The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Massah Committed Player

Was just reading over the first page and was wondering if you the T5 power cost listed could be adjusted since in T5 there is not a fixed power cost - and just had a 100 Gadgets DPS tell me how little power Napalm casts were - I told him with his gear it was over 500 per cast but he referred my to the on-line Gadgets guide.....

Also - could Pet damage (Orange numbers) be added as a way to get damage in the types of Damage post where it states Damage is either white or Yellow, not including the Purple -Death damage dealt from destructs
    (Just as an asterisk - you already calrified the damage in the Power listings)
  2. Massah Committed Player

Was playing around with loadouts - and noticed that Stealth clips Cryo-Foam
    Because Cryo lands an attack as you enter stealth - it sorta breaks the Stealth (But if you have already fully entered stealth to help transformation lag -I always enter upon teleporter transition - You can cast either a Super Charge or Gauss Grenade before Stealth is broken - happens extremely quick but the transformation into and out of Stealth clip the cast animations)
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

Hey Massah.

I added the T5 power costs the day I got my full T5 set (then I got my full T6 set so I changed the costs again) which was a long time ago now, so I'm not sure why someone wouldn't see the increased cost. Also, at the very top of the page, above the Tricks Tree, I have a note stating that I measured power costs in 8 pieces of 86 gear only and that each piece of higher item level gear would continue to increase the cost of powers. Power costs would be fixed once a player has a full set of 88 in all slots. Maybe he just didn't see it.

I'll add a title above it labeled Power Costs in red unless I think of something else.

Yea sure.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Speaking of Stealth, I'm really looking forward to getting a PS4. I've been wanting to try placing Bunker Buster in there for the 60% crit ability attack chance and the extra powers I could add for extra damage. There is one power specifically that I'm looking at. The only problem is the high power cost of that rotation but in the right team set up it should be fine.
  5. Gamma New Player

Wow great video, 3 dps speedfeat nuff said:eek: . Anyway,If im running a regular group with 2 trolls, Is it a good idea to use photon blast as another dot when the boss isn't under 35% health? Right now im using: Photon Blast, Fear Gas, Gauss Grenade,Turret, intimidation,Bunker Buster. i dont really use photon unless the boss is under 35%, i just rotate Fear Gas and Gauss with my 1h or Hbs. Right now im Prec/Might balanced cause im not sure which is better (a little bit more to precision becuz of the 1h). Hope you guys ould give me some advice or suggestion on improving my loadout, maybe adding statsis field or cryo-foam somewhere i dont know. Thanks in advance.:oops:
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

On a target above 35% health, Photon Blast's channeling does the same range of damage as Cryo Foam. Cryo Foam is a strong DoT.

Modding always depends on how often you use, or rotate, your weapon or power damage. If someone ever told you to just go pure might or pure precision without asking you what you do or how something works then that person is just generalizing.

If you wanted another DoT, Stasis Field would be good. It's damage is great and it's far range. So as along as your cross hairs are red you'll register damage on your target. Cryo Foam can also work assuming you're aware of it's mid range limitation. If you're competing you might want something to clip the animation.

The only thing that would probably be mentioned for you to discard, for a competitive and high damage approach, would be the Turret. You could certainly use it but you would ideally benefit from doing more damage with another power that you can use more often.

Supercharges like Bunker Buster can work. In a group that doesn't have an easy set up of unlimited power you can use BB and cycle the other 5 powers. To run without one just depends on how often you use that 6th slot. Another thing to take note of is your team.
    • Like x 1
  7. Massah Committed Player

Yeah waiting for the 15th anxiously.......(Have an SSD in the PS3 which has helped a bit with Stealth loadout tray lag, but mainly environment loading was greatly improved )

I have been using Bunker on in Stealth for less than T5 Raids as both troll and DPS - but in T5 Raids as troll I just put Word Of Power in place of Stealth.

The 60% Crit for the duration of a SC is decent with Bunker but I moved some Power points around changing Bunker in Traps - tree for Cryo-foam and Distract in Tricks for Asphyxiation Gas. (Going to try using Asphyxiation as AoE only SC as it seems to not split damage as badly.)

Was only getting the DOT's from Gauss/Naplam to Fear Gas before but before I was not getting consistent Explode with Cryo-Foam from the electrified Pi.

(Refrained from using Stasis Field as I do not prefer as a Controller and I still went for a Dual-SPec and I enjoy Stealth too much)

Controller: Sticky Bomb, Defib, Stealth/WoP, Intimidation(Will be Battle Drone after they buff), Gauss Grenade, Cryo-foam/Napalm Grenade

Damage: Gauss Grenade, Intimidation, Stealth, Fear Gas Spray, Napalm Grenade, Cryo Foam

Stealth: Surprise Attack, Implosion Mine, Asphyxiation Gas, Cryo Foam, Gauss Grenade, Word Of Power
  8. Dianna WD New Player

If raiding with 2 trolls, I don't recomend Photon Blast for any use. I recomend the same loadout, but with GaussGrenade instead of Napalm and Bunker Buster.

I'm not pretty sure, but I prefer use Weapon>FG+Foam and Weapon>FG+Stasis+Karmic, because this dots has a nice total dmg, And the low cast time + high dmg will make you save some power and still doing around the same dmg as just spam Weapon>FG+Gauss
    • Like x 1
  9. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I've been using WD's loadout and rotation ever since Dianna's video was on youtube. The nexus.
    I haven't seen anything with such great timing and speed with a rewarding end.

Good Job Dianna
  10. Gamma New Player

Im a little confused there, you mean use bunker buster and Napalm instead of GaussGrenade and photon? And Thanks for the Karmic hex clip tip.:)
  11. Gamma New Player

Also want to thank TheDark and Dianna WD for the replys. Hope you guys hang around here often i come on here alot. :D
    • Like x 3
  12. Haruspex Pariah New Player

Just to be clear, you can clip Word of Power with Defibrillator and get both effects right? I put both on my Controller loadout when dropping into a Raid, but haven't had much chance to use both at the same moment.
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea. Defib, Distract, and a Vit boost trinket (any supportive, defensive and self buff) can clip the animation of powers. Including WoP. The game will register both so you'll give power.
  14. Dianna WD New Player

I mean...
    Range loadout with Rifle is: NapalmGrenade, CryoFoam, StasisField, Intimidation, FearGas and PhotonBlast
    Range loadout with HB or 1h is: GaussGrenade, CryoFoam, StasisField, Intimidation, FearGas and BunkerBuster

Melee loadout with 1h is: GaussGrenade, CryoFoam, CryoField, Intimidation, FearGas and BunkerBuster. Btw, I recommend the Karmic Hex use to clip the CryoFoam.
    If you want to save Karmic Hex...
    Melee loadout with 1h is: GaussGrenade, NeoVenomBoost OR SuppressorTurret, CryoField, Intimidation, FearGas and BunkerBuster.
  15. The God New Player

Anyone ever tried using aditional grenade from rifle after every fear gas? I just learned about it today, so I don't know if it's common knowledge, but so far it looks great. I have to test it on paradox or nexus soon.
    The rotation would be: grenade-fear gas-jump-grenade-napalm. If you are fast enough, it works wonders.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Just an Update

CryoFoam
    After next week's update 31, CryoFoam will now state in game that it will make Burning or Electrified enemies explode, and it inflicts Frostbite to cause frostbitten effects (rooted or encased). It was always able to do this but it was never in the tool tip description.

Thermite Mine
    It now states it stuns enemies that are damaged by the initial hit in Controller role. Same thing here. It always did it but was never labeled.

Dominance Update
    For those that don't know yet, Dominance will also be changed. Every 500 points of Dom will now increase your control effect duration by 1 second.

ONLY the following types of control effects will have their timing increased: Stuns, Roots, Levitations, and Encasements. What is NOT lengthened is Knocked down, knocked up, knocked back, pulled, paniced, etc. This update primarily favors Controllers (with the exception of Ice's ability to root and encase) because the stun control effect is unique to the role in that almost every power a Controller uses results in secondary control effect of being disabled. In this case the Stun.

The base duration (15 seconds) is reported to be the same as it is now on live so this update is a buff to control effects timing.

There isn't any testing done yet to see if the control effect immunities on NPCs were changed in raids which is where this update would matter. Once it goes live I'll be able to find out if immunities were altered. If not, this update only really benefits Controllers in duos, solo, and some open world content. So if you're unsure on whether you want to remod to Dom, wait until myself or someone else reports on the changes on raid NPCs.

Your Dominance must still be higher than an enemies willpower for your control effects to register. Dom is still part of the formula for establishing the strength of your shields and healing powers.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

For Controllers, there are certainly some staple powers that are carried. Depending on the set up of your team, raid you do, debuffs you decide to carry, or just personal choice of powers, Holographic Decoy is something I think controllers forget about as a possible choice (not a "must" power). If you run a tough raid/just in a PUG/casual league team, the Decoy works in assisting your Tank. Whether he/she is dead or alive.

If you're tank dies, popping the Decoy on mobs stuns 8 targets but also taunts them. So the Decoy will temporarily "tank" and taunt anything within its close/melee range 360 AoE. It'll buy you a few seconds but note that although it's not a 100% guarantee it still increases your chances of survival if you place it properly in range. I'm still playing around with it in select groups. I've used it in 2 groups where half of my regular team was present and we had a PuG tank who was nowhere near the add spawn point on the shield boss in Paradox. Casting Decoy on that spot stops and taunts the mob for a few seconds which prevented teammates from getting attacked and allowed the Tank to taunt the mob.

If you're tank is alive, placing the Decoy on the mob/boss next to the tank should offer minor relief. A Tank's taunts are still greater than the Decoys.
    • Like x 1
  18. Haruspex Pariah New Player

lol, now that you mention it the last time I used the decoy was in the Old Subways challenge to stop Bane from chasing me.

Now that I have a fair amount of experience in multiplayer content, I find that the GG -> CFoam combo does respectable damage even in Controller mode. If I had stood back and simply pumped Defib and POT, the other player(s) fighting the enemy might have had a harder time of it. Just a personal observation.
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Sometimes, when you drop a decoy and the target is still charging at you, you can use stealth or distract to drop agro.

Few times in my run, my decoy doesn't fully get the taunt.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

I don't think I'll be getting it exactly on the 15th but I'm definitely aiming release week. I'm ready to knock someone out with a batarang if I have to.

I'm really looking forward to playing around with multiple powers for both roles but even more so with damage. The lag always discouraged me from even experimenting with DPS and stealth on ps3. It still bothers me even when I use it for Controller. I'll cast Stealth to access my WoP in my Stealth bar, the HT mod gives me damage immunity for 2.5 seconds, BUT the freaking lag causes me to get freeze/slowdown, get hit, lose the damage immunity and get knocked back into normal stance. I then have to wait 30 seconds just to be able to reach my WoP. So it's either I cast Distract then Stealth(defeats the purpose of the ht mod) or I just put WoP in the place of Stealth.

Yep, GG isn't really ideal for explosive damage on 2 or more targets.

For my Controller loadout I use Sticky, Stasis Field, Defib, Distract, WoP, Napalm/Decoy<-- I switch between these 2 depending on what raid and who I'm raiding with. I use Stasis Field because of it's damage. It's completely different in Controller stance like some of the other powers. If I run with players who blow up encasements for extra damage I use it on groups of trash/Lt. type NPCs. Otherwise I leave them alone and I just apply it on on bosses which is where you see the most benefit from the defense debuff. Everyone is focus firing it and it doesn't get encased.

I do use those Static Grenades with my Solar Flare attack and those grenades are amazing. I always feel guilty about using one on one NPC instead of 3 or 4.

Aside from the Static Grenade, what do you put in your utility belt in Controller stance? I carry the Supply Drop, Next Soder, the Trigon Vit boost trinket, and the last one I alter. Sometimes the Orbital. Sometimes my PDF V Exp. Most of the time the Atlantean Pet Vit Trinket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.