Why is Harley so powerful?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by EconoKnight, Apr 23, 2014.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I see a lot of people using Harley, and I know why. I just went through several lair battles, and Harley was killing me in 3 hits or less. And it was different players using Harley, so I don't think it's a hack.

I just don't understand why I'm only chipping away tiny bits of their health bar, but they kill me in 3 hits. Hope you don't blink; you're dead.
    • Like x 1
  2. Heero New Player

She's a Hot Killer Clown..... what doesn't make her dangerous? :p
    • Like x 9
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It's literally impossible to K.O. anyone in legends in three hits, not even CW can do it who has the highest burst potential at the moment.

If you're getting killed that quickly, you're more than likely getting countered a lot and getting hit by their team mates.
    • Like x 2
  4. savageprime New Player

A good harley is a clip artist so you may have visually seen three when in reality you were hit with 6 multiple times. Every 1 visual hit equates to 1 visual + a clip hit in.
    • Like x 2
  5. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

harley's the most underrated legends character hands down. she's dangerous in the right hands.
    • Like x 6
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

wow really? a nerf harley thread now? i never thought i would see the day...i guess ole superman is next eh?
    • Like x 7
  7. realTREDD New Player

skilled players use both lunge and flipback to dodge your higher power attacks all while holding square once which hits really hard if u get the timeing down shes a beast
  8. realTREDD New Player

i hope hes just asking for advice
  9. DC-Doll New Player

Actually the OP is right. Harley is turning out to be fotm at least on pc. I've also noticed that sometimes niw her whirling dervish isn'?t vulnerable to block. Is she broken?
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

No she's not broken, her number one is definitely still vulnerable to block. She's weaker than she was previous to the last GU so she definitely isn't FOTM either.
  11. DC-Doll New Player

I have better things to do than go back and forth with "yeah she is...no she isn't" garbage, but I know what I saw.
  12. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Harley's #1 is blockable DC. But if they cancel it and clip a BB to catch you blocking they will melt down a good chunk of your health.

Also, you might have clearly seen them use the spin, you block, and them not get punished. This can easily happen if they have immunity. You'll get immunity as well from this interaction but it will not put them on their butts because they have immunity as well.

And to the OP...she has the most Health out of all the Legend characters excluding Two-Face who ties her. So depending on what toon you are using it will seem like they are hardly taking any damage compared to you. To give you an idea, Harley has 2K more health than John Stewart and Steel. Yes...2 thousand.
    • Like x 2
  13. realTREDD New Player

no people just clip out of it so fast u still get animation without the damage it apears she still preforming WD but she isnt it can be hard to tell though, and no i dont think she is fotm, she just got her health reduced by a k, very balanced legend imo
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Harley has one of the highest HPs, second only to two face last I checked.

That makes her beefy and hard to take down, combined with her CC and backflip(dodge) she's one tough cookie, and what would you expect from Joker's number 1 girl?

As for offensive, The spin is bait, that's what it is. The mechanic doesn't have a constnat spin, but instead every half second - second she will employ an attack while the channel is going. This means there are gaps in the spin. If you block, you very well may be blocking during that gap. That is where the bait comes in. Me spinning is not to do damage primarily, it's to make you act. Most players will block, and if you do I simply cancel my spin with a blockbreaker and laugh at you on your butt while I do a quick 2hold/clip. So then good players realize this and they might lunge me in anticipation of the BB, well if I'm better I don't just assume they are going to block, but instead react, so I react to the lunge and block.. again you're on your butt and I'm laughing. Ok ok, so you tried block, you tried lunge, lets see if a BB works, well no... that's your worst options, NEVER BB harley unless you KNOW you're gonna get it or at least not get countered yourself. As if you do this I lunge you catching immunity leaving me open to do a full home run swing, and that's where you see the enemies health bar just *poof*.

And just to repeat, if you get lunged while you're BBing harley... be prepared to take a 3 hold combo and have close to half your health disappear in one rotation. She's a nasty girl, don't underestimate her!

Harley is easily a higher tier character, she's not OP, but as close as you can get without breaking that IMO.

WINNER AND STILL CHAMPION!
    • Like x 6
  15. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

You mean what you "think" you saw, huge difference. Remember lag can play a factor & you don't have full understanding of the mechanics, as someone stated the spin isn't a constant hit, but rather multiple occasional ticks.

If you want proof it's blockable just scrim someone & hold block while they just use number one.

Actaully, TF and Harley share the same health as huntress, NW, Batman, Robin and joker since the health adjustments. Obviously this isn't including buffs or changes in health due to SCs :D
    • Like x 2
  16. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Well fine then smarty pants. lol...I will admit I did not know that Huntress, NW, Batman, Robin, and Nightwing had 6900 Health. I thought they were all at the 6500 mark for some reason. Go me for assuming!! ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. John New Player

you just now know this I been using her since beta Prime Wolf DaWizjr DaGoonjr Real Light and Bet Money
  18. thelostczarnian New Player

to me... the trick to harley is completely skill based because you HAVE to counter your enemy first before you can ever see harleys REAL damage. no issue here...moving along
    • Like x 2
  19. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

A lot of ppl have felt my wrath in Legends. Harley is my main Legends Toon.
    • Like x 1
  20. KidVicious93 Well-Known Player

Forget that, why are dps using DP is it fotm?