HL "IS" Op

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AdmiralZeros, Aug 30, 2013.

1. tell me more New Player

I guess "up to par" wasnt the best phrase to use. What i mean is rather than suggesting to bring HL down, bring all the other powers up to a level where they can compete with light.
    Btw, i believe light is only "OP" in lower tiered content. Once in higher content, every power has the chance to top in the damage department.
  2. AdmiralZeros New Player

Excuse me for not really knowing the names. Claws, snap trap, drill, whip chain, repeat sometimes and then mix it up a little when bored
  3. AdmiralZeros New Player

I think mental can easily compete with HL but the fact that HL is so simple and quick just makes it unfair
  4. Evil Leaper New Player

I have a Quantum DPS and when she was CR 63 I be a t a HL DPS that was wearing Cr 83 gear that was modded
    with some expert plans by over 150k. I don't believe the power is as important as the player.
  5. tell me more New Player

HL being quick and very clippable is what makes it different from other powers. Like you said, if all powers were the same, it wouod be boring. Mental shines in the single target damage overtime department, some powers shine in aoe damage and etc. Light's forte is speed.
    So its not OP, thats just the way its meant to be played
    • Like x 1
  6. AdmiralZeros New Player

Ohh dont get me wrong, the player is much more important than the power but who knows that guy could have sucked as well. I cant really give my opinion on quantum because i remember reading that it does fake damage hopefully they patched that but if they didnt i refuse to believe how much dps quantum supposedly does
  7. Logic X New Player

This whole thread is one of the reasons I don't play this game anymore. It's all about stats with you people. So consumed with who should do what and when.. maybe the guy you beat had an off day.. maybe he didn't give a f*** but your making a thread saying a power is OP when that guy could have beem bs'n the whole time. Also isn't the objective to clear... not to just put up numbers.. ..I'm so sick of the word or acronym OP. Don't let how someone else plays the game dictate how you enjoy it
  8. AdmiralZeros New Player

i just read the first sentence and couldnt read anymore. You're on the forums of a game you dont play anymore and complaining (im assuming), ummm i guess that makes sense?
  9. AdmiralZeros New Player

The damage that HL does with such little effort is what i believe makes it OP but hey thats just me
  10. Claytoun New Player

smh..

yes, hopefully it's just you
  11. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'm curious why you believe the other DPS was good.

Based off the fact he barely beat a player who was new to a powerset and two Tiers under him, I'd say the opposite about him from the sounds of it.

Then again, he may have recently switched powersets himself or something. I've recently switched from Gadgets to Nature and noticed my damage output has dropped, and I expect it'll be a little while until I get the numbers I used to get due to me having to learn a powerset versus playing one I had over a years experience.
  12. Scarbane New Player

You want HL nerfed because some T3 goon had a bad day? If he was T3-T4 running Outer, he most likely was looking for styles, briefings, or collections instead of worrying about his damage out. If HL is nerfed, me and every Lantern out there will be looking for your Hero/Villain.
    • Like x 4
  13. Broken Promises New Player

[IMG]
    *WE will find you. ;)
    • Like x 3
  14. Dirty Fred New Player

Get the Pitchforks & i light the Torches;)!!
  15. Zpred Dedicated Player

Has the OP actually given a real reason why he thinks HL is overpowered? All I see is hl is OP because he beat a few not so good players that had better gear which doesn't mean a thing.

The only thing HL has got going for it is the speed/clipping, HL damage isn't just a 1 button hit, lets take fire for example, mass detenation, if cast right you can hit alot of adds or a single enemy for big damage, but HL would have to go through at least 2-3 rotations/clipping to reach that, then there's damage over time and 35% finisher to consider.

HL, you have to do alot of button bashing/clipping up close to medium range to do its full potential, it's small numbers at fast pace.

Easy mode is quantum.....
    • Like x 1
  16. Sytenia Committed Player

After testing out Hard Light myself a while ago I lost pretty much all respect for Hard Light damagers.
    I am only comparing myself to what I can do with other powersets but how easy it is to do with Hard Light is just silly.
    That is all I have to say about it.
    No need to change it but dont come to me bragging about the damage you can do with it, I'm not impressed.
  17. One Shot New Player

HL is not OP, cele is badass, cry about that instead
  18. AdmiralZeros New Player

All you HL players trying to defend your precious hard light its pretty amusing. You obviously didn't read the rest of the comments so ill save you the trouble. This has been happening in other raids and alerts and the reason i believe HL is OP because of the minimal effort it takes to cause massive damage. Just because you other HL players are mad cause you know its EXTREMELY EASY to use that power and get really positive results from it, doesnt mean you should be so butt hurt, but hey if you like things to me easy and boring than by all means continue on. Thanks for all the feedback
    • Like x 1
  19. sunny New Player

HL is a burst dps'er that doesn't rely so much on d0ts, hence in early tiers t1-t3 hl if used properly will always top the charts
    other dps rely on d0ts (damage over time), like fire/quantum etc ... whining about it just shows how much you don't know about this game
  20. WonderValkyrie New Player

i been saying HL is OP for the longest time lol, its no coincidence that HL players are the only power that gives me trouble constantly keeping up with or i have to fight tooth and nail just to keep up with even if they have lower gear. The damage they do is INSANE
    • Like x 1