The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The Battle Drone update won't be included in GU 31.

Also, here are the details of the Dominance update:
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

What I really want to find out is what is the base length of time for the powers on a NPC that doesn't breakout or develop immunity? Even if our control effects duration is increased and those 2 mentioned remain the same in raids, there would have been no reason for this change. Other than to please what the majority players have asked for but don't even understand what exactly is going on. I really want this to go live now just so I can check it out.

The increments of 500 dom or 1 second is making me wonder too.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to test this until it hits Live. My poor test toon only has 30 dom at the moment. Our old level 30 test toons won't be restored for another few weeks.

I did ask how the change would affect breakouts. I guess we'll see what happens.
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

That make gadgets the ultimate battery.
  5. Gamma New Player

Hello everyone, i just switched back to gadgets recently, i used to be gadgets back in the T4 raids but i haven't tried it in Nexus and Paradox. Hope you guys could help me with a good ranged loadout/rotation. First thing i want to ask is why do people have both fear gas and Cryo-foam in their loadouts instead of getting an instant burning PI from NG?
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

There could be reasons why a player would choose not to use NG. The only real benefit of having burning (or even electric PI) up first is to profit off of the explosive burst damage.

Fear Gas and Cryo Foam have their own damage over time ticks. Having both would be something a DoT based or mixed approach player would use. Both have a higher base damage than the burning damage over time. Burning is the weakest DoT to take advantage of.

If I remember right, page 28 starts the convo for loadouts in t5 raids. Gadgets has plenty of options so I just don't go and list one loadout and rotation. If you pick and use something that someone mentioned, and want to know how to take advantage of positioning and damage from each power I can help out. Other than that there's too much to get into to get an educated response. Just play around with it, choose a viable weapon and if you thing you need more input post away. Gear, Stats and weapon's play a part too.
    • Like x 1
  7. Gamma New Player

Thanks for the response and the useful tips bout the PIs :), will start reading the previous pages.
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Massah,

I'm not fully prec mod but I do have 1351 prec and 3009 might.

Ive test 1h, starting out with ng, intim. Then double focus> gg or ng. I do slid in a fg. I actually did alright. Test it with a celestial dps in black dawn. Single target wise the burn was good. I was there with the celestial on dps and almost equal his power.

I usually forget to use the static grenade. I am more favorable with shock inducers so I'm going to switch that. The single burn feels nice. Will test it in nexus and dox later.

But ill use pistols because its more of my goal is to dps again with pistols.

One thing I will say, this actually lets me decide when I want to push a might or prec rotation. Just depending on a situation. Regardless gadgets has fast pace damage burst. So ive worked a rotation to use both or separate.

My power usage has decreased tho.
  9. cyberhawk04 New Player

hey i'm new to gadgets, can anyone suggest me a pvp dps loadout?
    i'm 1H with super speed.
  10. Gamma New Player

It's kinda unrelated but since 1H is the one most popular gadgets weapon, Does anyone know where i can get a 88 1H? If its from Paradox could you tell me which boss please? thanks.
  11. Game Genie New Player

You can try what I do. It's long range with good single target and energy management, and aoe ain't too bad. I do Stasis, Intim, Napalm, Fear, Photon, Bunker. Personal Dampening Field, dps and turf trinkets of choice. Spec balance with a leaning toward might. I used hand blasters and have great success with that, but you can use what you wish. What I do is keep range with stasis > intim, photon when lower than 1/3rd for singles. For groups I lob a napalm, lunge and cancel the lunge at about midrange with fear gas and immediately jump cancel it, double jumping away back to long range. I do acro but ss should handle the same way. Make sure if you drop a bunker buster that you preceed it with a napalm or photon for the 50% modifier. Repeat as necessary and always keep intim up when building weapon combos or using photon.
  12. cyberhawk04 New Player

Thanks for responding but i preffer using 1H. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

I sent you a PM.
    • Like x 1
  14. Game Genie New Player

(Edit: see below)

In that case it works fine melee range, especially once you have empowered channeling that not only makes sure photon doesn't get hard stunned but actually puts up some damage mitigation to you. Alternately you could drop photon and use cryo field which is set up nicely by napalm and/or bunker and fear, though that means your hand mod would be useless. I wouldn't advise napalm field AND photon as your power points would be too spread and cause you to compromise something. If survivability up close is an issue, drop fear for distract; the added survivability and mitigation will end up adding more damage over time if you were otherwise taking a lot of hate. I've run this melee version of my build and I honestly have to recommend ranged play, but that is not to say it isn't good or viable. Sight unseen i'm sure whatever TheDark messaged you is awesome, but it doesn't hurt to have alternate possibilities in a powerset as diverse as gadgets.
  15. Game Genie New Player

You know what, I apologize. I didn't see the word PVP in your original question. Now it makes sense why you didn't care for the range suggestion as HB's in arena are a liability. Here's something I love: it's a small variation of my pve so no respec necessary, is especially geared for single burn and keeping energy managed. I have great success with it myself:

Stasis
    Intim
    (Movement mode debuff of choice)
    Distract
    Photon
    (Bunker or Anesthetic)
    Personal Dampening Fields
    Turf Trinks
    PvP Trink

I also use 1H for this. Clip stasis and intim with some weapon hard stuns and watch your enemies melt. Debuffs from superspeed would be whatever your team is needing the most. I find that I roll tank debuff the most as ice tanks are hell until you strip them; then they're slightly well armored and not very powerful dps's. Don't bother with the foot mod to have a free charge attack after super speed skills as it's kind of a waste, just go with explosive block. Distract will provide a standup, avoid damage and actually end DoTs that are stacked on you from a nature, elec etc. Photon and bunker are both absurdly powerful skills, even compared to other powerset's versions, and photon is this build's only 50% modifier. If you find it's becoming a battle of attrition or more of a 1v1 affair, you may find more mileage out of Anesthetic for a little extra protection and heal. There are no enormous aoe's or high power cost skills as energy management can be pretty crucial in arena. I'd throw in replenishing weapon mod, replenishing breakout and the five breakout passive energy skills in speed.
  16. cyberhawk04 New Player

Thanks i'll try it out :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Dianna WD New Player

I'm sharing my Gadget POV in a paradox run.
    Hope you like it! :)

• Like x 2
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Nice job. That's the same loadout I use but I carry different items in my belt. You're one of the few players that I've seen in a video actually aware of the range on FG and CFo. The extra power must've been ideal.
  19. Game Genie New Player

Hm, I've been kinda riding on a supercharge instead of cryo foam. I'll have to try out your way; it looked great!
  20. Massah Committed Player

Yeah the 1-hand works well for Ranges Single Target - I usually resort to Hand Blasters for AoE.

Dual-Pistols can be decent Single Target and they are easier to keep Relentless Precision (Neck Mod) active

Slip-shot- Magnum Round is decent Single Target but in Nexus and Paradox sometimes it I is not ideal to be jumping back & forth. Really wish Sweep-Shot had more Range - too short for trial with Sentry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.