Work in Progress: Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poo New Player

Unfortunately, the general population, in this game, is not mature enough to have that information about others.
    • Like x 3
  2. AzraelR Committed Player

I was reading this thread now. The idea is great, but wait, one second...

Why? Why this?
    Why limit the time?
    I don't like it. Survival mode has to be free to players play every time they want.
    I agree with the rest, but limit the time I see no reason.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cara EL Well-Known Player

You just made my dream come true!! :D
  4. Sivulla Dedicated Player

I would enjoy cosmetic rewards, mostly cool styles or fun pets.
  5. Ryder New Player

well all the old rare styles are now easy to get so we dont need more gear we can already buy with marks. personally i would love some styles EXCLUSIVE to survival mode and also some base items would be cool. and maybe some cool pet trinkets or something.
  6. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

WELCOME TO ROULETTE'S META BRAWL!!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Skirmish Well-Known Player

Making the event avaliable for limited amounts of time is a BAD IDEA. The Survival Mode should be avaliable at any time a group chooses in much the same way Scrimmages are for PvP, I see no good reason for not making it avaliable whenever a team wishes to group up for it.
    • Like x 3
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

hoping this is always in the game and the map and adds, bosses rotate. Also making it reset daily and the lockout for getting to a certain # of waves. Having a timer imo is just wrong and easy mode. I saw some1 suggest this and saying eliminate dps from it. Dont think the person thought this thru. It would b easy mode as u could bring 2 tanks 2 healers and 4 trolls and pop grp shields over and over. It should b how it is on fnl atm and leave it at that. Survival mode means u need 2 kill the wave u r fighting 2 survive imo. Not running and hiding and waiting for a timer 2 expire. These people that r just dps haters need 2 stop. And most if it is from running with bad dps that use tons of power an do low dmg then yell 4 more pwr. If u have run with people like this then ignore them and make sure u dont run with em again. This new and creative survival mode should not be ruined by getting rid of dps for it because some people have had bad experiences.
  9. BatmanRebirth New Player

I completely agree with this idea. It'll be an excellent mid to end game time killer and I also agree with what someone said earlier with having Marks of Survival where there would be a specialty vendor for unique styles or base items. Though I do think a fun reward could be a consumable that increases feat points. Nothing too crazy but it would allow other means to attaining SP.
  10. xRyujin New Player

I think that this should also be tied to mechanics in game and player development. There should be a progression of mechanics that force people to get better (not just tank& spank). Implement Nexus & Paradox room and boss mechanics that force people to figure out signs of an incoming attack, dodge at the right time & work together as a group overall. The emphasis should be on incremental number of adds, actions and dmg (like it was in paradox where we would get 3 bosses on the map at the same time).

For example the nexus last room mechanic (the aoe devastating strike) implemented in the first 5 levels of the "survival" should not kill you - just leave you really debuffed / low hp. The longer you go down the line, it should be a on hit. (if you don't make it to the bubble in time)

Adds should inherit boss mechanics (ravager, opressor, auras, dmging auras etc...). Combine a warrior ball with the aura from the 2nd and 3rd room in nexus - if it hits you, you get the aura. if every1 dodges it - it's good. - nex/para are just recent maps (don't forget BG bosses, Bc2 bosses, bc3 bosses etc...).

Use this survival mode to increase cohesion and synergy within groups - not just a way to add another boring hack&slash mode.

4 and 8 Players should be there - ITS A MUST. Tinker with team composition forcing people to play 2/2/2/2 or 1/3/2/2 etc... Make it random so that a stage that requires a 2/2/2/2 composition may hit you early on which means it will be easy or it will be in latter stages meaning you are pretty much meant to fail that one if the team composition ain't right.

They should be infinitely playable without replay badges like pvp games.

Scrap the time idea - they should be made "queue ready" - check other mmos that are hitting the market (good artists paint, great artists steal - use it to your advantage - *check the star that's going wild or our brothers from another universe).

If the challenges are great, the reward is already in itself there. However if you want you can implement style items as rewards -
    - each n levels completed without being knocked out (even if you're rallied or not) - get a cape with that style number.
    - each n levels get a base item (painting /statue)

Oan Cells is not really good for such an idea - give us an environment that works for us as much as against us (paradox pillas & bubbles). Oan Cells is just a blank 4 way circle - not really good. Players should develop a sense of environment awareness as well. Hiding behind a pillar makes you avoid an attack, etc...
    - idea for area mechanics - shields that spawn on the map when a devastating attack should be dodged.

This is a great idea if it is the sum total of everything that has been implemented so far and if you slice&dice what you already have to create an infinite possibilities survival mode.
    • Like x 1
  11. BigWaveDave68 New Player

This is really what's in store for DCUO? I'm bored of it already and it hasn't even come out yet. Where is the creativity????
    • Like x 2
  12. Burnt New Player

Yeah, not an original idea at all. I'm bored of this after five minutes in every other game it's been in.
  13. BatmanRebirth New Player

What original ideas do you have in mind?
  14. Bowerbird New Player

- The batman inspired mask :p non tradeable after purchase of course
    I want a solo version too, with a way of determining the marks reward based on player level and how far we progress in the survival mode

maybe could do
  15. DarkLegendDCUO New Player

Hey, i have na good ideia i think.. Like:

"""Derio said:
    “Devs can you please reconsider the rewards and put incentives such as:
    1. Marks
    2. Rare styles
    3. Rare base items
    4 Exobits/Bytes

Or

5. Come up with a new mark( Mark of Survival) and players will use these marks to purchase items from survival vendors.
    Survival Vendors hold:

1. Automated turrents( stacks of 12)
    2. Defense Orbital strikes
    3. Rare styles
    4. Rare Base items
    5. Party pack sodas
    6. New Rare trinkets
    7. New Hairstyles( I know what devs said but this could be for in the future).
    8. Free teleporters( HQ, Base, police stations/hideouts)
    9. Synthetic Mods( T6 and higher)
    10. New Rare emblems""""""

I agreed about the vendor, but some things need a rank, i explain.
    Ex: Today i go with 1 team and i can reach to level 90, my personal record become to level 90. Next day other team, i can reach to leve 92, so my personal record become 92..
    In vendors, some rare styles or others items, (the best epic and old school Batman Inspired Mask) need 98 personal record for exemple, it's like a CR, but about suvival level, and need "Marks of Survival" of course. I think make the game more fun because people need to work more to reach the level for certain items and making that harder to get.

PS: Please make sure the survival mode will be really hard to complete each wave.

I hope be a good idea, im not english so i say sorry about my NOOB english and i hope i was expressing me good for my idea..

^^
  16. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

I'd really like to see a few marks attached to each of the higher milestones to add another bonus to getting farther. But to make it high enough that people don't just turn this into another way to farm for marks.
  17. Dump Truck New Player

The rewards, quantity and quality, should be tiered along with the difficulty you progress to.
    • Like x 1
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I this replaces the Vault... a place to get Vault drops, exobits, and exobytes...... Hooray!
    Will it have a daily lockout? or weekly? any rewards?
    I dislike being the open world janitor and picking up exobits. I'd rather fight for them at a potentially faster rate of exobits found if i were to put on the janitor outfit. (leave exobits in instances where they are, for an option) I also dislike the Vault. I'd prefer combat to earn the Vault loot with an increased chance for rare Vault drops as you survive longer.
    I'd enjoy Vault drops, exobits, exobytes, Marks, Auras, and soder colas as rewards for Survival mode. (realistically, not expecting auras in loot table, but please do not include furniture loot. I dislike the housing, sidekick, etc from that dreadful update that forever made balance more unmanageable for the poor soul that has to balance the game and added furniture to loot tables. The furniture is not even sorted in their own listing of a menu i never view or use. hehhehhehheh sorting is an challenging issue.)
  19. White Falcon New Player

Maybe intervals would be better. Like a break every 3 waves or something to keep the momentum going a bit more than a break every wave.
    • Like x 2
  20. White Falcon New Player

YES!!! Base items are the bane of my dcuo experience these days. The fact that 4 out of 5 lockboxes I get contains a base item has made me resent base items altogether. Getting them from this (somewhat gimmicky) mode will cause me to boycott it altogether. Seen as this content doesn't actually strengthen our characters please make the drops worthwhile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.