Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Another thing that maddens me is that Armories will create a new level of Elitism in the game.
    Shouts for Need 103cr Troll/DPS for Nexus Must have 2 armories.
    Elitists already run rampant in this game and Armories will make it worse, especially at how they are priced now
    • Like x 12
  2. Whiteroom New Player

I noticed the pricing threads got locked but not the others...
    • Like x 2
  3. Vulpis New Player

Problem being that a single armory, if I'm understanding right, will let you set only one, fixed build. You're not swapping your current build with your 'stored' build, which would be actually *useful*. Anything else, you have to respec/set manually, and activating the armory 'resets' you to the stored build.
    • Like x 1
  4. Circe New Player

That's dumb. We pay, we should get our rewards either way.
    • Like x 3
  5. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

So here I was expecting it was gonna be 5 dollars.
    • Like x 2
  6. Solutha New Player

I'm going to just use the free one I get. If it comes down to where you have to have a extra one to start running content in PUG groups I will probably just quit. I think SOE gets enough money out of me from my subscription. Once they start adding stuff that you have to purchase outside the sub I am done with the game.
    • Like x 9
  7. Doc Holliday New Player

Yes yes I agree.
    Lower the prices so even the peasants can afford them!!!
    • Like x 2
  8. JustSome_Chick New Player

If it had been $10 per armory but ACCOUNT BOUND not consumed - I would have been fine with it. However having it be that much for one that only one character can use is - disgustingly greedy.
    • Like x 9
  9. prometeo82 New Player

is very expensive/es muy caro
    • Like x 4
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I just logged in so I could add my voice to those expressing the awesomeness of armories, and my disappointment at prices.

I know i can use them on any toon, but it's still way over my budget.

No worries though, my individual budget is not something SOE should be conerned about. what's one person who can't afford all the armories he wanted?

Armories are still super cool and from what I can tell, there are plenty of deep pocketed players already planning on buying loads of them. When devs make money by adding something useful to the game, it's always a win-win.

I wanna say i tried them in TC and was incredibly excited since they are indeed really useful, they're not the prettiest, but the functionality is awesome. I feel really compelled to get at least one extra one, but at that price I know i'll always feel an itsy bitsy ripped off, so idk what i'll do.

In any case thanks for the hard work in getting this incredibly oft-requested feature into the game and implementing it in such a cool and useful way :D
    • Like x 4
  11. SLYDER X New Player

Umm..yeah...and you get 150 replay badges AND 500 loyalty points each month subscribed..so how is that not $10 worth of items? And really, the replay badges and loyalty points were not around when I started playing so I don't see those as a 'given' item, I see it as a 'hey thanks for playing the game, here's some extra stuff since you spend your hard earned money to subscribe to our game'...I am happy with the prices, and honestly, I don't understand why people gotta blast hate post every time something doesn't go the way they expected. Don't like the price, don't buy it..don't like the game, don't play it. I don't see any reason why my post upset you and I don't want this to escalate into an argument. You're opinion is yours, mine is mine..let's not be 'those guys' on this forum. Good luck and good day
    • Like x 5
  12. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I've been supporting dcuo for 3 years straight with my monthly subscription and tons of replays too....so I definitely support the game...but I think the Devs need to rethink these prices...way to expensive...ok...I'm done venting...I think I got my point across....
    • Like x 13
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

THIS IS EXACTLY what is going to happen, I mean why wouldn't it?
    • Like x 5
  14. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Instead of the ranting I have a question which I know was answered before by the devs but cannot find the post. The FREE armory we receive is NOT tradeable; so only the purchased ones are tradeable, correct?
  15. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Lol...I had to create a thread...I'm just so shocked right now....I've done my venting...I need to cool off...gonna go watch the NCAA championship
    • Like x 3
  16. Oel Em Well-Known Player

Free Multispec Games (free as in given to all players, not a purchasable item): WoW, EQ2, Diablo 3, ESO [based on gear as a working game mechanic but still], Rift, EQ, LoL, Marvel Heroes Online, CoH

Paid Multispec: DCUO (and by pay I do mean the armory which you have to pay for each additional spec beyond the free one.)

No Multispec Options: Guildwars 2, SWtoR, STO, Neverwinter (GW2 used a system similar to old DCUO to pay an npc to respec, SWTOR, STO, and Neverwinter require real money to respec into your single spec)

I'm probably missing several, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

The reason I say its an industry standard is because of the titles. Games that offer free spec are some of the top games on the market, or at the very least top anticipated games. So yes, going by success rates I would say that free respecs are sort of an industry standard at this point.

ie And yes I do konw that LoL and Diablo 3 are not MMORPG's but they still fall under the catagory of massive multiplayer online games and they both still offer free respecs.
    • Like x 4
  17. JokerSharp New Player

Will we be able to buy these with our legendary monthly marks?
    • Like x 1
  18. Charlie Fantom New Player

[QUOTEUmm..yeah...and you get 150 replay badges AND 500 loyalty ][/QUOTE]
    umm no, you don't.
  19. Blight KOBRA Commander

The prices are a bit steep. In the long run it means people who haven't already saved up a size-able amount of SC or Loyalty points will have to wait to buy more Armories, because I don't see people rushing to buy more SC to buy these at these prices.
    • Like x 5
  20. Doc Holliday New Player

Your not done yet mate. Not till we see a green name respond "we have read your feedback and discussing it in the office before releasing."
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.