The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was noticing today in the Necropolis raid that Halvard's Dregg adds appear to be very susceptible to crowd control powers. Sticky Bomb worked almost every time I wanted to break up the Dregg pile. That is a handy tricky if your tank is tanking Halvard on the center pillar. If you let the Dreggs crowd around the tank, Halvard might end up running around them and into an artifact field.
  2. Troll Zama New Player

I seriously just did Necro and noticed this. I thought the tank had explosive block or violent breakout, then inspected him and saw that he didn't have either.
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

For damage, Staff's range weapon mastery combos do more than BR. One combo is a little stronger than DW WM to explosive shot. It doesn't beat the damage from HB WM combos. That info is taken from here.

I checked it out and Staff's hit combo meter tiers are...
    0 to 9 is tier 1.
    10 to 24 is tier 2.
    25 to 49 is tier 3.
    50+ is tier 4.

Flip Burst Mastery is tap melee (tap square), hold melee (hold square), hold range ( hold triangle). Unless I was melee controlling I probably would use this one. If you used at range, you'd miss out on the first hits from the tap melee (tap square) and hold melee (hold square). You'd only be registering hits from hold range (triangle). Pulling that hold at full supercharge though does higher damage than any of the WM combos of the weapons mentioned above.

Mortar Mastery can be used at range but I found the timing to enter each tier was different depending on my range from the target. The closer I was, the quicker I was able to enter the next tier.
    To reach tier 2 with Mortar Mastery at melee range it took 4 seconds (longest was 6 seconds at mid to far range).
    For tier 3 it varied from 11 to 14 seconds depending on the distance of the target from me.
    For tier 4 it varied from 24 to 27 seconds.

Mortar Mastery does focus spin, i think that's the name, then does mortar. Focus Spin deals a knockdown control effect and that's always pushing your target away from you assuming it is a NPC that does not breakout.
  4. Dr Obnoxious New Player

I thought that hit counter affects sc generation, and dw into bow is aoe/aoe. Might be wrong regarding sc generation tho.
  5. chipzes Committed Player

Hit counter affects sc generation, number of targets doesn't affect hit counter though.
  6. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I did a comparison with weapons towards my rotation.

Dw had better results for it then hb.
    Because gadgets dots does crit with wm, and explosive shot hits hard, it works. Hb is still good but for those who lean towards precision, hb would be better. Depending on how you mod. If that makes sense
  7. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I got the 94 dual wields in the raid the other day and decided to give it a try since i was sick to Hb and i like it a lot. Its quick and does good damage, but Hb does hit harder and noticed people in my league were keeping up more since i started using it but i still like it better for some reason.
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

From what I gather,
    It depends on how you mod your dps gear. Traditional Gadgets usually mods their reds prec and might while the off colors are either might or precision (In favor of Weapon Mastery).

Both HB and DW are very viable DPS weapons. Each one will always be viable, but DW with a short duration can take advantage of the Might Crits we do while having dots up and very strong burst. HB, with a slightly longer duration, gives a stronger ending precision hit. But again, both are still very viable and both hit very hard.
  9. NaumNML New Player

Curious, what is everyone using to Troll? I usually run MA and do a pretty good job, but I'm getting to the point I can almost start WM another weapon (I WM my primary then go crits and vit). Was thinking DW for the quick WM, but wanted to hear thoughts.
  10. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

With the new gear being heavy on might do you think it would be better to mod straight precision in the red sockets instead of prec/might?
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

HB combo to Explosive Shot is powerful compared to DW combo into Explosive Shot. So over a set amount of time (depending on what's going on in the raid, build specs, and powers & other tools used for damage) the numbers should be close. But possibly still a favor HB.

I use HB sometimes for its damage and just use regular pulse beam for regen but the thing I don't like about it is the amount of time it takes to hit Defib. If power consumption by the team isn't an issue, I'll use it. Otherwise I want something quick and that's when DW or BR comes in.

I did a survival mode with one Controller who was using HB into explosive shot and hit Recharge. The problem was this guy was using it every other combo and not after every combo. That combo is long. I think it's like 4 or 6 seconds. Do that every other combo and you're only hitting Recharge/Defib every 8 to 12 seconds in high power consumption groups. Power out by the both of us was average considering I had to carry him but it could have been way better by adjusting the rotation and using trinkets.

Because I had to make up for his delay in recharges, my damage out was also lower than it could have been which bothered me. I beat him in damage out and out powered him by a large amount anyway but it just could've been a smoother run. So it's important for Controllers to pay attention to combo length.

DW into Explosive shot is quicker. I'll use Flurry Shot Mastery to regen power but it's definitely not as fast as regular Pulse Beam from HB or Shuriken Storm from BR.

Also, just incase anyone was curious of the power reduction Shiny has it in that link I posted above.
    DW Flurry Shot mastery saves 5% on Defib.
    DW Explosive Shot mastery saves 11%....

BR Shuriken Storm mastery saves 5%
    BR Enhanced Shuriken Mastery saves 14%

HB Explosive Short Mastery saves 18%
    HB Arrow Fling Mastery saves 12%
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

BR. Fastest regen from Shuriken storm but weak damage. Good single target damage from enhanced shuriken.
    DW. Ok regen from Flurry Shot and weak damage and decent speed. Explosive shoot is quick AoE for good damage.
    HB. Fast regen off non WM Pulse Beam combo with weak damage. Explosive Shot Mastery deals high damage but takes around 5 seconds i think.

Those are the only ones I played with. I tried out the staff for the info above last night but I'm not use I'd use it. I didn't like the damage or regen speed.
  13. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

You should still mod it prec/might. It really depends on what you mod on your off colors.

DW>Explosive Shot will always be slightly weaker then HB>Explosive Shot because of the duration. It's intended to be stronger. However, the amount of times your able to get the crit bonus and the burst is more often then HB, giving you a might base advantage and the WM attack itself. That's what you have to keep in mind.
    • Like x 1
  14. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I was originally using hb into arrow fling for trolling but dw just feels like the best fit on both dps and trolling side, not to mention i build my supercharge up very quickly as well.
  15. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Ok cool well i've been modding precision and might in my reds except for my rings i have straight precision in them. Right now i'm sitting at over 4800 might and over 2600 precision.
  16. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

hmmm...u should test out HB more with that stats. But if you enjoy DW, stick to it. I'm sticking with it atm.
  17. Dr Obnoxious New Player

I was wondering till which point is worth moding might in your gear. Like the point where moding might rather than precision gives lower results dmg-wise. If anyone has done any test regarding this problem,please share your information,if not, I will do some tests with lower tier mods.
  18. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

The bonus precision(+62 over six seconds) for the defib power cost is negligible at best. The amount of power you'd shoot back at the team is very little and not really worth the cost of a Defib cast.

That said its your choice. Its just not very efficient.

As for the increase for super charge thing that's based on the hit counter. When a player hits once with their weapon it will deliver 9 ticks of power and super charge. Getting to the next tier will restart those ticks and increase the amount of power and SC. That number of return increase's with crossing into higher tiers.

Whether that's an AoE attack like BR>MA(shuriken) or a single target like DW>Bow(flurry shot) doesn't really matter. It's where the hit counter changes tiers and how fast the hits occur. You probably are aware of all this but your previous post was worded in a way writing this would seem helpful.

Using something that will hit quickly will help with getting procs for NVB. Also you can use NVB in conjuction with INT. NVB is basically the weak version of INT. NVB will do some additional things such as increase critical chance with thrown objects, increase defense slightly shortly etc. INT will have a chance to proc as long as the cooldown is going. That may be a good swap for Defib or one of the pets your planning to use if you choose to do so.

The robot Sidekick and the Turret will explode if not in your stealth loadout when you switch over. You can put the sidekick in both your normal loadout and in your stealth loadout and avoid losing him when you change stance(enter/leave stealth). The turret and sidekick cannot be out at the same time.

Hope that helps!
  19. Dr Obnoxious New Player

Yea I was not aware how sc gen works, I always thought it depends on amount of mobs u hit. Basicly supp turret is only used for clipping so I dont need to have that in my stealth loadout, but sidekick should be, thanks for that. And I would use nvb amd defib in my stealth loadout only every 45 sec just do add some xtra dmg to my weapon attacks, but I will have to test out if its worth doing so rather than going into another WM combo, which I highly doubt, tho I like the idea with stealth giving you another 6 slots for spell versatility. Thanks for the info!
    • Like x 1
  20. chipzes Committed Player

Defibrillator is pretty much useless for DPS. You use more power than you return and the buff of 62 Precision (6.2DPS) for 6 seconds is nothing considering we are at 304 weapon DPS and 2600+ Precision (560+ actual DPS). It is really just wasted power. NVB is crap too imo but that's arguable at least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.