Green Aura????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Omega, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Kurokei Well-Known Player

I beg to differ. I already pointed out that they could replace all colors with grey, as it's neutral color. If and when they decide approve the color green, then reinstate the colors.

How can you say that when you, yourself, just pointed out that everybody outside the game and property is in the dark over their reasoning.

So you can't say that it's unrelated either, unless you know something about the agreements that the RGLF's don't.
  2. ARI ATARI New Player

we dont have enough green aura threads
  3. Cataclyzm New Player

I have a question, with so many green lantern copyright issues does anyone know if a hard light weapon pack will even get introduced? Has a dev ever stated whether or not it's in the works? It would be a shame If we got every powersets weapon theme except hard light.
    • Like x 1
  4. Bishop New Player

I seem to recall some small chatter in the new weaponset threads speaking of X,Y and Z coming along and there is mention of a Light weaponset. To be fair, the general direction is a weaponset for each power so one could easily conjecture Light is to be granted one.

I think under the lore that DCUO has employed for the Lantern Reservists there would be little problem with a preset Light weaponset, much like the Powerset is based upon - that is preset Constructs.

Bishop
  5. Cataclyzm New Player

Yea that would make sense, thanks for the reply and I hope your right!
    • Like x 1
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I kind of disagree, if dc allowed lantern powers, I don't see why they can't be flexible. Why allow lantern powers in the first place? completely pointless if you are representing the core.
    • Like x 1
  7. SoylentBob New Player

[IMG]
    moar constructz
  8. Buckley Loyal Player

i would love a lime green aura. The "Gold" aura is not my stile. I think lime-green is a color on its own,or is that also under a copyright?
    Jade aura...now that could solve the problem.
  9. Rebelyon New Player

How about giving us Venom aura like the Cape Carmine goons?

Its not green, its VENOM! :D
  10. Comixfan Committed Player

It's got nothing to do with copyright, and everything to do with DC not wanting a particular aspect of one of its intellectual properties in the game. Big difference.

There won't be a lime aura, or a jade aura, or an emerald aura, or any other shade of green aura because DC doesn't want it in a game featuring their properties.

/endthread
    • Like x 1
  11. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I think this is what it comes down to. SOE needs DC's permission to add anything to the game (or that's how it seems to me). If they wanted to add a pink and purple **** hat to the game and DC said no, then I think that would prevent them from adding it (or at least, this is how I'm understanding the situation). I don't think its about copyright or anything like that. I think its because SOE is using DC's property (the DC universe) and one of the conditions for using it is that DC can say yes or no to things being in the game. If this is correct, then no amount of renaming, twisting or otherwise manipulating the name of the green aura will get it in the game. Nor will appealing to the devs or SOE in general as it isn't them that's holding it up. I believe that if SOE could have found a way around it they would have. Green aura would have been a huge seller on the marketplace and if there's one thing I do understand, its that SOE absolutely loves their money. If people really, really want it, then perhaps they should be petitioning DC to allow it for the game.
    • Like x 3
  12. Buckley Loyal Player

"I think this is what it comes down to. SOE needs DC's permission to add anything to the game (or that's how it seems to me)."

"It's got nothing to do with copyright, and everything to do with DC not wanting a particular aspect of one of its intellectual properties in the game. Big difference."

Problem solved... Not a copy right issue and don't need to get permission (it has been given).
    The aura is in the game (now give it to me), so to are the construct weapon skins btw.

13. Comixfan Committed Player

Problem not solved because permission has not been given for green auras for players.

Just because green auras are utilised in game for other things does not mean SOE has permission to make auras that are wearable by players.

Why is this such a hard concept for some people to grasp?

I'd dearly love a green aura for my Captain Aussie character since his colour scheme is green & gold, but I understand it's not going to happen & why it's not going to happen & so I've accepted it & (reluctantly) settled for a gold aura.
  14. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Anyone know how to try to get an Aura faster? I really want my Magic/Fire Hero character to have an aura and Ive been playing them for weeks now trying to get a lockbox drop. They've been lvl 30 forever now. I don't understand either cuz my other Electricity/Meta Villain character got their aura almost right away just days after turning lvl 30 and I thought "Oh cool I got one". But why is it taking so long for my other character. Is it based on something Im not aware of?
  15. Binary Zero Active Player

They are randomly in lockboxes, though people argue that you get higher chances of auras when you open them at level 30.
    Otherwise, you get a certain amount of lockboxes per month (15) and it's not dependant how much you play, so grinding for them is pointless.
  16. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Well that blows. I know its random but i figured if I just kept playing some PVP everyday it would eventually drop. I didn't know there was limit per month. Even still though Ive only gotten one aura lockbox ever and thats was like 3 months ago. This sucks. They should just make it purchasable in the market. Its not like it adds to our armor or debuffs us or anything. Its just for show so why not just let us buy it if we want.
  17. LL New Player

with our new one, just thought I would bring back sad memories.
  18. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I don't know why anyone wants any color aura, I have all available colors and never use them because they annoy me.
  19. Milliardo New Player

I don't know--it would be nice to have a green aura, but as pointed out, that's for DC to decide, and right now they decide not to have it for players. I don't think IMO it's necessary to have one; I have a Green Lantern Corp character (with her own name, of course), and I don't it's necessary for her to have a green aura. It probably will add more to the realism, so to speak, but it's a minor thing for me. I just let my imagination free on this one: I made a GL-inspired character, so I imagine it to be a GLC character. She's got the uniform, and with so many GLC members in the DCU, I don't think everyone will have names, unless DC has a roster of all the GLC somewhere. So I just use my imagination, and I don't let not having a green aura get to me. I think this is what the game is all about: we create our own characters, and let our imagination come up to complete it. That's why I like it that there's a thread here where you can put your character's profile--again, use your imagination on this.
  20. Laff Riot New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1