Hairstyles Update & Additions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Horrorshow, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Horrorshow New Player

What I cannot comprehend is why we have such a limited amount of hairstyles in the game. DLC 10 introduced players to the possibility of new hairstyles coming to the game. With the hairstyles we have currently in game, there is a lack of creativity and usability with them. I would love to be able to use my favorite face or head style with a hairstyle I like, but I cannot because the hairstyle cuts off every part of the face or head style. A great example would be any of the mask styles that go up over the head or the Wonder Woman Tiara and Circe Headband. Almost all of the hairstyles we have currently in the game do not function with any face or head styles. It is extremely obnoxious to have to use the ugliest hairstyle in the game (schoolgirl) just to see my Gemmed Circlet.

The thing I am trying to say is that just because the Developers might not think it will work with existing styles, doesn’t mean it is already working. The hairstyles you have in the game to begin with work with hardly any face and head styles. Please reconsider adding the DLC10 hairstyles and fixing broken hairstyles so they will function with face and head styles in front of it. What is the point of me acquiring that Iconic Wonder Woman Tiara if my favorite hairstyle cuts off the top of it?
    • Like x 12
  2. Liongale Dedicated Player

I think that's why they are not releasing new hairstyles for us at all, because of the clipping issues...

I would like a hairstyle I would like to use that doesn't even require a hat, like, if they have to even make it a wig as a Headpiece instead of hair to put it on so I could have hair I like!... but anyway, I agree with your point too. It's been a long time coming, so maybe some update focus could be improving hair all around.

(I also agree about the schoolgirl hair, argh! It's closest think to the twintails I want, but ick!)
    • Like x 1
  3. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

I would agree. Its been too long and they need more hair styles.
    • Like x 3
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I would love to see more customisation options but remember, what works on an NPC designed to look how it does in game doesn't necessarily work for our characters. I'm pretty sure the forums would be flooded with complaints if new hairstyles cut right through your Mr Miracle cape or your favourite style. Remember "hair" and "clothes" in video games don't observe real world physics. They are just models. The "clothes" can't push the "hair" out of the way, they just cut right through each other.
    • Like x 1
  5. Bzzzztt Active Player

I agree, and would also request and least ONE DECENT PAIR of high heeled shoes that are not boots. Like sme of the NPC citizens have, and I think Talia. Hard to make a "simple, mild mannered secretary or bank teller alter ego day job" outfit with the either A) ugly as Killer Croc with a hangover, or B) more suitable for dancing around a pole than for an office atmosphere footwear we have available now.
    • Like x 1
  6. AzraelR Committed Player

• Like x 7
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

I don't think it would be really hard to use the existing hairstyles as a starting point, and then just make some small modifications to them... (Like allow for two toned variants, apply cosmic/water/glowing textures to them...

Or in the case of the metalhead hairstyle female variant just chop the pigtails off the existing model and replace them with different pigtails. Kind of like what happens starting at 1:05 in this video...
    • Like x 5
  8. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

Oh good lord yes please!!!!!

For 3 years I've wanted this and have taken every chance I could to ask for some simple heeled shoes but still nothing :(.

As to the hair issue, I feel I've talked about this till I was blue in the face and have really said all there is to say about it. I do understand their reasoning but after all this time they really should have come up with something workable.

Truthfully I am quite use to hair clipping in many games so it wouldn't bother me all that much. Yeah it sucks but if its the price you have to pay, as long as its not to high of a price I can deal with it.
    • Like x 3
  9. JSnaples Committed Player

Yes put the facial hairs in another categories so us Males don't have to scroll through 50 hair styles that are all the same only with different chin hair
    • Like x 3
  10. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i want a bee hive hairstyle so bad.
    • Like x 3
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Okay, as a player of all-female characters?

This. Yes. More hairstyles.
    • Like x 3
  12. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

As they've stated its a clipping issue and they are damned if they do (complaints about clipping) and damned if they don't (complaints about lack of styles) perhaps they might consider a slightly lateral answer for this.

Create a database table where they maintain a style compatibility cross reference list. What it does is it won't allow you to use hairstyle X if you are using head style Y or back style Z and so on. When adding, or testing new style pieces they have to compare them with the existing stuff so instead of continually re-working them, simply say these two are not compatible. You'll still get a few who complain that their specific choices are not being met but I think this is the best middle ground.

This way the dev team are happier, less clipping issues and the players are happier, more styles to choose from.
  13. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

Totally agree with new hairstyles and highheels. I've been running with the same pair of shoes for 1,5 years and why? Because of some clipping issue that happens when my char's hovering? Don't make me laugh, show me a style in DCUO that doesn't have clipping issues first.
    • Like x 1
  14. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I want these hairstyles.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

again thx to the ps3 , it cant handle any more customization and hair styles. excetra , if the game was ONLY on ps4 and pc it could be done
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

thats the reason we cant choose a hair style. then choose a beard, and then add sideburns if we want cause of the ps3's memory or lack there of, at this point in the game, if this games character customization was like Star wars galaxys everyone woud love it
  17. Foe Evah New Player

I would understand that reasoning (as they've given that at stream themselves), if we didn't have to live with clipping issues already in game. A lot of head pieces, chest, and cape clip with current in-game hair styles, especially female ones, and many people don't seem to mind. I think that's a "sad excuse." The wig as a head piece is a good idea, though!
    • Like x 2
  18. Horrorshow New Player

The Developers have this mentality that if it doesn't work or it cannot be part of something, it should not be part of the game. New hairstyles could definitely work. Who says players have to wear a face or headstyle on their character? They are not giving those players who just want a nice looking hairstyle.
    • Like x 1
  19. John Brawler Committed Player

it's not "thanks to the ps3" because they chose not to include it in the beginning, not "oh we planned more but memory" they didn't do it in the beginning because they didn't want to, they use clipping as an excuse because they already have styles and items in the game that could be adjusted without using any memory more then maybe 6 bytes. they didn't do it, and they don't wanna fix it, so how about you stop going into these and saying, "blame ps3" we get it, you don't like ps3, so how about talk about the things that are actually caused by that and stop blaming everything on it because you can't deal with the fact that they aren't dropping it yet.
    • Like x 2
  20. wulff420 New Player

i also would love to see more hair and more custo i always want that i love starting a new character and customizing them its like an empty canvas to a painter. i dont know abouyt memory and techniq specs maybey if they add more custom options they could only be added to pc and ps4 so as not discontinuing support to ps3 so those who cant upgrade or wont dont have to unless they want more stuff like certain aspects could be excluded from ps3 but also give them something they can handle too like selectively choose stuff they can and cant do or whatnot i dunno, but more custom options would be awesome. i always want games to allow me to put like giant long hair on dudes an they never do like **** length hair for a dude toon would be cool if it looks male you know but big hair would rock and id like ssj3 goku hair on toons lol