WM Has Officially Kill The Controller Role

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rox, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Radium Devoted Player

And if you want to be a sheep and start solo trolling then it probably will.

But don't think that its going to be the norm. I don't care how low WM is going to bring power use, 2 Trolls are still going to be better than one.

Maybe 3 trolls is gone for good, but 2 will always be there.
    • Like x 8
  2. ShadyMilkman New Player

I dont think that Mod can proc that often. Im pretty sure its a once every 15 second thing.
  3. oOChiddyOo New Player

lol this is hilarious. he has to be trolling. no pun intended lol
    • Like x 4
  4. Rox New Player

For the damage he was putting out that is way less power usage than it should be. The reason he has a surge in power usage is when he re applies his DoTs and between does he does a burst damage move that leaves a dot every 2-3 seconds which is enough for a controller to power him back to full quickly.
  5. Rox New Player

Yeah it's once every minute, but time flies as they say and there's also his sparring target which is a bad version of a controller.
  6. Little Sister New Player

Controller's do more than just put out power. Maybe now we can get back to our roots.
    • Like x 8
  7. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Who said it has to be 5 DPS'es? Solo Trolling, ok that's fine doesn't matter to me but if people are going to be better with blue bar than im not seeing the problem here.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It is exactly what people wanted from the controller role, yeah. It's exactly what people have been asking for with all these threads about making POT stack and have every power return power etc. It's a good thing. No, it's a great thing.

The trouble is, this community cuts roles if they aren't necessary. Once players get their hands on WM and learn how to do an effective, high damage rotation without needing a controller to help them, the community will reject that second controller in favour of the burn.

I'm not against weapon mastery. Personally, I can't wait to see it. The tool isn't the problem. The people are the problem and unless the developers do something to address this, the game is basically going to become, as several people have described it, "DPS Universe Online".
    • Like x 5
  9. Rox New Player

That would be difficult because the community sees us as a pack of Batteries and when they see us do something other than that, not including last boss AnB, they yell at us for not giving power and we get the loading screen.
  10. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Agree 100%. First threads about needing to keep up with DPS blue bar now its "they have to much now im bored". We will have more opportunity to use other powers and weapon combos now so yes we will be able to have more fun other than spamming recharge.
  11. Rox New Player

Exactly! Thank you for understanding
  12. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

The community will make it so. Just wait and see.
  13. TheMarvel New Player

I have no idea why you'd say this. I randomly went to a time code of about 1:30 and verbally counted.
    Ticks ever X seconds: 5, 5, 3, 14, 2, 6, 3, 6, 4, 5, 2, 4

Lowest was 587, most between 675 and 925.

I am not sure what kind of power you are used to but that seems like a pretty good feed.
  14. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

We do this every now and then, just use sodas and supply drops.
  15. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

Ppl always confused about what they want.
  16. SoulflyMike42 New Player

That's it lol. Wait and see instead of making assumptions on how everyone's going to play
  17. Rox New Player

You do know he was talking about the community will make controllers solo whether they like it or not right
    • Like x 2
  18. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

That is exactly what I meant. :) same thing with the way healers are treated, as well as tanks.
    • Like x 2
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

finally competition between 5 ppl .)
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

6 if they can co-ordinate supply drops and soders correctly! :)