Can I survive Nexus now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Skyfall New Player

Explosive block?

Aha. No. I wouldn't heal you if i saw that.
    • Like x 1
  2. kav Committed Player

You should have been able to survive Nexus with lower gear (was at one point a fire tank myself). Assuming you've succeeded doing A&B, adding that Hal can be hard on tanks in general on that I really do not get how you cannot survive Nexus then.
  3. SupesIsBestHero New Player

Nope, not even close. You'll get one shotted by everything
  4. Will Power Loyal Player

DPS Armor has no Defense to get in close that's how I like it the closer you get the bigger damage you take Tank Armor can last a lot longer up close than a DPS can A Tanks Dom can also make shields last longer in DPS mode that a DPS with next to no DOM. Hell Trolls have more Damage potential but they rearly get to get there licks in if there just spamming Power out moves.

The way Damage is suppose to go is DPS is in Top 2 and 3 Damage spots Followed by the Trolls in slot 4 and 5 In slot 6 is your Tank followed by your Healers with the exception of Celestial which I have seen out Damage me however that's because Celestial is made for doing damage.
    Here's the thing Got Kick from Nexus 1 time because I couldn't suvive room three I was full T 5 Aquaman gear. Second time I got kick because I couldn't get past room 3 boss kept hitting me I couldn't pop a power that was when I was using a different loadout my fear got the best of me and the 3rd time I was full Raven Gear I explained to the pug group that I had never reached the last room and instead of wait for me to feel the room out and get a good Idea what was going on I got the I'm sorry kick. After that I never went back. Nexus scares me and because of that I never went back and now that all I need is 1 more ring to be full Ion gear I will give it another shot when I get that last piece. As a Tank I need the best gear possible to tank any new content and no I have not run A&B yet either I'm waiting till I get the feats out of Nexus and Para may even have to get the PVP feats to help me get more resto before I even try to run A&B as a Tank. Remember a good amount of us Tanks Boycotted Nexus Para for being not fun for us. If I can't have fun while playing I don't want to play it.
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

gear is not the problem for YOU. the problem is that i don't think you understand what being a tank entails
    • Like x 3
  6. Dragonfyre New Player

Lol. As a fire tank you do my need anything special to tank any content. You just need to meet the Cr requirements and to know how to play. I been tanking Nexus solo since like CR89 or something. With my best gear being some T4 and a few mods to get me up.
  7. Will Power Loyal Player

Pulling Aggro getting attention keeping attention
  8. TrueOlympus New Player

AND NOT DYING
  9. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Not sure if you want to be a tank or dps:confused:
  10. Dragonfyre New Player

No no no.

A tank's job is to prevent the team and themselves from taking damage.
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

No sodas in your utility belt or on your tray? Nope.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Will Power Loyal Player

Everyone Dies the First time you run something. Let's look at progress while I was doing what Spytle and Mepps said your going to need Full T5 gear to endure it this was when it first came out yet every single one of you decided to take your T4 or T4.25 gear in there and you died repeatedly over and over. What was I doing I was working on My Solo Feats for OC I was replaying my solos back to back to get as much gear T5 green gear as I could during this process first thing I bought with my MoR was the T5 plan to make mod removal kits. I modded all of the green gear I got with mod 4s that's what I was doing when you guys were duel glitching the raids because of you I will never get to Duel on the FoS 2 map again. The First way of players will do anything to beat the raids even cheat. I wanted to wait them out so I ran my solos some more got real good at Tanking Bia and Fam Then I was done with my T5 Aquaman gear. I went in with confidence in my gear and my I was using my explosive block the first time made it to room 2 I was doing great then room 3 hit I was getting pounded I was told to get the percision white mod I left and got it then the dying started hardcore I couldn't get the boss off of me couldn't open up to pop a power was to afraid to even try to open up to pop a power fear set in and to this very day fear has a hold on me. Fear is what beats me not the raid. Fear. When I went in the first time My heart was racing from all the incoming damage I was panicing during the whole first room my fear was creeping into me. Room 2 I barely survived then the Tank breaking room happened I was expecting the same fight but it wasn't it hit harder the pug raid disbanded and I said no to the disband I was in there alone with room 3 I charged the room trying to gauge his damage out put 8000 damage in one blow with out blocking I tried blocking 4000 damage. That was when I said I'll wait till I can sit and think of a new load out my normal Mob load out wasn't working so I started using all heal moves the second time through second pug group room 3 kept beating me so I swore off Nexus which means no Para either. The Raven Gear dropped new hope I had and I got all the way to the last room in my third attempt. The line trigger started and my entire group died. I tried every power none of them could reach the bosses from out side the trigger line I tried ever power I had nothing worked. 2 wipes later I get kicked for lack of exp. So here I am at 103 CR hoping that this is my time and I asked all of you and all you do is dog me for not running someone elsies cookie cutter load out to beat Nex.

Don't talk trash with out all the info I am 153 SP. Took a long time to get that too.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. Will Power Loyal Player

I stopped making sodas running kinda low on cash after buying all those Peace Defender Statues. Plus if a Tank needs to pop a soda that really means he is in trouble I got my Supply drop and sidekick to get me some health or Power if I need it but I shouldn't.
    [IMG]
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

not trying to be mean but you are the prime example of how SP how SP is taking too seriously. 153 sp and you STILL can't tank nexus? the easiest of the t5 raids? your philosophy on tanking is whats holding you back. But you are adamant on playing your way. just don't be made when you get kicked for playing your way
  15. Will Power Loyal Player

Its guys like you that I don't raid anymore you must have this this and this not this this and this. I'm an Add Tank not a boss Tank I leave that to Ice and Earth.
  16. TrueOlympus New Player

Actually I don't vote to kick until a player shows that he is bad plus unwilling to listen to advice. Whether you are a bad tank is still in question(I have no seen you play), but it is obvious that you aren't willing to listen. Also....

THERE IS NO ICE/EARTH TANK TO LEAVE THE "BOSS FIGHTS" TOO. Its just you. Also, why do you think that Fire tanks should only be able to tank adds???
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

If your healer dies then your life is in your own hands. You don't want to be that tank who's 100% dependent on a healer to keep him alive. When I'm Rage or Fire Tanking I'm pretty much immortal with power and healing is just support to my play style. In a situation where power/heals are limited, it can be a different story. Supply Drops, Side Kicks AND soders are useful in those situations. :D
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

Also fire tanking doesn't have a cookie cutter. Fire in general is one of the least cookie cutter powers tbh. Fire tanks do have what i like to call "No-Nos".
  19. Erza Scarnet New Player

Being overgeared doesn't justify the practice of using an unconventional loadout, you literally only have 3 fire tank worthy power on there, you need more self heals.
  20. Radium Devoted Player

Honest question, have you read up on any existing strategies for Nexus? Like the third room you've had trouble on?

Can I not stress enough that having Explosive Block in that room will actually hurt the progression of the fight?

Lex/Bats have a timed buff, you need to keep the boss close to the drone to debuff him back to normal. Explosive block can actually prevent this from happening.

Is it safe to assume that this is some of the trouble you had before?