Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you missed the livestream, you can catch the replay at this link.

• Like x 11
  2. Abisial Committed Player

Any plans on changing the Standstill pose?
    • Like x 1
  3. KnightFalz Active Player

It shouldn't be complex and likely isn't. But, that wouldn't allow them to sell tons of variant looks.

Skimmers with different preset colours and looks will likely be available for sale not too long after the movement reskin is, with a box added to the interface for them to be slotted into so the new look can be applied to your character.
  4. DialH New Player

Not really, it could work like Hard Light Shield/ Sidekick V shield does-- auto colors from one of them on your palette :)
    • Like x 1
  5. CCTrinket Well-Known Player

I'm a little confused so even if u r not a member. Can u go to character creation and make a character with the skimming movement?
  6. crimeware New Player

If you are not a member you have to purchase access to it. Think of it as if it is a new dlc if you are a member you automatically get access to it if you aren't then you have to purchase it. Regardless if you are a member or not you will have to purchase a respect token after you gain access to it.
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Really enjoyed this movement. I have some characters who are waiting for him.:)
    Now it's just you do the super jump motion that we will finally have all the moves in the game of super beings.:D
  8. cravex15 Dedicated Player

OMG.... That's going on my Iceman toon.
    Done and done..... When is it coming out?
    • Like x 1
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

OK, that looks awesome. Will definitely be changing my troller alt to skimming.
  10. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello Everybody,

I loved the animation, the "skating" motion to propel your character was super smooth and cool, the body repositioning to maintain balance was also awesome. The discs though, were so generic, no glowing, no pulsing, no shimmering... no sense of any kind of energy or force causing the movement. It was like Skim Milk just stepped on two big white tablets that got stuck to his feet.

EDIT: I went back and watched the video again. The discs do glow, and I guess the "skating" motion is the action that creates the movement force? But what initially lifts me off the ground?
  11. CursedPwned New Player

WHOA THIS IS AWESOME i just hate the part when we have to pay from the market place or membership
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This fits the concept I always had in mind for Greenman when I made him originally. If I don't like the changes to SS, ill definitely change him to skimming.
  13. SumtegWong New Player

I couldn't see if anyone wrote it.. But in skimming mode can you still jump?
  14. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

That skimming looks great. Off the top of my head, it looks right for Mr. Miracle, Static Shock, Terra, Orion and Trickster and I'm sure there are plenty of others. Changing its color will be a must for all powers, though I could see Lanterns being particularly gung-ho for it. Ice users should be stoked.

Suggestion for the acro change: leaping (or something similarly named). Instead of acro cables they do a mighty pounce to get forward or up surfaces. Think Catwoman and the like, using super powered lunges to get around town. Could be a stretch just making a dramatic 'jump' animation for rocket assisted glide, but I'm drawing a blank for an adequate approximation to that, especially if future cosmetic changes let us strap on a jetpack, etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

It's flying; it does what flying does, so no jump cancels unless you ground.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There is a slight pulse off them if you look closer. It's kind of like an outline of the disc jutting outwards, or like a ripple in a lake if that makes sense...
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Highlight of the stream:

Mepps: "If you're not a member..."
    Green Lantern NPC: "GET WITH THE PROGRAM RECRUIT!"
    Mepps: "... ok..."

Not even the Clock King himself could have timed that any better.
    • Like x 7
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I was laughing so hard when that happened.
    • Like x 6
  19. Master Play Committed Player

Do I PREDICT A STATIC SHOCK LEGEND IN THE FUTURE?:eek:
    • Like x 3
  20. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I've been waiting a long time for Static
    • Like x 2