Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. zickyjacks New Player

Ah many thanks. Now I wonder can you pull this off as a full prec build
  2. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Has anyone noticed no damage numbers ticking from fan if you go from power snap trap to fan? I noticed this while testing SSS and then tried just power snap trap to fan and in both cases I am only seeing the numbers from snap trap. I need to look at the combat log next time (I was just looking at the actual numbers scrolling in game) but figured I see if anyone else has noticed this. I was testing on the sparring target in my lair - BTDoubleDutchBatDubb.
  3. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

You may say that but what I was shown last night was most definitely a glitch. It's not as effective as the "Fan Glitch" but the damage from it certainly is "interesting". I came here because I was sure someone in this thread either knows about it or discussed it here. It must not be as widespread yet. Then again, it is not part of the conventional HL DPS'ing methods used in this thread so that may be why.
  4. Her02Zer0 Well-Known Player

I believe you can but I remember she said prec is more AOE based while prec/might is good for single targets.
  5. Zpred Dedicated Player

Nice vid, nice combos, not to put a downer on anything but that's the same sort of damage I do on my runs with league, an I mainly use fff, I like to get up a bit closer an personal :D an its less power hungry, but nice for range for those that need to be ranged. Nice job :)
  6. Agnetta Dedicated Player

here you go zim. i know its not in nexus but here's K007 on ps3 at a sparring target

once you get that down its not hard to mix in gh > fan and spikequake
  7. Zim New Player

Thanks for posting the video, sorry couldnt meet up in WT i got caught up with the league. I will give you the fact that you are fast on the PS3, and I am definitely going to look into altering my loadoout and check this one out a bit more.

But compared to the PC video it really isnt even close. On the PC video there is zero time in between the power fan to power snap trap. I mean its almost crazy to see how fast the combo's can be done on the PC. Yes i am almost jealous.

Thanks for the tips, next time I see you on i'll hit you up.
  8. Agnetta Dedicated Player

yea i noticed that in kaiser's (EUPC) videos too, even when he was doing the dual wield tap after power fan. but yea i still think its a great combo for ps3 even with the extra half second or so added in. power fan gives you lots of burst damage from range. its great with the dots from gh and spikequake ticking too.
  9. Clip New Player

I think even the animations are a tick slower than on the pc version.
    On pc it is possible to do wcs faster than the cooldown is from snaptrap.
    On ps3 i cant see a way to do it faster than the cooldown of snap. So i guess the ps3 animations are a bit slower.

And yeah the main issue is we activate the power, the construkt and the jump all with right thumb. This cant be done in 0,1sec :D

A leaguemate said to me yesterday he knows a HL dps that does big damage with a weird loadout. But this could be everything from using the weight to spamming chompers. So till now i saw nothing like the weight or fan glitch again.
  10. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Actually on PS3 you can do WCS faster than the cool down of snap trap. If you go fast enough, you will hit snap trap before it's done cooling down and it will mess up your rotations. But it's pretty hard to go that fast with the lag in raids.
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

That video misses scoreboard before and knowledge if the others used soders too. I kinda doubt it can beat kaisers pure version of it, combined with that horrible clipping.
  12. FeelsGood New Player

Snap Trap to Fan is just buggy.

I can chain all other moves to together just fine but that move. It wasn't like that last year.
  13. Bishop New Player

One particular bug, at least on PC, at present is if you perform Power ST-Fan repetitively at extremely fast speeds, the game repeats the combo after your input - it's quite annoying.

Chalk up another bug for HL that's been around for ages, yet plenty of information on it.

Bishop
  14. FeelsGood New Player

Just hope after this update they fixed this. And really hope the new power doesn't have this same issue with performing certain combos. I really thought it was my controller or weapon (currently have handblasters)
  15. bedovean New Player

Thats actually very likely a macro jeebz, i dont disagree with you often but if you look at the powerfan and snaptrap its alwas the exact same how its pushed, also its performed completely flawlessly which is unlikely when she is jumping that constantly. Thats just my opinion, I believe it can be done this fast, but how the video looks it looks very too close to macroing, also the damage is sub par since half the time she is either without power or on the ground.

This combo leaves u completely stuck in 1 spot, and not having claw in the loadout stops u from avoiding alot of hits such as orbitals or shields that you could easily get away from just by lunging the boss and rolling back. To improve this gameplay you shoudl switch to ram if you get below 1/4 power instead of hopeing your troll gives you back power in the .2 seconds it takes from powerfan to snaptrap

Just to apease my own curiousity I am going to be changing my loadout to this and practicing it, but i doubt it sees good results without heavy macros(which i refuse to use)
    • Like x 1
  16. bedovean New Player

YAY for sever downtime, i take it back, no macro but too power hungry for my liking. i actually was clipping faster then in that video within about 10 minutes of practice on the server using acro(if you didnt know acro makes u not jump as high) something we figured out awhile ago, but with acro you literally can do this fastert hen the video....but....my hand hurts and completely immobile so a no go for me.
  17. xRyujin New Player

I will comeback and say that HL is beautiful because it allows each person to have a unique gameplay with it's constructs. However unless we have all the people in here 3 by 3 taken into a raid like paradox or nexus all we can do is contribute and add combos and what each individual decides to do with it, it's just up to him. We will never be able to see who does the most dmg. No matter how many calculations formulas or numbers you throw into the forum. I would like at one point to have the option to go against ps players toe to toe and see what they are able to pull off. I would like a unique server (which is impossible) and also the ability to do a raid with the villains. Numbers mean nothing on that scoreboard. That can mean the others are bad, or you just did "fake dmg" like in the fountain boss in paradox (where you can just spam whiptrash on the fountains). I like the ticking dots though.

In other news, did any1 try HB for HL? For a pure prec build I believe Kais combo can be applied to HB doing
    FAN->hold right -> jump->tap right- clip - ST->fan->hold right -> jump ->tap right - repeat. And HB hold is aoe, hold-tap is aoe as well. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. You can change the tap right with hold right. The clipping speed is the same. I don't have lvl 84/85/86 hb to test in a raid, but I will do this soon and come back with some raid feedback. Also doing it like this means you don't have to change weps from single target to multiple adds.
  18. bedovean New Player

Jeebie had this same idea but we ruled it out because u get no kind of phantom. With DW you get half the bar while of the DW throw while you are still coming the fan, with HB u have to start it up from the start and in order to get solar flare u could do just as much damage or more comboing another fan.
  19. Dirty Fred New Player

Tested this yesterday aswell with DW, staff, brawlers & rifle...

With rifle it worked the best & i had good speed & dident jump up into the sky everytime but was much harder getting decent speed with any of the other weps.
  20. bedovean New Player

Did the combo in a 6 man nexus 1 dps 2 troll 1 heal 1 tank on first boss room jsut to try it. i was at a 8-1 power ratio and went very quickly, but the 2 trolls (2 of the better ones on the server) told me never to try that again XD so that combos out the door for me. Last post ill do about it XD

BTW jeebie will tell u how good Stopperving is of a troll XD