The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avian Dedicated Player

I noticed that some people use Stealth on their DPS loadout to use Bunker Buster, what is the gain of doing that?

Edit:
    Nvm. I figured it out :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Dr Obnoxious New Player

I was wondering if its possible to clip bunker buster with venom boost + defib, before the bunker buster animation starts and breaks stealth, cause that'd be dope . I cant check that out at the moment so if anyone could do that and let me know I would greatly appreciate it.thank you in advance
  3. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Sorry - dumb question. What was broken?

-Zurr
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

They weren't doing anything before.
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Anyone else notice this?

"Powers
    Controllers
    ·Defibrillator, Psychic Empowerment, Recharge, and Temporal Extortion will now target group members that are not already full on power."
    From here. I wonder if there was some bug with instant power heals going on since the DLC launched or if it's finally addressing the Virtual Power Cap issue Darth brought up?
    • Like x 1
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure the moment you hit Bunker Buster you're out of stealth no matter what you clip with. I might check it out but I'm not a fan of testing supercharges anymore. Takes too long.
  7. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

It's pretty much exactly what you said. SC's will instantly knock you out of stealth.
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

k
  9. NCR RANGER New Player

So what's everyone's loadout for lockdown?
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

I used Sticky Bomb, Gauss (didn't use stasis field because of the risk of encasing the adds), defib, battle drone, distract, and I can't remember the last slot. I think it was decoy or foam. I should've used Stealth but didn't have it in the armories I equipped. After a few wipes, I was able to escape Kraze, i think that's his name, teleport attack but it would've been easier with Stealth in my loadout.

Other than that the stuff in my utility belt is different than what I carried before this dlc. I basically nerfed my damage potential in Controller stance. I take in PDF V expert. I'll get the VI level ones after I have a few more marks. It's like an extra 800 damage protection. I take 2 vit trinkets to cycle and a supply drop. Last slot is the Next soders.

I've only had a chance to run it twice. So I don't even have a loadout or armory set in stone for it. First run was with a PUG and it was a fail. Second run was with the league I'm in but a couple wanted to go to sleep and I think another person just didn't have the patience. We got up to the lasers and that was it. I've been wanting to run it much more often but there is a problem with running into the right roles that are online or just not running it because folks are not into it.

Anyway, I think I'll just stick with what I have above but just keep stealth. Only time I used Decoy is when the tank went down but that only happened like twice... can't remember. There isn't a need to stun anything so desired control effects aren't going in my loadout. Aside from the lack of controlling content yet again, It's a fun raid.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dr Obnoxious New Player

Im so jealous, I wont be able to play for another week,and once I get back I have to finish my final work on college.
  12. Dr Obnoxious New Player

Btw, how long cooldown does neo venom boost has in comparisment to stealth. More precisly, are we able to cast nvb+defib, wait for stealth cd and cast bunker buster without needing to recast nvb+defib. In that case nvb cd should be twice longer than stealth cd is.
  13. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

This is what i have been using, at first i was using stasis at the beginning to encase those engineers that were going for the artifact and the lungers but it seemed like gauss was working just fine plus i could clip it with cryofoam for the extra damage. I know i've heard you guys saying that stealth helps protect from one shots but what other way do you guys use it in troll stance?
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

Idk about anyone else but that's the only way I use it in PvE. Stealth doesn't do much else other than maybe let me use a power by putting it in Stealth loadout. That's assuming the power I want to use can go in the Stealth loadout.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

NeoVenom's cool down is 45 seconds with 15 seconds of a chance to PROC off weapon damage for might based PROCs.

Stealth has a 30 second cool down.
  16. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

This is what i thought just wanted to make sure though thanks i'll try it out.
  17. Dr Obnoxious New Player

Aight, thanks for the info. NVB+defib are good choice for some extra dmg while SC is filling up. Ill test out next loadout when I get back : NG,CF,intim,suppressor turret, stealth (NVB,defib,BB) and for 6th power either statis field or robot sidekick.
  18. Kiba95 New Player

What do you think about staff for a primary troll/secondary dps gadget?
  19. Dr Obnoxious New Player

Staff is like meh, not really good not really bad. Staff WM goes single into aoe dmg output,and its relatively fast. Better option would be dual wield since DW WM goes aoe to aoe (youll fill up your SC fastet),and DW WM (dw into bow) is quicker than staff one. Those are just minor differences, if you like the look of the staff and its animations, go for it,after all you shouls play whit what makes you most comfortable. Btw, imo brawling into martial arts is the best since its the fastest wm out there,but keep in mind that you gonna run out of power if you keep spamming spells without enough vita.
  20. chipzes Committed Player

How does aoe/single target make a difference for SC generation? The hit counter isnt affected by the number of targets hit.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.