DLC 7: Quantum Powers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

does anyone know the damage mitigation formula for tunneling?
    is it the same as hide and grandeur? 100% res + 100% dom?
  2. Yassirnummunipul New Player

I don't have any useful feedback to give, just came here to poop some love.
    The graphics and sound effects are just downright beautiful.

Quantum Tunneling is the funkiest and funnest move I've ever used in DCUO! It's awesome to res people, it's awesome to flee from Brother Eye (duo'd it with my Tank mate) and it's awesome to annoy people in PvP.
    And it makes Handblasters sound really really awesome, please don't ever change that.

Wonderful. Just wonderful. five seven hundred fourty seven Stars! :)
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I think we need to look at it differently here with WoP. When they buffed the SC, everyone was ecstatic, I was for sure, because Gadgets at the time was lacking in an SC department. I was actually running Asphyxiation Gas because of the control effects, but for the most part I couldn't give power back but I knew that someone who was Super Speed could. I had a vision for BumblingB, and SS was not it. (Acro ftw.) So when WoP came out, I immediately jumped on it. The first time I completed Prime was shortly after they buffed this Iconic.

So with WoP, it wasn't a matter of if it was balanced, it was now every movement could do it. This evened it out, but hardly fixed the powers, it actually felt like they did this so they didn't have to figure out how to make the powers even in a quick bandaid way.

So the reason why no one said WoP wasn't balanced was because it in effect was OP to begin with for an iconic. I say OP loosely, I really mean that there was nothing better to compare to other than Speed Drain, which was the only viable method of power healing. Now we actually do have one with the group shielding. Where now the iconics are like they should be, if you have a vision for your character you can use them, but only as an alternative to your current power set. A good example would be Absorb Heat and Heat Vision, they are essentially the same power, only the fire version does more.
    • Like x 1
  4. m2stech New Player

Quantum's Energy Expulsion is much much weaker the gadget's Photon Blast! EE has one less tick and the damage from the first two ticks is a joke, in other words PB can do four times the damage...devs was that intended ?
    • Like x 2
  5. Liam Solo New Player

I was running the T5 Ops tonight and used Quantum Tunneling to pick up a DPS while we were fighting Lex outside Lex tower. This is what Happened. I was stuck under the map and had to wait until the fight was over to warp to rally to get out. :eek:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Nevaborn New Player

My only real issues are

• Time tree Heal debuff requires you to be very close range. It needs to be more medium range similar to the other debuffs.
    • group stuns and PI arent always activating.
    • PoT sometimes needs re-activating and not all group members receive it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Sometimes when I use Tachyon Burst in controller role it casts the power twice back to back. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what. Seems to happen more commonly if I use another power right afterward. (Temporal Extortion)
  8. MercPony Devoted Player

Interesting enough, the same thing happened to me during Family Reunion when we was fighting Batman and Catwoman lol
  9. Meta Flare New Player

First of all please do not change anomaly. It is perfect the way it is. If people want a longer range debuff let them use the one from space tree.

Second...I love the animations. They are beautiful.

Third...can you make the crowd control effects happen more often. Sometimes my cc doesn't even happen. The pi will but not the cc.

Fourth...I would like another way to apply the graviton charged effect. I feel like two isn't enough.

I haven't used the time tree as much as the space tree so I will come back later.

PS. does the 25% supercharge have a special effect I'm unaware of or is it just a straight damage move?
  10. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Some Alc Wave feedback:

As much as I love the animation, it is very misleading in regards to the range of the move. The pulse makes it look like a very long range, but the damage seems to be of only a medium range at best.
    • Like x 4
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I don't know if I'd say the animation is misleading more that I expected more. When looking at the animation I guess it does make sense that its' a small range around you. The waves form behind you and extend a little infront of you and that does seem to be the range of the attack. Really wish it was different though and had a bit more range. Same issue as the time tree, we have content that push you to long range dps but PIs that require mid range putting me kinda in a pickle. So currently I just use warped reality.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Same result I have.

Also, with A. Wave, it's weird, but the debuf doesn't always apply even if you see the damage on it. I've also noticed the debuf hit and instantly dissapear, unless mobs and bosses have a cleanse I don't know about, this might be a bug. The other bug I have found, if you cancel the animation with your instapower, no damage and debuf is applied. I think this should be looked at, as gadgets' vortex cannon can be clipped for damage and debuf.
  13. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

well after a few days playin quantum overall i think its been very well designed. kudos devs.

besides the seizures ive developed from too much Tunneling....
    the only real gripe i have is some of the TIME tree moves need hit detection improvement. especially the following powers:

1.ANAMOLY is far from perfect. There needs to some sort of tweak done to how it hits targets or its range.

2. Tach burst has similar issues with its hit detection, range.

Both powers also seem to not hit multiple targets in close proximity as they should most of the time.
    Devs: Please see if there is anyway to fine tune or adjust how both of those powers hit targets.

thanks.
  14. Meta Flare New Player

After some more time with the time tree I still really don't want anomaly changed. Instead you could make distortion wave hit your target and emanate off of them and hit enemies around him. This way it keeps the awesomeness that is anomaly and adds a long range group pi applier that both trees are lacking. Also can time bomb spawn closer to the target, like tesla ball. Those are my only notes.
    • Like x 1
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Don't care how it's done but the fact that you can AE PI from distance keeps me from finding the time tree viable for damage.
  16. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

SOE, ARE YOU CRAZY!?
    WHY would you take the quantum power set, which is fun, and suddenly remove ALL but 1 way to get the graviton charged effect!!!!!
    I don't know how many ways there are to ignite people for the fire effect.
    And most sets have a minimum of 3+ ways to get their special effect going.
    And now you want to reduce Quantum's space tree to ONLY 1 way (the one person top power!) so that for all practical purposes it has NO effects. ARE YOUR CRAZY!
    DO not nuke Warped reality and A WAVE. They are fun just the way they are. I know some people might be jealous of our aweseom grav effects, but taking away any way to get graviton charged on multiple targets is CRAZY.
  17. Meta Flare New Player

Dude relax...you must not have read the whole sentence. Those powers no longer apply the power interaction on objects. Like crates and whatnot.

Now take a deep breathe. Everything is ok now.
    • Like x 1
  18. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind a stealth mode in place of Inspiral waves, call it alternate reality or parallel universe.
  19. Meta Flare New Player

It doesn't need a stealth move. There is quantum tunneling to drop aggro. Adding a stealth move would be redundant and would make it like gadgets and mental. Which it shouldn't be.
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Grav Bomb, starting to get a little annoying so I wanted to make sure it's intended. Enemies can dodge the damage on this, it happens A TON on boss mobs because many of them jump around. Fighting ninja batman in raids last night I had to just accept that i'd miss like 25% of the time. Nightwing/huntress for the alerts are the worst (nightwing has a faster refresh teleport than me! no fair! :p jk).

Fight now it'll send the ball flying to where you target is when you use the power. The problem is with the mobile enemies they are out of range of the splash by the time it lands. Was this intentional? could it be changed?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.