GU 41: PvP Season 3 Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

lol Tell me what you think of the combat featured here? The first video is my personal favorite, ACFA while the latter is the latest installment, ACVD.

You've gotta admire the high learning curve of this franchise. All PvP should possess a high learning curve with much versatility.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This is the type of incredibly bad logic that lead to the game being imbalanced in the first place. By this same logic you're suggesting that a power that can one shot someone or an entire team is acceptable because you can lunge that power.

It's incredibly nonsensical.
    • Like x 1
  3. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

I notice you are quite good with making straw man arguments. Try some other fallacies from time to time.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's actually perfectly within the boundaries you set, being that nothing is OP as long as there is a way to counter it. So redefine your terms if you disagree with what I just brought up.

EDIT: Also how'd Nyema scrimming Clutch work out for her? ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

This critique is merely an exaggerated interpretation of my perspective on balance. Notice in that very post that I have protected my argument by saying "within reason".

Once I return to the game this evening I will be receiving report of that battle with Clutch if it has already taken place. I'll gladly fight him myself though or send in my elite to wipe him out and any onlookers.
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Suggesting something can be OP within reason defeats the purpose of balance. Not to mention is completely contradictory. If something is within reason it is balanced.

No need. Oops.

I'm certain he'll be up for the "challenge".
    • Like x 1
  7. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

Excellent, now my plan has succeeded! You have provided evidence that the white mods are not "OP". Good going...Ha!

I knew both you and Nyema had the egos to make this possible.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea. That'd be possibly true if Nyema got a few counters off or demonstrated some upper level of skill. I suppose while we're at it we might as well start explaining to everyone that t3 and t4 gear is secretly better than t5 gear when it isn't modded. Pretty certain it would have been significantly more lopsided if clutch was using the mods ;)

Good luck using that to get white mods back in though. :)
  9. Giggles Loyal Player

Silver, we've been over this already, none of your videos proved anything. The only thing your videos demonstrated was 1) Acrobatics Rocket Assisted Glide is not bound by the same restrictions as Super Sonic or Speed Force, and 2) The only other things you demonstrated was that you were not on the test server that has all the incoming changes on it, coupled with the fact that none of your videos are an actual PvP match scenario, 3) most importantly, you don't know the difference between kiting and escaping.

Again in GU41, no shield prevents damage, it reduces the amount of incoming damage, so swoop to super sonic would not work regardless in a real combat situation. Like I stated above, the only thing you showed us is that Rocket Assisted Glide should be disabled in combat to match Super Sonic and Speed Force, and also make sure Swoop Attack and Back Flip Kick keep everyone in combat like any other ability. Then Super Speed is vastly superior to the other 2 because of a bug with flywheel that gives Speed an advantage over the other 2 movement modes. This is again why flywheel is being fixed in GU41 and 42.

Just like The Enquirer quoted for you yesterday, Super Speed is being fixed because it is not working as intended, as per page 6 of this thread. To make it easier for you, feel free to check The Enquirer's last few posts or my last post. The information from page 6 is there for you if you do not feel like going back to page 6 yourself. Nothing changes the fact that Speed is currently better than the other 2 movement modes in actual combat and it is being addressed proper in GU41 and 42, respectively. :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

Hmmm and here I thought Clutch was a random myth from the bowels of EU server. I've never seen that Hero yet in all my years until now. Very interesting. I can't wait to reveal my other ulterior motives for this in due time.
  11. JonnyD New Player

False, a good number of people went SS BECAUSE of Speed Drain. And for trolls, this wasn't even just for pvp but pve also. I remember blaspheming at SS on my gadgets for a good while, but the league stopped ******** about me not having a power back SC when the mental troll from our then small league of 10 wasn't around. I was originally flight. People may have come to realize over the time the kiting powers of SS, but that's not why EVERYONE went SS in the first place...every one of them (along with opponents quo'd try to match-queue against) would make sure to have SD on their loadout when they entered arenas as well. I realize this is "old times" and everything, but it is also part of the reason SS grew popular, and not just "icing on the cake"...hell, five weeks ago had at least 2 healers and 3 dps go SS for the same reason...wtf man, really?
    • Like x 3
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

Just because YOU changed for Speed Drain does not mean more seasoned players who have been here since beta did not already know about Speeds vast superiority in combat. I'm not even sure I can believe you though, because in PvE, it is clearly obvious that players with Super Speed get around quicker than those not Speed because of Flywheel. Especially when it comes to pick ups, and running away or getting away in a combat situation in PvE or PvP. Let's also not forget kiting with SS in PvP. Speed Drain was simply the icing on the cake.

Just because you did not realize Speeds full potential does not mean others were in the same boat. Either way, it is a matter of opinion, neither you or I have the ability to read others minds, however as someone who has been here since beta, I am pretty certain my opinion is correct. Most people play online games, will do anything for competitive edge, including respecing to Super Speed. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

First and all, i have to say that am disappointed of how this thread is coming out. Poor Tunso lol. Well i guess is part of the job.

After watching the videos posted, about how you can "kite" with swoop attack, and with acro glide, and then people talking about how using flight to spam attacks out of range, made me realize that most of the time, people that jump into test, won´t test things properly. Not pointing any fingers here, just speaking my mind. This reminds me of how I normally avoid the forums. While i do like a good argument, is just a hassle dealing with rants.

Anyways, here is the video i just did. Clutch helped me out on this one, so do Yziah.

About Acro:
    Acro glide can just be stopped by single grounding. This prevents it from obtaining a big gap/advantage from the opposite players. (I won´t go more in detail here). The videos shown on this thread shows it only with dots, etc. Not with actual grounding. Is susceptible to stuns.

About flight:
    Flight is the slower movement. Flight wont give in any means the horizontal gap between the attackers, and it relies heavily on just going up. Can be just easily stopped by grounding and stuns.

Now come on guys. If you are going to test, do it correctly.

#1: "Swoop attack kite":
    Not gonna happen. Watch the video. Once you swoop, yes, you can trigger Supersonic flight, but just 1 dot, and it stops right there. Not gonna happen in a 4s 5s scenario with dots/attacks all over the place. It will work although in open world vs a distracted player.

#2: Range
    This dissapoints me the most that no one in test server realized about it. None here realized this has been fixed in test server, and people is complaining about this all over the place. Watch the video (and btw, clutch proves how you can handle this with a single lunge).

About SS:

Tunso clearly stated: "t looks like there were two layers to this. One is a flat boost, which is what they removed. But there's a secondary component that's also adding some portion of your downward momentum to your forward momentum that's still there somewhere so they'll have to dig around to find where that's happening and fix it. This is a client side fix and we're past the window to fix most things on the client side. So unfortunately that means the rest of the fix is going to slip out until the next game update most likely."

If you watch the video, you can see how clutch even jumping and been grounding, needs only 1 IF to just get out of range. If you glide, still you can be stopped. If you fly, same case. If you use IF, you are stopped but you are already on the far side.

Am glad they are working on it, because as you can see, the other 2 movements can be managed, but SS only needs 1 IF just to give a bigger advantage over the other movements.

In my opinion, grounding should remain in 3 seconds, and yes IF should be addressed. Is not the same open world than actual pvp.

And really? PVPers that don´t want to engage in combat?
    • Like x 5
  14. JonnyD New Player

It also does not mean that EVERY seasoned player only changed to SS for the reason you listed and that alone, much less EVERYONE. Speed Drain is a factor in it for a good number of people, whether you like to admit it or not. And if you read carefully, it wasn't just ME, smiley face man.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Come on, you're just being intentionally argumentative. Everyone and their mother knows why people switched to SS and it wasn't to Flywheel kite in PvP.

1. They switched for Phase Dodge for the Phase Dodge era of PvE before the Dev's fixed that.
    2. They switched for Dash Attack during the Dash Attack exploit era before the Dev's fixed that.
    3. They switched for Whirling Dervish during the Whirling Dervish era of PvE before the Dev's fixed that.
    4. They switched for Speed Drain as a Controller supercharge before the Dev's changed Word of Power.
    • Like x 3
  16. Foe Evah New Player

Might as well do that for instanced pvp. I have a feeling acrobatics will be next.
  17. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Thrump made a video. Look clearly
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

Ok so you were not seasoned enough to see the advantages of Speed other than speed drain, no big deal. Just because you switched for Speed Drain and not Speeds superior ability to move around during combat, does not mean others did the same. No one wants to admit they switched to get a leg up on others, it's understandable.

What I am most interested in, is seeing how many of the people who claim to "love speed no matter what" will stay speed after this bug is completely fixed with flywheel in GU42. Hopefully we see more variety soon. Time will tell though. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This might be just about my favorite post here as of the moment. Thanks for taking the time out to do this.
    • Like x 5
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, this about invalidates the entire "movement modes are balanced" claim.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.