The Future of DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WR Strike, May 24, 2013.

1. Meta Flare New Player

My response to people who want darkseid is this.

MONGUL...and WAR WORLD.

hear me out this idea is a little different than the standard fair.
    What I suggest is a raid that is a mixture of PVP and PVE. what would happen is a four man team from both the hero and villain side get transported to war world. While there each team has to fight one mid boss each and then when each team beats there boss the teams meet up and have to fight each other to leave. Then after the fight when one team loses MONGUL arrives and challenges the winners but the losers join in the fight as well. The hero team cannot heal, give power, or talk to(other than text chat and only at this one point)The villains. And vice versa. The team that won the PVP section gets better gear and drops than the losers but both side receive the PVE specific marks and the PVP winners get the PVP marks. It's a combo of an alert, raid, PVE, and PVP all in one.

This could be the final section of the MONGUL story arc. I think it would be pretty epic. What do you guys think?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The only way I could think of to trump that is by using 7 words:

Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew

:D Sorry, couldn't resist throwing that one out there. On subject, though, I'm not sure how well a raid with a mix of PvP and PvE would go over. Seems like it'd just be too much of an opportunity to grief other players, for one thing. Even it it was done with the matchmaking system and equal level groups were put against one another, there are some who would probably prefer that Player Vs. Player fights stayed out of raids and PvE content.
  3. Midnight Strike New Player

I knew what you meant, but couldn't resist
  4. Badname8293 New Player

Yeah they are already considering shutting down PC servers
  5. Meta Flare New Player

Oh I know. I feel most people would be against it. But I bet if it were implemented then there would be a niche group that love it which I would be a part of lol.
  6. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Once people leave to PS4 then more people would play dcu just b/c of they left.

POINT BLANK!!
  7. Rashadjc New Player

Some people might want to the game slow. It can take up to a week or two depending on how you play.
  8. Statman New Player

Yes, that's true, but if that's the case, they'd spend a lot longer going through the post-30 content (which, mind you, is made for repetitive play, which in my opinion grants it more value to be adjusted/changed/etc).
  9. The Vigilante Committed Player

Any links or evidence to corroborate this statement? I am not insinuating that it is a false statement on your part or anything, I would just like to actual see where they stated that they are actually considering it.
  10. Statman New Player

I'd insinuate it's a false statement, lol. Confidently!
  11. The Vigilante Committed Player

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt if at all possible. I get the distinct feeling that you would do much more than insinuate, where his statement's validity is concerned lol.
  12. Statman New Player

Usually I give benefit of the doubt, but that poster lost that benefit, and gained only doubt over the last week. I personally wouldn't believe a word he said, lol. :p
  13. WR Strike New Player

I never asked for Shadows powers, and the shadow powers I would want in the game probably would never happen because it will be way better then any other controller...it would probably be the better controller to bring at all time....not gonna say my idea though just yet xD

But DarkSeid is awesome and they could have many dlc following him and his Elite Guards. His elite guards would play a rather huge role in the game. They could also do the Reach if they wanted too, or they could do
    mongul and have him have the Warworld then have Dark Seid take it from him!
  14. WR Strike New Player

But will it have a port on the ps4 which you will be able to play the same character? Through your PSN account..
  15. WR Strike New Player

I know I thinking of which other bads could feel the shoes that a main villain could feel before I add more too that, Darkseid is well known, and could fit those shoes and with JLA coming shortly they could cash in on it
  16. WR Strike New Player

No they wouldn't I play on the PC -__-
  17. WR Strike New Player

False....very false sir
  18. WR Strike New Player

I mentioned Mongul to when someone spoke to me about jumping straight to Darkseid LOL....I like your idea I wanted many MMO's to do something like this! But they either A seem to lazy, B Don't know how or C don't really want to change the formula
  19. WR Strike New Player

False again
  20. WR Strike New Player

I level through the content in a day if I'm nerding out, but I'm just saying we beat Braniac back....or gone, what ever they decide! There should be some cleaning up effort for the zones at LEAST

the quest...well they are fine, but bosses that have interactions with Braniac should be changed or removed I.E Queen Bee