FFXIV PHASE 4 BETA

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Duragon, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Duragon Committed Player

Yea, dd's always wait longer... so many of them. Makes me think twice on leveling up any of them. I really wanted bard, but from what I've heard so far, they are extremely situational. I'm hoping that the TP and Mana bars are full and replenish themselves so fast because it's beta.
    • Like x 1
  2. PurpCity New Player

What I'm doing is leveling up my marauder tank just to finish the storyline. After finishing our company quests, it's possible to instant level all of the combat classes to 15 by speaking with certain people :D.

Figure I'll learn how to tank and breeze through the story then double back and try my hand at all the other classes.
    • Like x 2
  3. Duragon Committed Player

Smart. I don't know if I'll have the patience to wait that long to switch jobs, lol. To me... that's the fun. But that is the smart way to do it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Larfleeze New Player

You'll be back before you drop the 50$ to start playing.
  5. PurpCity New Player

I definitely agree. I have a level 15 pugilist and a level 10 Thm and but to get the most time out of the beta, I thought it would be best for me to just focus on 1 class so I can enjoy as much of the game as possible. That way I can try out the crafting skills as well before phase 4.
    • Like x 1
  6. Duragon Committed Player

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule:- Jul. 5th 2:00 a.m. to Jul. 7th 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / Jul. 5th 9:00 to Jul. 7th 9:00 (GMT)

... :(

Looks like they announced the end of this weekend's beta. Sunday early morning. So I won't be getting on.

Bummer.
    • Like x 1
  7. Femto Well-Known Player

Same sad :/ .... Phase 3 is just a tutorial for me anyway so when phase 4 hit i can hit the ground running, got my CE preodered and my early access code ready to start off with a bang .
    • Like x 2
  8. Duragon Committed Player

Me and you are the same. So many threads on the SE forums complaining about the phase 3 wipe... I treat phase 3 like a tutorial too.. just so when phase 4 hits, I know what I want to do and don't waste time. We'll get a nice head start on everyone who gets it in August.
    • Like x 1
  9. PurpCity New Player

Update on the duty finder... It can seriously screw you over big time. Been trying to do "The Bowl of Embers" instance and it paired me with the same idiots 3 times in a row.

Imagine a electric healer using electrocute and his buddy dps who wants to stand under every special attack known to man :mad:.
    • Like x 1
  10. crownclownking New Player

why do ppl hate the mics i mean is it wrong to want to talk to leaguemates or socialize with them so to speak, also can u use mics on this realm reborn game if your planing to play on the ps3. Anyway im definitely planning to play phase 4 beta and try it out cause it looks beautiful the graphics anyway got to see if i like the game .
  11. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Duty finder is amazing! Queues are instant and no, it won't kill the community. The thing is, to use duty finder, you still have to "Play the game and explore."

Example, in DCUO, once you reach a certain level, you can queue up for any alert no matter where it is. In FF14, with duty finder you can't queue up for it until pre-req conditions have been made. 1. Physically have traveled to that location on your own, and 2. Reached that point in the storyline. Queen and I tried to queue up for Ifrit because we beat him in 1.0, alas, we were locked out lol. Even though you have your max level characters from 1.0, you are starting the game over like everyone else. You MUST re-explore the world because so much has changed in a Realm Reborn.

Lastly, Duty finder is amazing because it still requires communication like it did in XI. In low level content in DCUO, you can queue up, run through alerts or duos without saying a word to your party, FF14 has so many battles mechanics its crazy lol. No joke, first dungeon, level 10 and in order to win you have to watch your surroundings, lure adds to traps so they won't heal the boss, watch line of sight cause if the boss sees you he will... we'll I'll leave that as a surprise, no spoilers here lol. But yeah man, Duty Finder is great and RR requires even us 1.0 players to dive back in and actually explore the world rather than run through it with our eyes closed.
    • Like x 2
  12. Duragon Committed Player

Awesome.. you have to physically have been there before you can que up for it. Yea, I knew about the strategy part... I did a guildhest with my 14 archer and had to kite the first minute or so cause I smacked him with a crit heavy shot while I was standing in front of him... not cool, lol. I learned the hard way, lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

lol yeah, had this tank and dd that kept being meat heads, had to finally tell them, "Hey, there's an objective you know?" Amazes how some people just just see red like a bull haha and DON'T notice the bosses life going back up.... o_O That aside, its awesome, wonder where the game would be right now if 1.0 was released with this current design.
    • Like x 2
  14. Duragon Committed Player

... you just blew my mind, dude. Wow... lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Pretty sure we'd have all the classes back by now, like Ninja, Samurai, Thief, Dancer, Puppetmaster, Blue Mage, etc :) What I'm really looking forward to is the expansion they release that will be equivalent to Chains of Promethia, by far the most bad@ss expansion XI ever had :cool: Rize of Zilart was good too, but CoP was the the bees knees lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Duragon Committed Player

Rise of the Zilart was epic... the entire storyline was epic... until they showed us what they could do with Chains of Promethia. After that everything was good, but couldn't compare.

I disagree with all the jobs though... thief, ninja and samurai in the same expansion, yes. Everything else.. I don't want it to be a FFXI clone. But classic jobs nonetheless.
    • Like x 2
  17. Duragon Committed Player

I'm at a birthday party and one of the other father's used to game too... we just finished talking about how half the people who play MMO's today would have never even finished CoP. That was just so hard, so strategic, had to plan out what you were doing for 15 min before you even walked in the first time. All level sync'd to 30, had to get special level 30 gear.... all done no mics, lol. Half the people that play MMO's now a days don't even know what a real MMO is, lol.
    • Like x 2
  18. BahamutMugendai New Player

Is anyone here willing to give me a spare NA PS3 beta code if you have one? or i can trade for if necessary
  19. Agnetta Dedicated Player

does THM do debuffs/buffs too? or just damage?
    • Like x 1
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Burst and DoT damage. It sounds like the Debuff class will be Arcanist ... but that's seemingly not available for testing quite yet.

Anybody else playing on the PS3 noticing considerable slowdown this weekend? Everything from rendering to menus to responsivity just seems a bit slower. Maybe the servers are getting crowded as they let more and more people into Beta ... ?
    • Like x 1