces half the time, I'm just dead inside of 10 seconds no matter what I do sometimes. And trying to do the other PVP feats, outside of anything gear progression related, are a pain since I'm never sure if the map loads right. Even 5v5 is apparently too much for PS3. Thanks devs.
  18. winter13 New Player

The devs definitely stirred the hornets nest on this one. Maybe a little more thought and discussion should have gone into this before making such as rash decision, and completely ruining lair battles.
    • Like x 2
  19. ACW37162 Loyal Player

3. There are a lot of rather cool styles in PvP. There are quite a few player who generally don't enjoy PvP in this game or any other game but grind through something they don't enjoy to get something they want. Some of these people just farm marks, I don't agree but I don't begrudge them as PvP here is easily the most frustrating aspect of this game for me. So, to earn PVP gear you have to PvP, cool. So now the people that are spending their game time in the game using their time to do something they don't want to be doing to begin with will A - have to do it more B - Give up on it out of frustration, both of which are negative outcomes for you and actually the more true pvp ers who complain.

Secondarily, not linked but corresponding, Legends PVE announced SOE Live rewards will include a MOL a PVP reward that allows purchase of legends characters a PVP will be granted for Legmeds PVE instance, that is unles the rewards are changed from the SOE Live announcement.

Anisairly, the nice new feature of up-gearing (I love this feature) of under or no geared PvP player makes all PVP gear up to elemental android worthless as far as gear goes , meaning it's only a style. So for every player who just kinda or passionately doesn't like PVP but say want to look like Robin or Elemental Andriod or Nightwing made their game experience, harder, more complicated, and less fun because a player who enjoys PvP either lost because of an inactive player or worse didn't get to feel good enough about beating him up throughly and standing over his head what is called tea-bagging them appropriately.

You may and from company line perspective have to disagree but there are valid points above.

It's also not lost on me how quickly this was accomplished.

I remember listening to Pez Fedota talk in the hallway about how many meetings and how much data mining was done before GU36 in regards to HL JC for fan. Three days into the new season, even if you devoted your entire staff, well this was still a hasty decision general rule not a fan of hasty decisions that affect large good if people but that's just me.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I would generally laugh at someone that would say what I'm going to say but more and more at least on the surface it looks like there is an intentional bias towards a select few out of the masses who can pull it off to get it all and get it fast before the peasantry can and then snatch it away.
    I hate that I'm actually starting to believe this, but there ya go.:(

I've seen many folks in pvp leagues that had full sets of gear in less than one and a half days, neck,rings,trink, everything and you know they farmed lairs to get it. I saw them there. It also makes you wonder how many loss farmers they were crying about weren't actually farming losses so much as giving up rather than having there faces beat in yet again by some smug "elite" pvpers farming their faces for marks.......hmmmm?
    • Like x 7