Steel Nerfed

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Agnetta, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John New Player

Steel damage didn't make him Op but his defense
  2. Kid Sorbet New Player

It's fine but it's a huge problem to nerf Steel when Two Face, John Stewart, Amon Sur, WW and Catwoman are as OP as they are. Again, either batch nerf or leave these toons alone.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hero of Justice New Player

I don't think either of the Lanterns are OP, just because people like using them doesn't necessarilly mean they are overpowered. (Of course I play a lot of Jon Stewart, so there might be a bit of bias talking :) )

As for batch nerfing, the devs only have so much time to devote to Legends changes, so I'm fine with them doing it gradually over time.
  4. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Wow..yet another nerf on Steel. Went from using him barely ever to..forget it. Did he at least get some HP back? Last nerf think he had lowest hp of all...
    • Like x 1
  5. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

He has the same health as atro, donna, sinestro, JS. More than Circe and Saint Walker.

He doesn't need anymore health with a UWC shield and two still powerful dots.
    • Like x 1
  6. Talve Dedicated Player

Right. Because playing with huge lag is true sign of a skilled person.

That's why every single professional gamer out there( Starcraft 2, Dota 2...any of the fighting games, pick yourself) play on 30 FPS on old laptops with c-sync enabled. If you freeze every now and then, you are good.

Oh, wait. They don't do that. They must be bad.
    • Like x 3
  7. Kid Sorbet New Player

Yep, he's dead last on the list of Legends toons now. Oh well.
  8. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

so...nerfed the lightning attack so its interruptible.
    nerfed the hammer throw dot so its cooldown is longer.
    nerfed his health.
    nerfed his mines for less dots, longer cooldown.

If he's now equal to e1 else, I guess we'll still see as many of these as others, right? Obviously not...
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

What's your opinion on Hal? Do you think he's good?

He isn't equal to everyone else, TF and WW are still ahead of the pack with CW, Bane, JS then lex following up. So we'll still see more of these, but these chars will also be adjusted as well as underpowered legends will be buffed. Over time we will start seeing a great variety.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kid Sorbet New Player

He's a mid-tier imo. Certainly worlds better than Steel at this point.
  11. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

His dots do less damage than steel, they're both dodgeable (so they do 0 damage) and he has no defensive abilities like Steel. Please explain what exactly makes him better?
  12. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

spammable dot for one

I have more trouble with amon sur than other legends toons..j/s
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

One of the dots is only single target, both are dodgeable. Steel's aren't dodgeable and both are multi target, this means in group games the damage is exceptionally higher for steel (even in 2s).

Amon Sur is mid-tier, the only thing that makes him good is the broke CC mechanics atm. He lacks survivability and burst, all he has is safe DPS and plenty of stuns.
    • Like x 2
  14. Kordana New Player

What's ridiculous is all these nerfs were made to steel and he's still above average. Just shows you how completely ridiculously broken overpowered he was when he first game out. Seriously... what were the devs thinking?
    • Like x 2
  15. Saami Loyal Player

Usually i try to stay away from nerf/buff pvp threads because there are players that know better than me.
    BUT. Listen to clutchmeister. He is by far best pvp legend player in EUPC,, maybe in whole game.
    I honestly think that he wants competitive pvp with as many legend characters as possible.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kharhaz Committed Player

I have to reply to the Superman players should be reimbursed.

As a buyer of Superman, if I come up against any character with a player who knows what they are doing, then yes, I will lose. Superman cannot hold his own.

HOWEVER, one exception to this rule are the green lanterns Stewart/Jordan. They fall to me every time. Superman has a great harass, and when I see a green lantern fly up and attack from range, he is now considered out of the game.
    Many green lantern players, or indeed, many players in general, never bother to learn that character, they just pick the lamest way to play and go with it. Same with Steel players I suppose, take out the boring spam mines and now they are forced to try other moves !

I have also bought Wonder Woman and as soon as I enter an arena with her I have all the enemy team on me ! If nerfing her stops this then please do it, its very frustrating !

In general though, Legends for me should be a fun, everyone's on equal ground slugfest. However the player base are as much as fault as the developers. Every character has many different ways of playing, but nobody bothers to learn this, they just choose the quickest way to ruin what should be a fun event into a miserable, tedious waste of time.
  17. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Well I'm sold. Dos Cara is my new go to Legend.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

They used a different shaped controller, not the sony controller, so yea that's a big reason. The ps pvp side is a lot more competitive than the pc servers. This could always be resolved if the top pc players made an ps account and played, because i'm sure a good many have a ps3-4, but that won't happen.
  19. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Your reasoning is flawed.

Playstation players can play on a PC without having to play in a different environment (they can still use their controllers). This means both sets of players can play on a PC without having to change anything. The same cannot be said about PC players playing on a playstation.

If the different controllers were a big reason then the naga mice with twelve buttons on the side and completely different keyboards are just as big of a reason and I adjusted to those just fine. Don't just single out the playstation players for using different controllers (and one of the PC team that beat them were also using the same controller, same with one of the winners).
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If a player play on a troller and then have to get use to a different shaoped controller, it will be harder to get use to than a different kb and mouse, don't understand why you think it wouldn't be, 2nd most people don't have pc gaming rigs or a pc that can handle games, so don't understand why you think it would be the same as pc players downloading dcuo on ps3-4 who have them. I don't care who is better, but i'm sick of players talking like pc have a higher skill set, because they have easier tools to work with. Imo legends have never been more advanced than arena, legends is more like a tutorial into pvp, saying that I don't do neither because of r1 being the strongest power/move combined with lag
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.